yes number 2

womblemaster

Ray Wilkins would be great. Very intelligent man, good coach, decent bloke by all accounts. (I knew someone who had some dealings with him when he was at Millwall; he wasn't predisposed to like him, but was impressed by the encounter.) But I doubt he'd want to move to the north-east, he probably needs time to get over being axed so brutally by Chelsea, his salary might be a bit out of our range, and he might have a problem deputizing for someone like Hughton who doesn't have any more managerial experience than he does.

Has he had many coaching positions in the past?

I remember him mainly for his co commentary on Football Italia with Peter Brackley in the good old days on Channel 4 :D

Player-manager at QPR. Managed Fulham when Keegan was director of football.

He's worked as a coach under Vialli at both Chelsea and Watford. Was Dennis Wise's assistant at Millwall and Peter Taylor's assistant with the England U-21s. And then he's been assistant to Scolari, Hiddink and Ancelotti back at Chelsea.

That looks a pretty solid cv.

Ray Wilkins would be great. Very intelligent man, good coach, decent bloke by all accounts. (I knew someone who had some dealings with him when he was at Millwall; he wasn't predisposed to like him, but was impressed by the encounter.) But I doubt he'd want to move to the north-east, he probably needs time to get over being axed so brutally by Chelsea, his salary might be a bit out of our range, and he might have a problem deputizing for someone like Hughton who doesn't have any more managerial experience than he does.

Has he had many coaching positions in the past?

I remember him mainly for his co commentary on Football Italia with Peter Brackley in the good old days on Channel 4 :D

Player-manager at QPR. Managed Fulham when Keegan was director of football.

He's worked as a coach under Vialli at both Chelsea and Watford. Was Dennis Wise's assistant at Millwall and Peter Taylor's assistant with the England U-21s. And then he's been assistant to Scolari, Hiddink and Ancelotti back at Chelsea.

That looks a pretty solid cv.

Someone to step straight in as well when these talks break down in January & they fuck Hughton off.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/26/steven-taylor-newcastle-chelsea

He has sympathy for his old friend Ray Wilkins in the wake of his unceremonious removal as Carlo Ancelotti's assistant. "I've known Ray for a number of years and I was very disappointed to hear that he was leaving Chelsea," Hughton said. "I know him very well. I'm disappointed to see him not there any more."

:shifty:

had a dream last week he quit over this in december, had been hitting the gouda wheel pretty hard before bed though so I hope it's not too ominous

I remember someone describing a dream he had about Michael Owen crediting his manager Alan Shearer for rescuing his career after winning the fucking league, like, with Newcastle, several years ago. So you're probably wrong, too. Don't worry.