Newcastle United 3 - 1 Liverpool - 11/12/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

Did anyone see that interview with Joey Barton and Nolan?

Barton was asked how impressed he was with Pardew and his answer was "its only been two days.."

Then he got asked "well, a win in his first game" and his answer was "it was more of us this group of lads than him really"

Gareth Southgate went mental on the analysis :lol:

tbf, he didn't say "than him really".

Inarguable, surely? Unless Pardew's some sort of fucking football Einstein. If so he's been keeping that fucking quiet.

Barton was asked how impressed he was with Pardew and his answer was "its only been two days.."

Then he got asked "well, a win in his first game" and his answer was "it was more of us this group of lads than him really"

Inarguable, surely? Unless Pardew's some sort of f***ing football Einstein. If so he's been keeping that f***ing quiet.

I'm just saying, he was making it a positive about the players rather than a negative about Pardew.

Inarguable, surely? Unless Pardew's some sort of f***ing football Einstein. If so he's been keeping that f***ing quiet.

I'm just saying, he was making it a positive about the players rather than a negative about Pardew.

Aye, replied to wrong post. :thup:

Excellent response from the players, really good performance against the worst Liverpool side since the early 90's, arguably longer.

Love how there were only two scousers on the pitch and both scored for us.

Excellent response from the players, really good performance against the worst Liverpool side since the early 90's, arguably longer.

Love how there were only two scousers on the pitch and both scored for us.

That team is pish. Lucas, man?! Shocking stuff.

Guest guinness_fiend

Sorry another question, what were Joey's hand gestures to Torres?

It looked as if Barton was informing Torres that, as a flamboyant young Spaniard, he is welcome to gargle Barton's baby batter.

Sorry another question, what were Joey's hand gestures to Torres?

It looked as if Barton was informing Torres that, as a flamboyant young Spaniard, he is welcome to gargle Barton's baby batter.

:lol:

Canny bit of bother underneath the Leazes End after the game, fight kicked off between a Mag and a dipper, before you knew it dozens were piling in, ended up with police horses charging both sets of fans to keep them apart.

well that was unexpected because i was sure with everything going on this was the game where liverpool solved their away form torres slaughtered us and we went into a death cycle to inevitable relegation but this group of lads continues to surprise us, how much can be put down to pardew is debatable at best, bringing on ranger was enforced but as jonny hall stated it could have been mcloven who would not have made a blind bit of difference and ranger changed the game.

Whether or not hes really the long term answer remains to be seen but pardew could not have had a better start.

oh and to anyone there top marks to the fans inside, perfect atmosphere, hate the owner and back the players  :thup:

Guest MrSundlofer

Some things:

Fantastic win today. The players did it for themselves, the fans and Chris Hughton. Mike Ashley looked like a wimp in the stands. I didn't noticed Pardew so much, and he didn't celebrated the goals with so much passion?

Krul did well. He maybe lack some communication. Somethings he needs to improve.

Simpson was solid. Didn't attack at all today. Stayed back at all times. I have seen he is often under pressure then he has the ball. No time to think or to advance with the ball forward.

Taylor was our best defender today. He didn't do that much, but just like Simpson he was solid. Still only our 3rd choice at central back behind Coloccini and Williamson.

Campbell mixed good things with awful things. At his age and with his experience I expect more stability. Our worst player on the pitch today.

José Enrique didn't have his best game today, but I don't think he was bad. Actually he was solid and pushed forward and played two-on-two with Jonás.

Barton was a joy to much. Very creative and some good long range passes. I'm glad he scored. He deserved it.

Tioté was as usual - good and covered space in midfield. I think he means so much for us and he's been very good in his first half of the season.

Nolan was back as captain and scored as he always do. He didn't looked like usual. Probably still a bit chocked Hughton is gone. He had a quiet game.

Jonás didn't delivered any end product to our strikers today, but I still think he is important to the team. He works very well with José Enrique on the left flank and can both hold onto the ball and run with the ball long upfield.

Ameobi run an awful lot in the first half and fought to get the ball back (because he had an embarrassing first touch today as usual sadly). Well, he worked very hard today and that he should have praise for.

Carroll was unbeatable. I'm glad for him he's playing the the number 9 shirt. A great strike to make 3-1.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

oh and to anyone there top marks to the fans inside, perfect atmosphere, hate the owner and back the players  :thup:

Hate to say it, but it was probably the 2nd best atmosphere so far this season after the Scum game.

Guest SuperShola!

Very fun night in Level 7 like. Loved it. It was all great apart from getting pelted in the arm with 50p at Half-Time. Who would have thought Scousers had money to waste?

Hate to say it, but it was probably the 2nd best atmosphere so far this season after the Scum game.

Aye, great atmosphere today, big :thup: to those who supported their team and left the protesting for outside the 90mins.

Canny bit of bother underneath the Leazes End after the game, fight kicked off between a Mag and a dipper, before you knew it dozens were piling in, ended up with police horses charging both sets of fans to keep them apart.

Bloody thieves, probably saw a 20p on the floor.

Krul 6 - Couldn't of done much about the goal, alright overall.

Simpson 6 - Got forward alright but he was suspect at the back at times.

Taylor 6 - Alright.

Campbell 4 - Too slow, too sloppy, not good enough.

Enrique 6 - Did alright defensively, sloppy going forward.

Barton 8 - Man of the match for me, worked hard and looked a constant threat, deserved a goal.

Nolan 7 - Looked better with him in the side today, put in a good shift and gave us the early advantage.

Tiote 7 - More of the same, shame Campbell got him booked.

Jonas 4 - Sloppy, didn't really look arsed.

Carroll 8 - The lad's a monster in the air, great finish for the third.

Shola 3 - A true return to form in recent weeks, he offered absolutely nothing.

Ranger 8 - Not his greatest fan but he changed the game today, never let the back four rest.

Pardew 8 - Picked the best possible line up, changed the game with the Ranger substitution well played. Still a t*** though.

Couldn't disagree with any of that

Some things:

Fantastic win today. The players did it for themselves, the fans and Chris Hughton. Mike Ashley looked like a wimp in the stands. I didn't noticed Pardew so much, and he didn't celebrated the goals with so much passion?

Krul did well. He maybe lack some communication. Somethings he needs to improve.

Simpson was solid. Didn't attack at all today. Stayed back at all times. I have seen he is often under pressure then he has the ball. No time to think or to advance with the ball forward.

Taylor was our best defender today. He didn't do that much, but just like Simpson he was solid. Still only our 3rd choice at central back behind Coloccini and Williamson.

Campbell mixed good things with awful things. At his age and with his experience I expect more stability. Our worst player on the pitch today.

José Enrique didn't have his best game today, but I don't think he was bad. Actually he was solid and pushed forward and played two-on-two with Jonás.

Barton was a joy to much. Very creative and some good long range passes. I'm glad he scored. He deserved it.

Tioté was as usual - good and covered space in midfield. I think he means so much for us and he's been very good in his first half of the season.

Nolan was back as captain and scored as he always do. He didn't looked like usual. Probably still a bit chocked Hughton is gone. He had a quiet game.

Jonás didn't delivered any end product to our strikers today, but I still think he is important to the team. He works very well with José Enrique on the left flank and can both hold onto the ball and run with the ball long upfield.

Ameobi run an awful lot in the first half and fought to get the ball back (because he had an embarrassing first touch today as usual sadly). Well, he worked very hard today and that he should have praise for.

Carroll was unbeatable. I'm glad for him he's playing the the number 9 shirt. A great strike to make 3-1.

Good post :thup: