La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Veteran Sergio? Where'd he go to - Levante was it?

Yes. Backup player for them though.

Doesn't look like Depor can't pay, they just don't want to (the contract termination wasn't friendly at all) and make a point of paying every installment on the last day it's possible.

Apparently Racing Santander is on the verge of being sold to "an Indian billionaire based in Bahrain with great investments in a worldwide sportwear brand", according to their president. They are hopelessly broke so they do really need a bailout. Maybe they'll buy Xisco off you then :aww:

The guy has been revealed to be one Ahsan Ali Syed, who apparently tried to buy Blackburn before the current Indian lot did it. He's promised to invest €90m in 5 years, which is a godsend for Racing who are crippled by debt.

VI - what's your take on this?  I found it fascinating:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/la-liga/8272691/Storms-forecast-in-Madrid-as-Real-boss-Jose-Mourinho-gets-angry-again.html

Bullshit or is there anything in it?  Interesting that I thought at the start of the article what the writer concludes at the end, where the fuck would Madrid go after Mourinho to topple you?  ???

VI - what's your take on this?  I found it fascinating:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/la-liga/8272691/Storms-forecast-in-Madrid-as-Real-boss-Jose-Mourinho-gets-angry-again.html

Bullshit or is there anything in it?  Interesting that I thought at the start of the article what the writer concludes at the end, where the f*** would Madrid go after Mourinho to topple you?  ???

It would be the end of the current regime. Mourinho knows this and that's why - imho - he's bluffing to get what he wants from the board and get more control about what happens at the club. In some things he's right (they should have signed a #9, Valdano's slight digs at his own coach in the press are petty and unresponsible), in some things he's very wrong (his media antics are hurting RM's image a lot and I can't see Pérez backing this with conviction). Mou's also called out the Madrid press for the c***s they are which is very necessary for them.

Ultimately, it'll be up to the trophies they win this season. They're still in all of 3 of them.

Guest neesy111

VI - what's your take on this?  I found it fascinating:

Bullshit or is there anything in it?  Interesting that I thought at the start of the article what the writer concludes at the end, where the f*** would Madrid go after Mourinho to topple you?  ???

It would be the end of the current regime. Mourinho knows this and that's why - imho - he's bluffing to get what he wants from the board and get more control about what happens at the club. In some things he's right (they should have signed a #9, Valdano's slight digs at his own coach in the press are petty and unresponsible), in some things he's very wrong (his media antics are hurting RM's image a lot and I can't see Pérez backing this with conviction). Mou's also called out the Madrid press for the c***s they are which is very necessary for them.

Ultimately, it'll be up to the trophies they win this season. They're still in all of 3 of them.

If they don't sign a number 9 then I can't see them winning La Liga.  You basically have a 5 point lead over them now (with the 5-0 win over them).

Guest neesy111

Early doors. The % of points both sides will win the remainder of the season is so high that a bad patch would doom us. Negligible difference imho.

Still think madrid have been lucky so far this season, Villareal should of done them a few weeks back.

My hope is they do have a very hard run-in. After the Clásico they have to go to Sevilla, Valencia and Villarreal's turfs. We also have to go there + Bernabéu in this second half of the season, but it's done early so if we manage to put a strong run in February - March we should be in it. But this thing it's pretty much open, really.

Guest neesy111

My hope is they do have a very hard run-in. After the Clásico they have to go to Sevilla, Valencia and Villarreal's turfs. We also have to go there + Bernabéu in this second half of the season, but it's done early so if we manage to put a strong run in February - March we should be in it. But this thing it's pretty much open, really.

Have confidence in your team man, Barca will wrap it up with 4 games to spare imo.  Real will concentrate with their fascination with champs league eventually.

Guest neesy111

Did anyone discuss the Barca game on here?

It was a standard, typical, average Barca game. Yet still great to watch.

Seen some of it in the Bowling alley i was at tonight.  Correct was typical Barca game from what I seen.

I'll say it again, I think Messi's playing within himself at the moment. And he still got a goal (albeit a pen) and an assist tonight - maybe I'm just greedy and expecting him to be intergalactically amazing each game.

In fact, IMO I think there's been a conscious effort from Pep at the moment that if the game is won, just save yourselves (due to the CL kicking back in soon).

Guest neesy111

I'll say it again, I think Messi's playing within himself at the moment. And he still got a goal (albeit a pen) and an assist tonight - maybe I'm just greedy and expecting him to be intergalactically amazing each game.

In fact, IMO I think there's been a conscious effort from Pep at the moment that if the game is won, just save yourselves (due to the CL kicking back in soon).

Barca only went into Top Gear v Real this season.  Every other game it's been 3rd gear best for me, they will always have a gear which no team on this planet has.

We seem more subdued lately, which I'm fine with if it means we'll hit top gear come March (and beat Arsenal in February).

I'm also satisfied with so many people chipping in again. There was a lot of times last year that we genuinely looked a one-man team with Messi being everything.

I was going to say defence but it isn't really. The only real flaw I can see is if a team can really effectively counter against them because of the offensive mentality Barca adopt exposing the defence if the opposition can break fast. That would of course have to be combined with a tremendous defensive performance.

None. :aww:

Our lack of depth is usually pointed as our main weakness, something I'd agree on.

But that just highlights another strength. Your 'main' players are seemingly incredibly fit. Very few injury problems.

I was going to say defence but it isn't really. The only real flaw I can see is if a team can really effectively counter against them because of the offensive mentality Barca adopt exposing the defence if the opposition can break fast. That would of course have to be combined with a tremendous defensive performance.

Yes, we are vulnerable to good counters but I'd say that's more a tactical "weakness" (and that's inevitable when you play with a high defensive line) that not having good players in that position.