Italian Serie A - 10/11

ponsaelius

I hope this potential 70 milliom in transfer fees isn't banked. Replacements have got to be bought surely?

Looks like Masherano is almost a certainty, although I don't see the need for him. I'd like to see Balotelli replaced by somebody like Jovetic, or if the cash is to really be splashed then Aguero...

Full backs I'm not sure if replacements are needed, if Maicon goes Zanetti slips across to RB and Chivu/Santon comes in I guess. Filipe Luis or Kolorov would have been good signings but there aren't many full backs left tbh - maybe Vargas?

Benitez with money, this could be funny.

Benitez is pretty much guarenteed to have no say in transfer dealings thankfully, apart from Mascherano who he allegedly requested specifically.

Cue Kuyt as Balo replacement :lol:

Guest Heneage

Benitez with money, this could be funny.

Benitez is pretty much guarenteed to have no say in transfer dealings thankfully, apart from Mascherano who he allegedly requested specifically.

Cue Kuyt as Balo replacement :lol:

Degen to replace Maicon. :lol:

Dirk Kuyt is a damn fine footballer. All of this criticism and vitriol directed towards him is unfounded and a result of the herd mentality that has followed after the media condemned his signing. In the current, he is a far better player Balotelli, and will remain so unless Mario can sort his life out.

Dirk Kuyt is a damn fine footballer. All of this criticism and vitriol directed towards him is unfounded and a result of the herd mentality that has followed after the media condemned his signing. In the current, he is a far better player Balotelli, and will remain so unless Mario can sort his life out.

Inter have enough hard workers, and he's 29. He'd almost certainly do a job for a few years, but surely a younger player with a bit more 'star quality' would be more suitable.

He's not as bad as made out though, I agree.

Kuyt is technically inept tbh. I don't question his work ethic like because he puts in a bigger shift than most.

Doesn't help he's been shot out to the wing at Liverpool, bamboozlingly. But that's Benitez for you.

He's been far more affective out wide for Liverpool and Netherlands than he has as a CF.

Guest Heneage

I'd much rather have Balotelli, and I say that as one of his biggest critics.

Kuyt is like a lot of good Eredivisie players who ends up being over rated and then fails to perform and is deemed a flop. He's not fast, his technique is poor, and requires time on the ball. Yes he works hard, but so do a lot of players, the fact you consider him a fine footballer doesn't surprise me though.

Any sensible person would rather have Balotelli because he is not yet 20. This is just basic business sense.

I do not think Kuyt is that bad techically and while he is not quick, he is a physically strong player who moves well with the ball and holds off other players. He will do well for you when surrounded by other talented attacking players as he does not often lose the ball and pops up in goal scoring positions as defenders do not focus on him. He also has a strong winner's mentality.

Mario is a loose cannon with mental issues.

Guest Heneage

Any sensible person would rather have Balotelli because he is not yet 20. This is just basic business sense.

I do not think Kuyt is that bad techically and while he is not quick, he is a physically strong player who moves well with the ball and holds off other players. He will do well for you when surrounded by other talented attacking players as he does not often lose the ball and pops up in goal scoring positions as defenders do not focus on him. He also has a strong winner's mentality.

Mario is a loose cannon with mental issues.

This is nothing to do with age. This is to do with basic talent and what they offer. Balotelli is light years ahead of Kuyt he just lacks the mental stability, that can be coached into him, lack of talent can't.

I think Kuyt is Hollands answer to Jenas.

Adopted Fiorentina as my Italian team after my Mam and Dad went to Tuscany and brought me back a shirt. A fakey but its still nice and I don't have the heart or the money at the minute to buy a real one and where that instead.

Quite like Parma as well :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Try to watch as many Cagliari matches as i can, tough with Serie A as they tend to play when i am out on a weekend. Hoping Wenger keeps his hands off Marchetti unless he pays big money(some joker has already removed him from their wiki page as of yesterday, somewhat premature even if he has handed in a transfer request)

Shame about Arevalo falling through when it seemed complete, hopefully theres legs in the Newcastle rumour for him.

Still need a goalscorer though, since Aqua left they have made do with a group of low scorers rather than a main man with only Matri getting over 8 goals last season.

Guest Heneage

One needs to go the other shouldn't.

35 million for Balotelli can be invested to make the team even better

Just who would pay 35 f***ing million for Mario Balotelli???

edit: City

:lol:

It does feel like being in a foreign garage ripping of the English tourists, everybody sniggering as they pay top dollar for what is essentially a temperamental Fiat Punto.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Kuyt is technically inept tbh. Work ethic, grand.

Doesn't help he's been shot out to the wing at Liverpool, bamboozlingly. But that's Benitez for you.

Its not as a true winger though, its as a modern winger/floating striker option. His job is push the fullback and stop the fullback from attacking, then when Liverpool attack, he joins in the attack. I'm not sure how well that kind of player would work in Italy, since they play slower and comapct.

Lecce relegated the same season as Newcastle and promoted again as champions the same season as Newcastle.

Back in Serie A again this season. Bari managed to stay up too so there will be a couple of derby games to look forward to.