Alan Pardew

JH

FFS! They club tried to bring in many players during the january window.  But unlike before, it was not willing to pay more than what the players were worth. The price of Carroll represents a good example of how idiotic the january window is.  We'll be fine. We have a 2 weeks off and multiple players will be back soon. And we're meeting many of the dumping candidates at home.

Name the players that we were after and how much they were going to cost.

FFS! They club tried to bring in many players during the january window.  But unlike before, it was not willing to pay more than what the players were worth. The price of Carroll represents a good example of how idiotic the january window is.  We'll be fine. We have a 2 weeks off and multiple players will be back soon. And we're meeting many of the dumping candidates at home.

You're hilariously gullible.

How can you be so sure that Ashley didn't tell Pardew to go f*** himself when he asked for money in January?

Do you know that he did?

No, but based on previous examples of his ownership I wouldn't be surprised - I thought that's how judging Ashley worked on here?

There's plenty sticks to beat Pardew with but I feel that blaming him for selling Carroll is daft.

It was a decision made a million miles above his head.

He played a part in the decision and he personally told us that Carroll wasn't leaving.

There's plenty sticks to beat Pardew with but I feel that blaming him for selling Carroll is daft.

As Wullie says though he could of at least strengthened the squad with loans or whatever he could to compensate and also letting Routledge go has proved to be an extremely stupid decision.

No, but based on previous examples of his ownership I wouldn't be surprised - I thought that's how judging Ashley worked on here?

He allowed something like £5 million to be spent on Ben Arfa who was here until the end of the season anyway.  Why do that if we were struggling to raise cash for players?  Why allow players to go out on loan if we were in that situation?

Guest BooBoo

As Wullie says though he could of at least strengthened the squad with loans or whatever he could to compensate and also letting Routledge go has proved to be an extremely stupid decision.

Routledge contributed less than Lovenkrands this year. I wouldnt have loaned him out as our squads too small but people seem to forget his piss poor performances in the first half of the season.

He allowed something like £5 million to be spent on Ben Arfa who was here until the end of the season anyway.  Why do that if we were struggling to raise cash for players?  Why allow players to go out on loan if we were in that situation?

I never said we were struggling to raise cash, I said Ashley wasn't parting with it. There's a difference. And I reckon that Ben Arfa money has come from this Summer window fund anyway.

The Routledge one, I don't know. I also think it was a ridiculous decision.

Guest BooBoo

He played a part in the decision and he personally told us that Carroll wasn't leaving.

I'm not convinced about that tbh. The KK court tribunal showed us that when it comes to transfers under Ashley, the manager is seemingly only minimally involved.

You're hilariously gullible.

And you're hilariously idiotic. The fact that Pards wasn't able to bring in players, does not mean he didn't try. But I'm glad they were not keen to be held ransom for some stupid wage demands for a mediocre player like Larsson. But I'm willing to question why they loaned out Routledge and Xisco. They're needed now. I guess they took a gamble. It might pay off if because it enables the club to save even more money which can be plowed into new players next season. If we go down on the other hand, those loans will be seen as pretty stupid.  But I'm fairly certain we'll cope.

I never said we were struggling to raise cash, I said Ashley wasn't parting with it. There's a difference. And I reckon that Ben Arfa money has come from this Summer window fund anyway.

I got slagged to fuck on here for suggesting that at the time.

Routledge contributed less than Lovenkrands this year. I wouldnt have loaned him out as our squads too small but people seem to forget his piss poor performances in the first half of the season.

He was shite yeah but Pardew should of replaced him with better. Ireland doesn't count because he's knackered.

I'm not convinced about that tbh. The KK court tribunal showed us that when it comes to transfers under Ashley, the manager is seemingly only minimally involved.

This is my biggest issue with the whole Ashley saga.

- Managers like Keegan don't have the final say on transfers, but Hughton signed Tiote and Ben Arfa.

- The owner intentionally misleads and lies to his staff and the public, yet Pardew holds some blame for the Carroll sale.

- The owner is a tight get who is wanting the club to break even and not part with any cash, but Pardew should have strengthened in the January window.

The man is either a lier and a cheat or he isn't. He can't be both.

Whatever you said is irrelevant really, we did spend money when we didn't have to, we parted with something in the region of £5 million that could have been put to better use for the present.  It's like me spending on next week’s tea while I have nothing for today’s dinner.

I posted direct quotes from Pardew earlier in the thread, he could have been talking crap, I have no idea if he was or not.  If he was then it's his own fault that it's held against him, not mine.

How can you be so sure that Ashley didn't tell Pardew to go f*** himself when he asked for money in January?

Why didn't he get a loan striker in instead of Ireland? Sturridge or Vela perhaps?

Tbf to Pards, the current injury situation is horrific and puts serious limits on his tactics.  We are down to our bones, and when so many key players are missing, it's obvious that the results will suffer.  I think Chris would not have done any better under similar circumstances. It's in the dying stages of the season, like we're now, that the match program is taking its toll. As the season progresses, so do the amount of injuries and suspensions. Pardew has been without Barton for a total 6  matches due to injury,  and Tiote has already been out for three, and is will now be out for two more. They're  our most important players without a doubt. Them out= many points lost. CH on the other hand benefited  from Carroll and almost an  injury free squad. In other words it's hard to compare CH with Pardew. Also, most managers would have struggled under a similar injury situation.

Pardew had the transfer window to bring players in to cope with injuries, get your head out of the sand.

Was he allowed to?

Why didn't he get a loan striker in instead of Ireland? Sturridge or Vela perhaps?

Because Ireland is costing him fuck all.

We spent money, that isn't an issue, how it was used is.

Alright then. We bring in Sturridge on loan til the end of the season and someone like Larsson, how would you react when we don't buy Ben Arfa in the summer?

Whatever you said is irrelevant really, we did spend money when we didn't have to, we parted with something in the region of £5 million that could have been put to better use for the present.  It's like me spending on next week’s tea while I have nothing for today’s dinner.

I agree with this point,unless we'd had word other clubs were going to hijack the transfer in the summer. :dontknow:

Because Ireland is costing him fuck all.

So you agree with me that Ireland was brought in because he's injured and not despite the injury? And you support a manager who is complicit in this? ???

Alright then. We bring in Sturridge on loan til the end of the season and someone like Larsson, how would you react when we don't buy Ben Arfa in the summer?

Why wouldn't we have signed Ben Arfa in the summer?