How Bad is Ramage!!!!

buzza

He is a much better player that what he can show being stuck at LB, can't belive the shit the lad gets for playing out of position and taking it for the team.

He does'nt hide always looks to get stuck in even though he finds it hard to play there.

:thup:

Yea he is getting alot of shit, TBH if anyone is to blame then it should be Roeder. Everyone on here knows Babs aint good enough yet all he got in the transfer market was Bernard on a freebie. Few times he has played in his proper position (CB) he has been decent.

He is better at CB, but that doesn't mean he's good enough.

He is a much better player that what he can show being stuck at LB, can't belive the shit the lad gets for playing out of position and taking it for the team.

He does'nt hide always looks to get stuck in even though he finds it hard to play there.

Yea he is getting alot of shit, TBH if anyone is to blame then it should be Roeder. Everyone on here knows Babs aint good enough yet all he got in the transfer market was Bernard on a freebie. Few times he has played in his proper position (CB) he has been decent.

That is a fair comment. And I wasn't saying he was good enough. All I was saying is that he hasn't been in the first team picture for long, and many players can be late developers. Sometimes it only takes a click in the mind to turn someone from an average/mediocre player to a solid decent one. I believe (or hope) this will be the case with Ramage.

Now if we're talking top 4 or 5...yeah that he's not at the moment. But it's still no reason in my opinion to lay into the lad at every opportunity like some people do.

That is a fair comment. And I wasn't saying he was good enough. All I was saying is that he hasn't been in the first team picture for long, and many players can be late developers. Sometimes it only takes a click in the mind to turn someone from an average/mediocre player to a solid decent one. I believe (or hope) this will be the case with Ramage.

Now if we're talking top 4 or 5...yeah that he's not at the moment. But it's still no reason in my opinion to lay into the lad at every opportunity like some people do.

That's a fair comment too. But he's a liability at LB, imo.

wrong position! my arsse!

He is the worst football player I have seen at Nufc for a long time. His footballing skills are non existant and his defending skills are mediocre.

Roll on january and bridge!

fact 1 . carr is far worse than ramage .i should know been watching the toon for 35 years.

fact 2. bridge has just signed a new 4 year deal at chelski.

fact 3.when he has played centre half he imho excellent for a YOUNG kid.

all about opinions really isnt it. imho

haven't really read the thread, so i'm just gonna chime in with this: whenever ramage has played CB, he's been more than capable. left full back is a very different position, and being right footed only makes it harder.

He is the worst football player I have seen at Nufc for a long time. His footballing skills are non existant and his defending skills are mediocre.

fact 1 . carr is far worse than ramage .i should know been watching the toon for 35 years.

so, first things first, carr and ramage have been playing for the toon for 35 years have they? or you mean because you've watched nufc for 35 years you can judge the abilities of 2 players better than others?

if that's your point then surely you will have noticed that roughly 20 of those years you've been watching the toon aren't relevant as the role of the full backs throughout the game has changed in the last 10, pretty much since cafu/carlos/maldini/sammer/lizarazu and other full backs of their generation and skill started to be as useful in attacks as they were at defence.

also, why state it as a "fact" if you're going to say it's an opinion, as in "fact 3" above?

so, first things first, carr and ramage have been playing for the toon for 35 years have they? or you mean because you've watched nufc for 35 years you can judge the abilities of 2 players better than others?

if that's your point then surely you will have noticed that roughly 20 of those years you've been watching the toon aren't relevant as the role of the full backs throughout the game has changed in the last 10, pretty much since cafu/carlos/maldini/sammer/lizarazu and other full backs of their generation and skill started to be as useful in attacks as they were at defence.

also, why state it as a "fact" if you're going to say it's an opinion, as in "fact 3" above?

been watching the toon for 35 years and IMHO carr is the worst full back we have had.so that those 20 years are relevent in terms of worst players at the toon.

so that is why i mentioned 35 years,and as it is all about opinions on hear ,and what on earth have the roles of fullbacks got to do with my and others opinions on how we rate toon players over the years .

Like many people has said he's not FULL BACK! He's a 6ft centre half who has played well in his natural postion when i have seen him play. A centre half wins headers and goes in for tackles differently than a full back. Full backs have people running at them and dribbling more than a centre half. Try keeping your balance against a smaller opponent who has a lower centre of gravity when they are twisting or turning. Also try playing in a role when most of your passing/crossing is with your weaker foot (I know most footballers should be able to do this but don't just blame Ramage for it when most of the other players in EPL can't do it either). People rate Carragher, JT and co, you put them as a full back and they would be terrible too (Carragher has player full back and was pretty woeful for 'pool).

you are very wrong there, not sure why you've said it even! Maybe to try and prove a point or summet, but you picked the wrong player to use. Carragher was a very good full back for Liverpool, being as he played there for about 4 seasons for a reason!  Up until 2 seasons ago, I thought of him as a full back, and especially a good left back, although he could play at right back as well.  He just wasn't that attack minded, but then he defended first and formost, which is what defenders shoulb be doing.

been watching the toon for 35 years and IMHO carr is the worst full back we have had.so that those 20 years are relevent in terms of worst players at the toon.

so that is why i mentioned 35 years,and as it is all about opinions on hear ,and what on earth have the roles of fullbacks got to do with my and others opinions on how we rate toon players over the years .

it doesnt, i would agree with you. but you used it in the context of comparing carr and ramage. read your first fact, it says "carr is better than ramage, i should know i've been watching toon for 35 years". now, i know ramage isn't a full back, but i'm assuming you're comparing them both in the full back role. thus flows the relevance of my statement.