Alan Pardew

JH

I think he was the difference between 1 and 3 points today although you can't fault him for leaving Best and Lovenkrands on for so long when you consider how much they cost us.

So the manager is to blame for the poor finishing of his side, laughable.

Why didn't he buy a striker?

Because he wasn't given any money?

Well he claims it was because he was so impressed with the ones we've got.

Well after weeks of claiming that he was going to "bang on the door of the chairman", he was hardly going to turn around and say "Oh well, I'm a gullible b******. He didn't give me any money which is a shame, because all the strikers we've got are s***"

Well after weeks of telling us Andy Carroll wasn't for sale, he sold him so that's an absolutely ridiculous point.

Mick has made the point for me - why bring in an injured midfielder instead of, for example, Sturridge?

Because the money was probably already earmarked for HBA and I doubt Pardew even had much of a say in it either.

My point is, the blame for me lies squarely at the door of the boardroom. I don't blame Pardew for not signing anyone in the window. Like Hughton before him, he's just making the best of a bad situation.

He's just an irrelevant puppet in this whole charade.

Why bring in Ireland instead of a loan striker?

Especially when it would appear we had to ship out a valuable reserve a striker (albeit a shit one) to get him. Madness.

Macheda, Vela, Sturridge all players in on loan who we could've gone for and would have cost less in wages than the Mentalist.

I think he was the difference between 1 and 3 points today although you can't fault him for leaving Best and Lovenkrands on for so long when you consider how much they cost us.

Well after weeks of claiming that he was going to "bang on the door of the chairman", he was hardly going to turn around and say "Oh well, I'm a gullible b******. He didn't give me any money which is a shame, because all the strikers we've got are s***"

Well after weeks of telling us Andy Carroll wasn't for sale, he sold him so that's an absolutely ridiculous point.

Mick has made the point for me - why bring in an injured midfielder instead of, for example, Sturridge?

Because the money was probably already earmarked for HBA and I doubt Pardew even had much of a say in it either.

My point is, the blame for me lies squarely at the door of the boardroom. I don't blame Pardew for not signing anyone in the window. Like Hughton before him, he's just making the best of a bad situation.

Hughton wasn't a puppet by the end though, that's the difference.

It's perceived as common knowledge that Pardew knew he wasn't going to have much money to spend, as well as the fact he was brought in to toe the company line and not kick up much of a fuss.

Whereas due to Hughton's standing with the fans he didn't have to to the line, which despite it being speculation, is the reason why it cost him his job IMO.

Is this reasoning in a statement somewhere? Because if not I think you shouldn't speculate about it. Ever.

Guest Stephen927

It's the old Keegan tactic of talking up players beyond their ability to get that bit more out of them.

Hughton wasn't a puppet by the end though, that's the difference.

I never said he was.

I think his circumstances are totally different to those of Hughton.

Not in terms of the transfer window. Hughton didn't get much money and most said 'he's just making the best of what little he has'.

Pardew does the same and it's his fault.

Hughton consistently used the limited resources he had to bring in players to improve the squad, both loan and permanent - Simpson, Routledge, Harewood, Williamson, van Aanholt, HBA, Tiote, even Fitz Hall.

Pardew just ran round after players he'd seen on MOTD four years ago.

Saying he couldn't do anything because he didn't have any money is very disrespectful towards what CH did with even less.

Because when we started the Ireland deal, we were desperately short in midfield, Carroll was still a NUFC player and Shola didn't have a fractured jaw.

It's the old Keegan tactic of talking up players beyond their ability to get that bit more out of them.

It could be like that, it could also be that he meant it although I hope that isn't the case.

Not in terms of the transfer window. Hughton didn't get much money and most said 'he's just making the best of what little he has'.

Hughton consistently used the limited resources he had to bring in players to improve the squad, both loan and permanent - Simpson, Routledge, Harewood, Williamson, van Aanholt, HBA, Tiote, even Fitz Hall.

That was across two Summer windows and a January.

I'll judge Pardew when he's had three transfer windows.

It could be like that, it could also be that he meant it although I hope that isn't the case.

It wouldn't surprise me if he meant it. He's certainly got that same disease Joe Kinnear had, when it comes to talking absolute drivel to the media.

It's perceived as common knowledge that Pardew knew he wasn't going to have much money to spend, as well as the fact he was brought in to toe the company line and not kick up much of a fuss.

Whereas due to Hughton's standing with the fans he didn't have to toe the line, which despite it being speculation, is the reason why it cost him his job IMO.

Spot on.

Because when we started the Ireland deal, we were desperately short in midfield, Carroll was still a NUFC player and Shola didn't have a fractured jaw.

Yet most would agree we still needed a striker. Tiote being suspended hardly = being short in numbers in midfield, quality yes, numbers no.

I agree with your other post we need to give AP at least a full summer under his belt before making up our minds.

I'm sure that we'd gotten rid of Routledge and Xisco by then and Ireland came on the same day as Carroll left.

Fucking hell, three transfer windows? :lol:

Is it impossible to improve on Peter Lovenkrands until you've had three goes at it like?

It wouldn't surprise me if he meant it. He's certainly got that same disease Joe Kinnear had, when it comes to talking absolute drivel to the media.

I wouldn't be surprised either mainly because he's arrived from the lower divisions and doesn't have recent Premiership experience.

I think the Pardew criticism in terms of his media handling is over the top. Its beating him for the sake of it really.

Keegan and Bobby used to come out with some cobblers to the press and nobody batted an eyelid, in fact both were liked even more for it.

That's utter drivel. Our first choice midfield four were all available other than one who was suspended and would be back before Ireland was fit, Carroll we knew was injured for weeks or months and Shola is Shola, consistently either injured or shit.

We've been desperate for another striker all season, not to mention the fact that we were actively attempting to sell Carroll.

I think the Pardew criticism in terms of his media handling is over the top. Its beating him for the sake of it really.

Keegan and Bobby used to come out with some cobblers to the press and nobody batted an eyelid, in fact both were liked even more for it.

Both were proven successes though replacing poor managers and improved our club markedly unlke AP although I do agree.

f***ing hell, three transfer windows? :lol:

Is it impossible to improve on Peter Lovenkrands until you've had three goes at it like?

The same Lovenkrands that Hughton did not improve on? or is your hero absolved of the wrongs that you accuse Pardew of?

Both were proven successes though replacing poor managers and improved our club markedly unlke AP although I do agree.

Of course. Because their teams were realtively successful nobody cared about what they really said in the papers. As people dont like Pardew, he gets hammered for what he says when more often than not what he tells the press is perfectly sensible.

Keegan and Bobby had done a lot more than Pardew to gain respect.  Also, remember Keegan getting stick over the sale of Cole and coming out to directly face fans?

f***ing hell, three transfer windows? :lol:

The same Lovenkrands that Hughton did not improve on? or is your hero absolved of the wrongs that you accuse Pardew of?

Hughton signed him as a Championship striker and he did a great job for us. He was never intended to be first choice in the Premier League and Hughton wouldn't have let it get to that point.

Hughton signed him as a Championship striker and he did a great job for us. He was never intended to be first choice in the Premier League and Hughton wouldn't have let it get to that point.

Agreed.