Asian Cup 2011

oldtype

Nagatomo was awesome.  He is the player of the match for me.  Nakashima also made a couple of great saves. :clap:

Nagatomo was class in the World Cup.

He's been impressive in Serie A this season for Cesena. Very good fullback, one of Japan's best players.

Aye so I've read. Be interesting to see if one of the big boys takes a punt on him in the summer. Probably be relatively cheap and he is still farily young.

(Waits for oldtype to turn up claiming the goalscorer is Korean)

It's a moment of great historical significance for the Zainichi (ethnic Koreans in Japan), to have one of their own not only called up to the Japanese national team but actually scoring the winning goal for them at the Asian Cup. I hope this somehow becomes a catalyst for more equitable treatment and social acceptance for them.

I don't particularly hate him for being a Judas-cunt blood traitor either (:lol:) since he tried on several occasions to get into our national setup and failed before getting called up for Japan despite being a third-generation Korean and never having lived here.

Nagatomo was awesome.  He is the player of the match for me.  Nakashima also made a couple of great saves. :clap:

Nagatomo was class in the World Cup.

He's been impressive in Serie A this season for Cesena. Very good fullback, one of Japan's best players.

Aye so I've read. Be interesting to see if one of the big boys takes a punt on him in the summer. Probably be relatively cheap and he is still farily young.

Been watching Nagatomo for ages, very impressive player with a ridiculous work rate.

Watching him man-mark Jisung Park last year was probably the most manic, hyperactive football I've ever seen.