Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Giving Nolan a new contract is the biggest indicator you could wish for that Ashley wants to build a cheap club which will do just enough to avoid relegation every season.

Nolan is on an estimated 50k a year, giving him a new contract is far from cheap.

He won't be offered 50k a year, he'll probably be offered 25-30k. Nolan is the perfect player for a club with no ambition because no decent club will want him, and we can play a long ball game in the hope he will score enough goals to keep us up. This will also mean we can spend less on other players as the long ball game can be played with relatively cheap shite players who won't rock the boat like Leon Best and we won't need to sign genuine quality footballers all over the pitch.

So when you look at it that way, re-signing Fatty Nolan would be cheap even at 50k a week and no doubt that will be factored in to the decision to offer him a new contract.

Who cares. I was laughing at your post in general and the contradictions within it. You know absolutely nothing of his diet, lifestyle, body conditioning, wage packet and 'worth' of his contribution in terms of what the club can/should pay him.

You are without doubt one of the biggest fantasists ever seen on this forum, and that's saying something.

Oh come on man. It's fairly easy to see that he's gained weight from his days in Bolton. It's not rocket science. If you're heavy-set, despite regular training, you're eating and drinking unhealthy shit.

Guest icemanblue

Oh come on man. It's fairly easy to see that he's gained weight from his days in Bolton. It's not rocket science. If you're heavy-set, despite regular training, you're eating and drinking unhealthy shit.

Have you ever seen him up close, and in real life? He's far from fat.

Guest icemanblue

No I haven't, but HD-pictures should be sufficient ;). I'm not saying that he's fat. But I'm saying that he's more set than most professional athletes.

He's been vital, but I cannot see him being a regular next season. His mobility  suffers because he's too fat and too slow. And his  passing is inaccurate. In fact, he doesn't have a single ability required for an offensive midfielder. He's a genius inside the box, but only on set pieces and in  the play that subsequently follows, where we have many people inside the box and are able to keep up the pressure. In spite of all his faults, he's managed to score 11 goals. That should say something about his potential. If only he could have been more dedicated, like Bale (no drinking, junk food). He's not worth 50 a week unless he gets into shape. But I'd love to see him signing a  long term contract that's not as lucrative. He's an excellent person to have in the team.

Nah, you are like. HD pictures obviously aren't sufficient, then.

I found a picture of his early days in Bolton..Come on, you got to admit that he looks slimmer and more healthy on this picture...   :yikes:   :pow:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39806000/jpg/_39806891_nolan_emp300x300.jpg

Quick question Punk, what do you class as inaccurate passing? 50% completion? 60%? 70%?

The answer is "I don't like him and I saw him misplace a pass a couple of times so I let that vindicate my opinion."

I found a picture of his early days in Bolton..Come on, you got to admit that he looks slimmer and more healthy on this picture...  :yikes:  :pow:

It must have been doctored.

Guest icemanblue

I found a picture of his early days in Bolton..Come on, you got to admit that he looks slimmer and more healthy on this picture...  :yikes:  :pow:

Nah, he's only 11 there.

Guest Roger Kint

Quick question Punk, what do you class as inaccurate passing? 50% completion? 60%? 70%?

The answer is "I don't like him and I saw him misplace a pass a couple of times so I let that vindicate my opinion."

True, or he will find out his stats and claim higher........

Nah, he's only 11 there.

He's just big boned.

Depends on the difficulty of pass. One should tolerate higher passing inaccuracy for an offensive player. He will more often that not hit those difficult balls: crossers or through balls.  If the player on the other hand is a DM, one expects a higher passing accuracy because a player in that position normally plays it simple.

This is Nolan's passing against Blackburn.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/944/nolang.jpg

Imo our current best away match. We were totally dominant and did everything correct, except scoring. Nolan made 31 passes and only missed on 5. But take a look at the difficulty. Most of them are easy passes concentrated around the middle.. However, if we look at his ball distribution around Blackburn's box (which should be his responsibility), it's almost absent.  In a match we were so dominant, one should expect that Nolan took more responsibility in the offensive play, like an offensive midfielder should do. But he doesn't. Although his passing accuracy is high, it should be weighed against the simplicity of his passing. This is his greatest liability imo. It results in him bagging goals, but he's not setting other players up in good scoring positions, which is the responsibility of an offensive midfielder.

Now, let us take a look at Tiote's passing against Blackburn.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/3002/tiote.jpg

He made 65 passes, and missed on 13 of them. He's a defensive midfielder, still he managed twice as many passes as Nolan, and with about the same passing accuracy.  He's the reason why we controlled the midfield that day.  Leaving aside the fact that Tiote made more passes, we also see that Tiote and Nolan's passing pattern is similar. However, Tiote's pattern is normal for a player in that particular position. That's more than we can say about Nolan's pattern: He's an offensive midfielder, but his passing pattern is very similar to a DEFENSIVE midfielder. This makes our midfield unbalanced, since we have only Barton, but no offensive CM that's able to set Jonas and Enrique in good positions. Accordingly Jonas and Enrique is left to their own devices without support from the CM in their attempts to get past their opponent.  You can see from Nolan's chalkboard that  he didn't have a single long distance,  longitudinal pass out to the left. That would have set Jonas up behind the defense, exploiting fully his speed and running capacity. Nolan is mostly making short passes across to Jonas, but that doesn't help the latter to get past his opponent.

That post has completely changed your argument, btw. First you said his passing was inaccurate, now you're saying it's similar to that of a defensive midfielder, which is something completely different. Regardless of 'how' he passes the ball, I fail to see how Nolan can be considered as anything other than a good passer of the ball. He's quite tidy with possession, not perfect, but pretty good.

i see what punks saying with those diagrams but it doesn't back up his original point as pilko said

I might have overgeneralized his inaccuracy. He's solid as long as he makes easy passes..But he's the one who should perform the killer pass, not Tiote..

i see what punks saying with those diagrams but it doesn't back up his original point as pilko said

I might have overgeneralized his inaccuracy. He's solid as long as he makes easy passes..But he's the one who should perform the killer pass, not Tiote..

i thought so, and you're probably right in that respect generally speaking

i thought so, and you're probably right in that respect generally speaking

:thup: