Bolton 5 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/11/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

Chelsea pen was a joke and Villa, Blackpool and Bolton with Smith and no Tiote...

It doesn't matter whether they were or weren't, or who was playing. He said we haven't conceded many penalties - I count six as a fair number. :laugh:

Guest firetotheworks

People are pissed off because the same mistakes are being repeated. Daft substitutions at the wrong time and the selection of Alan Smith. I don't care who's injured, he's a f***ing liability.

And if Barton wasn't an idiot against Blackburn Hughton wouldn't have that problem.

So it's Barton's fault that Hughton picks the wrong players in his absence?

It's Barton's fault for putting his manager in a position where he has to pick from a pool of player who are sadly probably not good enough.

What the hell did punching Pedersen achieve other than helping us to drop a few more points in the last few games.

Same with Colo today and his inevitable three match ban.  The players are hardly helping Hughton in this respect.

That's all well and good. But you can't wrap Hughton in cotton wool and claim it isn't his fault simply because his options are limited. He's the f***ing manager, not a poster on here struggling to post a starting Xl in the pre-match thread.

People expect us to lose to superior team, even badly. What people don't expect, is to see the same mistakes to be repeated and points thrown away before the first whistle is blown.

Then why are you wrapping Barton in cotton wool and going straight to Hughton, it's a two way street.

So saying that the selection of Smith falls on Hughton's shoulders is me 'wrapping Barton in cotton wool'?

Daft.

It's an example of it, aye. You've conveniently ignored why Barton isn't playing.

sounds like a nightmare match. trying to remain positive here.....

we normally defend well and we didnt. jose is normally immense and he wasnt. we havnt conceded many penalties lately and we did. we had no tiote, no barton and our central midfield had nolan + smith. factor in our terrible record at the reebok.....of course we lost! it just sounds like one of those days where it all goes wrong. the worry is that we're without coloccini for 3 games, but tbh now theres a reason to play campbell or taylor  :thup: today was a one-off and we can beat chelsea next week. mind you, we really have to win that one.

we have the sort of personalities in our squad that'll react well to this. maybe they needed a wake up call.

Err you sure? :lol:

Aston Villa, Blackpool, Chelsea (cc), Man City and Bolton x2.

fair enough. i dont count the cup though. and man city shouldn't have had that one.

People are pissed off because the same mistakes are being repeated. Daft substitutions at the wrong time and the selection of Alan Smith. I don't care who's injured, he's a f***ing liability.

And if Barton wasn't an idiot against Blackburn Hughton wouldn't have that problem.

It's Barton's fault for putting his manager in a position where he has to pick from a pool of player who are sadly probably not good enough.

What the hell did punching Pedersen achieve other than helping us to drop a few more points in the last few games.

Same with Colo today and his inevitable three match ban.  The players are hardly helping Hughton in this respect.

That's all well and good. But you can't wrap Hughton in cotton wool and claim it isn't his fault simply because his options are limited. He's the f***ing manager, not a poster on here struggling to post a starting Xl in the pre-match thread.

People expect us to lose to superior team, even badly. What people don't expect, is to see the same mistakes to be repeated and points thrown away before the first whistle is blown.

Then why are you wrapping Barton in cotton wool and going straight to Hughton, it's a two way street.

So saying that the selection of Smith falls on Hughton's shoulders is me 'wrapping Barton in cotton wool'?

Daft.

It's an example of it, aye. You've conveniently ignored why Barton isn't playing.

Barton got suspended over a week ago, man. We all know what he did was stupid. You're just bringing him up now in defence of Hughton's ridiculous management.

Guest firetotheworks

Same with Colo today and his inevitable three match ban. The players are hardly helping Hughton in this respect.

Daft.

Barton got suspended over a week ago, man. We all know what he did was stupid. You're just bringing him up now in defence of Hughton's ridiculous management.

I'm not defending Hughton at all, I just think it's interesting that you bring up wrapping up Hughton in cotton wool, and then sidestep Barton's stupidity and lay the entirety of the blame on his doorstep.

It's nobody else's fault but Hughton's that he's picked Alan Smith again. It's as simple as that. There's no excuse for it, whatsoever.

:sadnod:

People are quick to hand out praise to Hughton when things go right, but half of this board go right on the defensive when someone dares to criticise a mistake of his. He has to take the good and the bad.

Guest firetotheworks

It's nobody else's fault but Hughton's that he's picked Alan Smith again. It's as simple as that. There's no excuse for it, whatsoever.

If Barton was injured, on the bench or suspended for anything other than being a pleb, I'd agree. As he was a pleb, I don't and you're wrong. Both are to blame.

This is probably a daft question given everyone's opinion of the game, but did we attempt to play any passing/possession football at any time?

Yes. Except when the ball made its way back to defence, Simpson or Willo duly initiated hoof ball

A far better option than gifting goals by fucking about with it

If Barton was injured, on the bench or suspended for anything other than being a pleb, I'd agree. As he was a pleb, I don't and you're wrong. Both are to blame.

So, my point stands then.

What you're saying, is that if Barton was injured, Hughton would be moreso to blame for picking Smith? Daft.

Guest firetotheworks

What you're saying, is that if Barton was injured, Hughton would be moreso to blame for picking Smith? Daft.

Of course I would. :lol: Does it not compute to you that Smith/Guthrie/whoever else isn't as good as Barton wouldn't be picked if Barton hadn't been stupid and got suspended?

Of course I would. :lol: Does it not compute to you that Smith/Guthrie/whoever else isn't as good as Barton wouldn't be picked if Barton hadn't been stupid and got suspended?

You're arguing that because Hughton shares the blame, his mistake is less pertinent.

There is no excuse for playing Alan Smith. Joey Barton and Tiote being suspended don't justify it.