Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

According to the french press this is all as good as done (subject to medical).

If this guy signs I am going to Tea bag my bird tonight!

Saves the rest of us a job... :pow:

Few comments from OM fans on that article:

Why do this to reduce the wage bill? Is he still paid if he refuses to play?

What's the point of this clause? The less he plays, the better the deal, no?  In any case, it means we lose another player and Ben Arfa is worth 15m.

Marseilles has an attack of fire and an iron defense but in the middle Kabore Cisse Cheyrou is not the best of the best. This season scares me.

A big club that (I'm not quite sure what he's saying here, someone about us just missing out on Europe, or maybe on the Europeans capital of Culture thing).  Well Arfa, signs for them.  It was written.

The French hoped that Ben Arfa would be the one to replace what they lost when zidane retired. Talked about in slightly less rarefied terms nowadays but his potential is still enormous  for France and dare I say it, us too.

Some more:

The British harshness can do only good to l'enfant terrible of French soccer.

Then someone's saying he won't play 25 games for us because he'll have a strop before he reaches that :lol:

Again, great business for OM, sell Ben Arfa for three times less than we paid to Lyon! Who's in charge of recruitment at OM???

HBA was liquidated (wasted?), unfortunately Newcastle was in the strongest position!  Their leaders knew that Marseilles needed rid of HBA, and they just let the price fall!  On the other hand, I've had laughs from reading this story for 3 weeks on HBA.. Always the same story, and now it's done.

Guest neesy111

The French hoped that Ben Arfa would be the one to replace what they lost when zidane retired. Talked about in slightly less rarefied terms nowadays but his potential is still enormous  for France and dare I say it, us too.

Gerard Houllier said the same thing about Bruno Cheyrou, how wrong was he!

What??? Hughton's finally admitted it???

It's like when you're in a room with two people and you've not farted.

You "Was that you?"

CH "I can confirm that's just speculation"

You "No, it really was, that's rotten that"

CH "There's nothing happening on that front"

You "Seriously, that's rank"

CH "Oh, ok, you got me *giggles*"

Some more:

The British harshness can do only good to l'enfant terrible of French soccer.

Then someone's saying he won't play 25 games for us because he'll have a strop before he reaches that :lol:

Again, great business for OM, sell Ben Arfa for three times less than we paid to Lyon! Who's in charge of recruitment at OM???

HBA was liquidated (wasted?), unfortunately Newcastle was in the strongest position!  Their leaders knew that Marseilles needed rid of HBA, and they just let the price fall!  On the other hand, I've had laughs from reading this story for 3 weeks on HBA.. Always the same story, and now it's done.

It is hilarious that we started at this point in the first place basically. 300+ pages of chat later, back where we started.

Don't get me wrong though, it was good chat.

Gerard Houllier said the same thing about Bruno Cheyrou, how wrong was he!

Aye, exactly the same neesy

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Yep it sounds like they knew he would come here but wanted us to sweat a bit due to his srop and flying here on a whim