FA Cup 2010/11

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

Bollocks.  I was really hoping for someone at the stadium.

Same. Especially as we're away to Arsenal on the Sunday that weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

AFC Wimbledon or Ebbsfleet v Stevenage or MK Dons

Holy f***ing s***.

Can't wait! I'm always following Wimbledon's results, want them to move up the leagues purely from a derby perspective, that will be some fucking spectacle.

Holy f***ing s***.

I would love this to happen. It would be as funny as fuck to see the real continuation of Wimbledon FC stick one up those self righteous ground stealing franchise bastards from Norbiton. I know I'll be in the minority, as we've had this discussion before, but I really can't stand AFC Womblescum.

EDIT: Having just read that article I can see lots of familiar names on the comments section. It's the same boring old idiots who I have encountered on many a non-league message board. They are still going on about the same stuff, it's ridiculously boring.

Holy f***ing s***.

I would love this to happen.  It would be as funny as f*** to see the real continuation of Wimbledon FC stick one up those self righteous ground stealing franchise bastards from Norbiton. I know I'll be in the minority, as we've had this discussion before, but I really can't stand AFC Womblescum.

I don't understand what you have against Wimbledon.

Because they acted like billy big bollocks to the rest of non-league? Any set of fans in the same situation would end up the same, imagine if Newcastle for some reason ended up with a phoenix club starting at the bottom - we'd be a right set of twats.

MK Dons are an embarrassment of a football club.

What's so amazing about Wimbledon vs MKDons? (Genuinely have no clue)

Really?

It wasn't even that long ago, around 02/03ish?

Basically Wimbledon were bought out, and the team, players, and company was moved from Wimbledon to Milton Keynes leaving Wimbledon fans without a club. Eventually the team name and colours were changed but they kept the Dons bit (WimbleDON).

Wimbledon fans refused to follow the new team and so set up their own club from the very bottom, who have subsequently moved back up the leagues and are now in the Conference.

EDIT: Having just read that article I can see lots of familiar names on the comments section. It's the same boring old idiots who I have encountered on many a non-league message board. They are still going on about the same stuff, it's ridiculously boring.

If Newcastle were uprooted to Yorkshire I'd still be banging the f*** on about it 7 years later too.

Holy f***ing s***.

I would love this to happen.  It would be as funny as f*** to see the real continuation of Wimbledon FC stick one up those self righteous ground stealing franchise bastards from Norbiton. I know I'll be in the minority, as we've had this discussion before, but I really can't stand AFC Womblescum.

Because they acted like billy big bollocks to the rest of non-league? Any set of fans in the same situation would end up the same, imagine if Newcastle for some reason ended up with a phoenix club starting at the bottom - we'd be a right set of twats.

I bought all that bollocks until they turned up at my ground, kicked in the fencing, damaged the stand, invaded the pitch and laughed at our player with a broken leg. They are a vile bunch of wankers who believe they have a right to get to the football league. They treated the whole of non-league football with contempt and 95% of the clubs were happy to shut up and take the pay off of their big crowds and let them win. We stood up to them and refused to let them walk all over us, they didn't like it and they got very nasty. There has been more than a couple of incidents of AFC 'fans' physically assaulting our fans after games. They are just a horrible horrible club and I hope they get to the league so I never have to see them again, unless of course they play NUFC when in which case I will go back to 'the fans stadium' and piss all over the place.

And another thing, everyone forgets about the famous old non-league club who had there ground stolen in a property deal by a greedy devious chairman. But then, that would be detrimental to the fairy tale of AFC Wimbledon.

Holy f***ing s***.

I bought all that bollocks until they turned up at my ground, kicked in the fencing, damaged the stand, invaded the pitch and laughed at our player with a broken leg. They are a vile bunch of wankers who believe they have a right to get to the football league. They treated the whole of non-league football with contempt and 95% of the clubs were happy to shut up and take the pay off of their big crowds and let them win. We stood up to them and refused to let them walk all over us, they didn't like it and they got very nasty. There has been more than a couple of incidents of AFC 'fans' physically assaulting our fans after games. They are just a horrible horrible club and I hope they get to the league so I never have to see them again, unless of course they play NUFC when in which case I will go back to 'the fans stadium' and piss all over the place.

And another thing, everyone forgets about the famous old non-league club who had there ground stolen in a property deal by a greedy devious chairman. But then, that would be detrimental to the fairy tale of AFC Wimbledon.

Okay, so you don't like their fans because of a bad experience with them. Fair enough, I'm sure they have their fair share of wankers. However so does the club I support, and many others, and if any well supported club ended up in non-league the same 'horror stories' would happen. Look at FCUoM, it's the same with their bunch.

Even so, if you didn't like their fans, then referring to MK as 'the real continuation of Wimbledon FC' is just downright spiteful. Anybody who understands football in this country knows darn well that MK Dons is not the same club that had been around for over 100 years before that.

Watching Gateshead at AFC Wimbledon the last couple of seasons, their fans have been friendly and welcoming. Certainly more so than at most of the ex-league teams in the Conference.

Exactly. Fans have different experiences with fans on different occasions. It's the same at any level.

I can understand MKSC having had a bad past experience with their fans, however judging a completely different scenario (the moving of their football club) based on this is just bitter and downright wrong. I for one wouldn't wish that particular scenario on ANY set of fans, not even the R&W bunch from down the road.

The fact that they went through shit doesn't give them the right to act the twat to smaller clubs.

Even so, if you didn't like their fans, then referring to MK as 'the real continuation of Wimbledon FC' is just downright spiteful. Anybody who understands football in this country knows darn well that MK Dons is not the same club that had been around for over 100 years before that.

MK Dons are the legal continuation of Wimbledon FC. They legally moved the club with the dispensation of the governing body of the sport. AFC Wimbledon came into exsistence while there was still a Wimbledon FC, so therefore they are not the continuation of the club. Say what you like about 'spirit' and all that tosh but the facts remain that MK Dons are Wimbledon FC. AFC are an entirely new club. Plenty of Wimbledon fans went to watch MK Dons and still do. Do they not deserve to be recognised as fans of the club they followed for many years?

It might not be the normal viewpoint of all the right minded people in the football family but I lost all my sympathy for that lot a couple of years ago and with good reason. You won't change my mind. They are scum of the very highest order. I wasn't a fan of the whole MK thing when it happened but over time I've realised that it is not the MK fans or the MK club that were wrong. It was the people who sold out to Winkleman that had been running the Wimbledon FC into the ground and the piss poor fans they had who made Wimbledon FC the worst supported team in the Premier League, long before the MK move came to pass. These are the same people who spout there mouths of across the internet at anybody who dares to question AFC on any subject. I fully expect one of them to turn up on here and try to get me banned for blasphemy against the almighty club of the people.

If Newcastle were uprooted to Yorkshire I'd still be banging the f*** on about it 7 years later too.

Exactly. The more people become apathetic and say "move on" or worse say the Franchise has worked the more chance there is of it becoming a precedent. It should never be forgotten because it should never happen again. It's still an absolute disgrace and always will be that there's a club in the football league that has been given a league place when everyone else has spent years or decades of hard work to earn it, including the team who's place they stole and who were made to spend eight years (or more) doing it all over again.

It's the same with the 39th game nonsense, I've no idea why some supposed football fans don't seem to care about selling away the games rules and traditions just so the owners can make money. One game would just be the start and soon the game as you know it has completely gone.

Exactly. The more people become apathetic and say "move on" or worse say the Franchise has worked the more chance there is of it becoming a precedent. It should never be forgotten because it should never happen again. It's still an absolute disgrace and always will be that there's a club in the football league that has been given a league place when everyone else has spent years or decades of hard work to earn it, including the team who's place they stole and who were made to spend eight years (or more) doing it all over again.

It's the same with the 39th game nonsense, I've no idea why some supposed football fans don't seem to care about selling away the games rules and traditions just so the owners can make money. One game would just be the start and soon the game as you know it has completely gone.

Spot on.

The more football becomes like a business, the worse it becomes. Any football fan who views a club's identity through legal documention has got their attitudes bang out of order, imo. 'Spirit' and 'history' may be wishy washy terms to you but they mean a damn site more to football fans than any technical legalities.