NUFC reveal amount paid to agents in past year

Anderson

Those figures are quite high tbh for the low amount we've spent.

free transfers like sol will still have agent fees and contract renewals will also have agent fees

They are still high anycase imo.

:nope:

Don't agents also take a % of the overall wage (in addition to any signing on bonus)? This may have been paid up front in some instances

That is from the player. The club will pay a agent for the deal & will sometimes pay the agent as part of the deal on behalf of the player but the % per week is usually direct form the player.

Yeah, clubs would be stupid and daft to pay agents a % of a players weekly wage.

We do...  :undecided:

Those figures are quite high tbh for the low amount we've spent.

free transfers like sol will still have agent fees and contract renewals will also have agent fees

They are still high anycase imo.

:nope:

Don't agents also take a % of the overall wage (in addition to any signing on bonus)? This may have been paid up front in some instances

That is from the player. The club will pay a agent for the deal & will sometimes pay the agent as part of the deal on behalf of the player but the % per week is usually direct form the player.

Yeah, clubs would be stupid and daft to pay agents a % of a players weekly wage.

We do...  :undecided:

Aye, I thought the agent (acting for the club could be entitled to a % of the wage agreed - as a 'reward' for being such a tough negotiator..! fuck knows how much city are paying their agent for the Yaya Toure deal :lol: )

Guest neesy111

I know for certain that Mino Raiola was getting €1m/year of Zlatan's wages, paid directly by us, and other deals were structured like that. It could be for tax reasons too.

I think Laporta's management of the club would of had something to do with that perhaps, surely Roswell will be stopping such deals?

From the Championship report we paid out £1,073,076 from 1/7/09 to 30/6/10

So at least* £1,344,700 was on:

Jul 2010 James Perch Nottingham Forest £TBC

Jul 2010 Dan Gosling Unattached Free

Jul 2010 Sol Campbell Unattached Free

Aug 2010 Cheik Tiote FC Twente £TBC

Aug 2010 Billy Knott unattached Trial

Aug 2010 Hatem Ben  Arfa Marseille Loan

Aug 2010 Nassim Boukhelifa unattached Trial

Sep 2010 Yven Moyo Sochaux Free

Aug 2010 Fraser Forster Celtic Loan

Aug 2010 Kazenga LuaLua Brighton & Hove Albion Loan

Sep 2010 Ben Tozer Northampton Town Loan

Plus any contract extensions between July and September.

* The Martins, Bassong, Beye & Duff transfers were in the period covered by the Championship report and not the PL one, so that's likely to be a substantial part of the £1,073,076

I know for certain that Mino Raiola was getting €1m/year of Zlatan's wages, paid directly by us, and other deals were structured like that. It could be for tax reasons too.

I think Laporta's management of the club would of had something to do with that perhaps, surely Roswell will be stopping such deals?

:lol:

I need to use this in the Barça forums.

Regarding your point, I think it's more common than you think. Even though Laporta certainly did grow an habit of throwing money at troubles during his last years.