Nolan appointed club captain

AlanSkÃrare

Guest taps01

Nolans motivation is inspiring the rest of the team. Big season for him, I believe he is going to prove a few people wrong.

Agreed

I would like to see us progress to a more passing game this season and that's not going to happen with Nolan in the side. It's not about slagging him off for no reason, you have to give him credit for the goals if we are getting results. But those teams that don't have Nolan's goals and are playing good football..that's where we want to be.

I thought we passed Villa off the park yesterday imo.

wWe passed them off the park because Barton showed what a real midfielder can do, and he was well supported Smith yesterday. But if you guys like Nolan up front with Andy Carroll you are entitled to your opinion, he got two goals. I would prefer a different type of forward that's all.

Nolans motivation is inspiring the rest of the team. Big season for him, I believe he is going to prove a few people wrong.

Well if Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, Spurs or any of the sides that play good football come in for him he will definitely prove a few people wrong. More likely to be Bolton or Stoke though and for a reason.

I would like to see us progress to a more passing game this season and that's not going to happen with Nolan in the side. It's not about slagging him off for no reason, you have to give him credit for the goals if we are getting results. But those teams that don't have Nolan's goals and are playing good football..that's where we want to be.

wWe passed them off the park because Barton showed what a real midfielder can do, and he was well supported Smith yesterday. But if you guys like Nolan up front with Andy Carroll you are entitled to your opinion, he got two goals. I would prefer a different type of forward that's all.

So would I, I just think yesterday showed we are capable of passing the ball about with Nolan on the pitch.

Although tbh I think it's early days to be thinking we will regularly be able to play passing football this season.

So would I, I just think yesterday showed we are capable of passing the ball about with Nolan on the pitch.

Although tbh I think it's early days to be thinking we will regularly be able to play passing football this season.

I think we can go so far with Nolan, and at this stage it's about staying up so beggars can't be choosers. He's not a Keegan or SBR type of player though is he? That's the sort of team I like to watch and hopefully we'll get there again in the not too distant future.

Guest malandro

About twenty minutes through the second half yesterday I was pondering how we’d fair if Arfa was playing in Nolan’s role, and concluded that it was swings and roundabouts. What we’d gain in pace and trickery we may well lose in commitment and strength... there’s no way Arfa would have scored either of the goals Nolan did.

I wasn’t impressed at all last season but if Nolan carries on scoring goals at this level he’s an asset to the team not a liability. If the goals dry up....

I think we can go so far with Nolan, and at this stage it's about staying up so beggars can't be choosers. He's not a Keegan or SBR type of player though is he? That's the sort of team I like to watch and hopefully we'll get there again in the not too distant future.

I hope so too.

I have a feeling Nolan has more to offer than that.

His general play isn't shite at all either. He has an average touch and is a decent passer. He's just slow at most things other than reacting in the box.

I would go along with that. If he wasn't slow he'd be a top player.