Italian Serie A - 10/11

ponsaelius

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Why are Italian stadiums always so empty?

Falling apart. Crowd troubles/deaths/curva/ultras, etc. Some are just too big for the fan base that teams have now. Italian football wasn't what it was once. Go read Calcio, Mike!

Guys I went to a 'soccer store' here in Virginia, and it's nuts,loads of team merchandise that's easy a few years old, lots of old shirts on sale too. If you guys ever head out here you should check it out, huge flags too.

f***ing hell i got hammered last night, just awful stuff really

Roma beat us last year as well but i`m pretty amazed at how fast i realized i just can't like Benitez even if as a supporter you should be able to give the manager some time.

Boring game with a fluke goal at the end, well played from Vuk though.

Muntari for Milito ffs, what kind of s*** is that at 0-0?

Vucinic is great. Shame he's basically die-hard Roma. The cunt.

I watch some Italian football but not tonnes so I don't know if it was a surprise, but I was surprised by Juve on Thursday. They looked a tidy outfit - perhaps I overestimated their decline?

:lol:

Nah, seriously I don't really know how Juve will be this season. Del Neri is still trying to get his 4-4-2 going with them so maybe he'll turn them round this season, but there squad is very average by Juve standards IMO.

On the plus side, was watching a Del Piero video on a video-sharing website the other day and it reminded me of what a class player he was in his day. Him and Zidane man. And can't forget Nedved.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Italian Football is so hard to watch these days. What I'd give for a Nedved to spark some creative life into the league.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Italian Football is so hard to watch these days. What I'd give for a Nedved to spark some creative life into the league.

Then don't watch it

:clap:

You still get some great matches in Serie A.

I'm not saying its utter shite, but compared to what it was, its a long hard slog to sit through 90 minutes (even taking into consideration its Italian Football).

I don't think I can ever describe watching a football match as a 'long hard slog'. I pretty much enjoy every game I watch, even if it's poor.

I actually enjoy watching Serie A just as much as I do the Premier League on a whole. They're both different styles, but each throw up their fair share of dross.