Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He was 22 or 23 and believed to be a real prospect. And let's not forget who his brother is.

I thought you were going to say it was 8m and it was to Sunderland however you raise valid points but for a central defender he is still quite young at 25 has had a good record at england under 21 level and he is english someone would easily pay 5-6m for him for those reasons alone.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll never, ever like him. This is Wullie with Duff level. I flat out fucking hate every single thing about him.

Guest Chubby Jason

I'll never, ever like him. This is Wullie with Duff level. I flat out f***ing hate every single thing about him.

What about his big heart and huge love for his boyhood club?

Guest firetotheworks

I'll never, ever like him. This is Wullie with Duff level. I flat out f***ing hate every single thing about him.

He's Pig Heart Boy and I'd gladly throw a bucket of blood all over him.

Guest Chubby Jason

He's Pig Heart Boy and I'd gladly throw a bucket of blood all over him.

What about when he dived to win a penalty against Sunderland that time? He's our very own Jamie Carragher.

So if we get a decent offer in the summer,say £5-7 mill, should we sell him? I'm all for..still makes amateur mistakes, and even worse, he's paid handsomely for doing so..wanker

If someone offered £6m i wouldn't even have to think twice. The guy's a tool and he's not very good.

Needs to be the player who's constantly attacking the ball, unfortunately he plays like the "intelligent" one who wants to read the game and sweep up when that should clearly be left to Colo.

If he's worth £6m (which he is) then at the moment he's a £6m squad player which is fine for me. Willo edges it at the moment.

He's not error prone in the same sense that Bramble was/is but he's making basic defending errors which are coming as a result of his undefined role.

Needs to be the player who's constantly attacking the ball, unfortunately he plays like the "intelligent" one who wants to read the game and sweep up when that should clearly be left to Colo.

If he's worth £6m (which he is) then at the moment he's a £6m squad player which is fine for me. Willo edges it at the moment.

He's not error prone in the same sense that Bramble was/is but he's making basic defending errors which are coming as a result of his undefined role.

To defend?

£6m? Tell the nurse to lower your medication next time you see her.

Aye ok then. His stock is still reasonably high in the media, he's still got time on his side for a defender and he's also English.

£6m is par for the course.

He's worth whatever people are willing to pay for him and if you can't see another club willing to take a £6m punt on him then you need to see my nurse.

Aye ok then. His stock is still reasonably high in the media, he's still got time on his side for a defender and he's also English.

He's worth whatever people are willing to pay for him and if you can't see another club willing to take a £6m punt on him then you need to see my nurse.

Who is going to pay £6m for him then?

Of the likely candidates Villa don't need him, Everton can't afford him, Spurs/Liverpool/Stoke don't need him. Mackems wouldn't buy him.

The Mackems could buy him like. Play him with Bramble and bring in Given and Bellamy from City, Carr and Bowyer from Birmingham and Parker and Dyer from West Ham - sorted :thup:

To defend?

To be the defender who comes out to meet the ball at all times, make blocks dominates strikers physically, be the terry/campbell type defender. His basic errors for me come as a result of his abysmal positioning which is a reflection of his inaiblity to play the colo role due to his lack of anticipation and inabilityto read a game.

Of the likely candidates Villa don't need him, Everton can't afford him, Spurs/Liverpool/Stoke don't need him. Mackems wouldn't buy him.

Barcelona and Arsenal, innit.

Bit strange of you to decide which teams need what and who can afford what dont ya think?!

But because I'm not a total cock and I amwilling to answer things put to me I'd say Bolton would be a club that I could see going fr him...

Barcelona and Arsenal, innit.

Bit strange of you to decide which teams need what and who can afford what dont ya think?!

But because I'm not a total cock and I amwilling to answer things put to me I'd say Bolton would be a club that I could see going fr him...

Not really. Think it used to be called having an opinion. Be flabbergasted if Bolton spend £6m on a defender bearing in mind they've just signed Wheater and Knight has been playing well.

Being the 'charger' requires positional discipline/intelligence too.

True but far less so than the other role, its also a role that is easier to coach.

Not that i'm trying to draw too many comparison but Terry is a player who blossomed relatively late in his career when Mourihno came aboard if i remeber correctly, around the same age as Taylor is now. I still think it'd be naive to get rid "because he's shit."

Also think the 'charger' role has alot to do with desire and determination and as much as i fucking hate cliches i think he has both and still can be worked on.

Like I say, if we want to build a squad then im happy with having him as a £5/6m squad player.