Tuck yer shirt in son!!!

themanupstairs

I wear my sock pushed down over my ankles for a little bit more protection.

Is there any reason for the socks up rule that you reffered to referees???

Yes, LOTG state that the shinguards must be covered at all times.

Shinguards

• are covered entirely by the stockings

• are made of rubber, plastic or a similar

suitable material

• provide a reasonable degree of protection

The 3rd point from LOTG is laughable as most players want the smallest possible shinguards and look like they borrowed their 7yr olds shinguards. No wonder they roll around on the ground after each tackle.

Why do they prefer smaller shin pads? I remember the ones I used in school, they were huge. They went around the ankle and all sorts. I thought they were class. They looked bullet proof tbh.

No idea really - I think they want the smallest and least bulkiest shin guards available. 

US Highschool even had to add rules that stated that shinguards had to be size appropriate and worn in the correct location (no higher than 3 inches from ankle bone) to stop the kids playing in U7 shinguards that were taped half way up the shin.

No idea really - I think they want the smallest and least bulkiest shin guards available. 

US Highschool even had to add rules that stated that shinguards had to be size appropriate and worn in the correct location (no higher than 3 inches from ankle bone) to stop the kids playing in U7 shinguards that were taped half way up the shin.

I remember half of my team hating that rule. I never understand how it was comfortable in the first place.

I was usually centreback, DM, or rightback. I always wore my shirt untucked, with socks to the knee and shorts just at the knee. If it wasn't too hot, I would wear short sleeves and gloves. Similar to Diawara, tbh. It just felt the most comfortable.

In basketball I universally untuck my shirt. How am I meant to jump around if my shirt is tightly tucked? :lol:

Every CB should wear the classic

http://www.sneakersin.com/images/copa01.JPG

such as Sol.

Aye. I always wear black footwear when I am playing any sport seriously. People who wear gaudy colours on their feet are jokers. imo. Especially as a defender.