Alexei Eremenko

ross magoo

Talking about Finnish players...the next big thing at the moment seems to be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%ABrparim_Hetemaj

First Finn to score in the Serie A and according to Gazzetta dello Sport only one of four players in Serie A who have got a match rating of at least 6 from the paper in all their games. Key player for Brescia at the moment....

I've watched Brescia once this season and remember the commentator mentioning him as a promising player, but don't particularly remember how well he played. You'll need some youngsters coming through, considering most of your players should probably have retired already.

Since Litmanen's team got relegated, is he going to hang around there? I'm assuming he just plays the odd minutes these days, but I did see he scored a ridiculous overhead kick a few months ago.  :smitten:

Dunno about Litmanen. Dont think he knows either. I wish he'd just quit and go into coaching. He still gets picked for Finland and to be fair he's really good against the likes of San Marino but we need to move on and start blooding the youngsters in or we're gonna have a huuugee gap soon. These qualifiers are over for us anyways so I'd hope we just start planning for the next and get rid of most of the old folks.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I live in Finland atm and I watched all their qualifiers on the telly, he's not bad at all. Surely by far the best of Finland's team, I think he could do well even in EPL, although he's not a cracking player, of course.

No clue of this Hatemaj, though  ???

Dunno about Litmanen. Dont think he knows either. I wish he'd just quit and go into coaching. He still gets picked for Finland and to be fair he's really good against the likes of San Marino but we need to move on and start blooding the youngsters in or we're gonna have a huuugee gap soon. These qualifiers are over for us anyways so I'd hope we just start planning for the next and get rid of most of the old folks.

He tore Wales apart not too long ago, does that mean they fall into the minnow category with San Marino?  :laugh:

As I have no actual interest in the overall success of the Finnish national team, I hope he just keeps playing forever.  :snod:

I live in Finland atm and I watched all their qualifiers on the telly, he's not bad at all. Surely by far the best of Finland's team, I think he could do well even in EPL, although he's not a cracking player, of course.

No clue of this Hatemaj, though  ???

He hasnt been in the national team this year. The decision not to call him up has been widely critisized but now that the national coach Stuart Baxter got sacked Hetemaj is probably going to be in the next squad.

Can I ask what you're doing in Finland mate?

I remember mentioning him shortly after he went to FC Saturn. I was shot down quite quickly, too.

He was alright for Lecce... probably not as good as his brother but is decent in dead ball situations.

Now he's a bit older can't see why we'd sign him unless it was on the cheap.

Alexei is great on his day but great risk. Wouldn't mind on cheap as he's the kinda player that can make goals out of nothing.

Roman is very good and will surely be even better in the future. I believe he's out of Kiev to bigger league in 2 years max.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/A-Eremenko-2.jpg/200px-A-Eremenko-2.jpg

Looks like a foreign Steven Taylor to me.

I thought he looked like the results of an experiment where Steven Taylor and Michael Ballack were fired at each other from either end of the large hadron collider.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Well, there are pretty many italians here (in Helsinki at least), and all of them give the same answer to your question: girls :shifty: .

I am no exception  :lol:

Well, there are pretty many italians here (in Helsinki at least), and all of them give the same answer to your question: girls :shifty: .

I am no exception  :lol:

Wow...that's a stupid reason. IMO they are not that exceptional and I'd swap them with Italians every day ;)

About Eremenko. Would be much better option in Nolan's role as Kev isn't exactly the hard working type of a player either while Alexei jr. has at least twice of the technical ability and creativity compared to Nolan. Also a solution to our lack of free-kick takers! Wouldn't cost much as Metalist is looking to get rid of him

Guest Stephen927

Not quite sure how you can say he would do better than Nolan when you look at what Nolan has done this season alone, and compare it to Eremenko's entire career.