La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Villarreal just tied up Cani's contract for two more seasons. Together with the extensions to Rossi and Bruno this should allow them to keep the spine of their team for a while. Or at least extract outrageous money from them.

Senna looks like will be released at the end of the season. Class player on his day, his legs are gone now.

La Liga has threatened to go on strike on February 20th to pressure the government into giving into a few demands. Mainly:

- They want a cut of bets involving La Liga clubs from firms operating in Spain (do you have that in the UK?)

- They want to remove the "free" weekly La Liga game that has to be offered on free on-air TV according to our law.

- They want to limit some of the free access the media have to match footage in order to make news reports.

- They want to get a fee from radio stations broadcasting games (football radio broadcasts are still very big in Spain)

Guest neesy111

La Liga has threatened to go on strike on February 20th to pressure the government into giving into a few demands. Mainly:

- They want a cut of bets involving La Liga clubs from firms operating in Spain (do you have that in the UK?)

- They want to remove the "free" weekly La Liga game that has to be offered on free on-air TV according to our law.

- They want to limit some of the free access the media have to match footage in order to make news reports.

- They want to get a fee from radio stations broadcasting games (football radio broadcasts are still very big in Spain)

No from what I know.

Introduced the lass to Barca tonight. Told her it was football at its most beautiful - which it almost was. Easily talked her into going to Barcelona for a weekend and seeing them play in a couple of months, well happy.

May is a better bet for weather, but Salou :lol:

Ugly, overdeveloped s***hole. Never understood why all the English tourists are bused there.

I'd obviously rather spend the week in Andalucia, but then I wouldn't get to see your beloved Barca, would I?

Plus, we've got some expat friends in Salou, and it's pretty decent for bars.

Guest neesy111

May is a better bet for weather, but Salou :lol:

Ugly, overdeveloped s***hole. Never understood why all the English tourists are bused there.

Port Aventura is one hell of a theme park though. :)

Guest neesy111

Damn right. The water park next door is pretty fantastic, too.

You can easily stay in Barcelona and then go there on a day trip me and my mates did it.  1 hour away on the train.