Out the Door

Guest BooBoo

Guest BooBoo

Whilst it's always easy to start pointing the finger after a bad result, it's clear that some of our squad are either past it, or simply not up to scratch. I think we'll be okay this year but while it's cliche, second season syndrome can kick in and to avoid slipping back next year, I would ideally be looking to upgrade a few of our players. Who would you look to move out the door? Ideally I'd move on:

Harper, Perch, Williamson, Sol, Routledge, Guthrie, Smith, Lovenkrands, Xisco and Ranger.

I'm not convinced any of them are really capable of playing at this level at this stage in their careers.

Guest Chubby Jason

Williamson? I'd like to see us ditch Routlege and Jonas and bring in two new wingers that can actually deliver a decent cross, it would be pretty handy considering we probably the best header of the ball in the league.

Guest VegasToon

Agree with all bar Williamson and Ranger.

Williamson despite tonight is a steady defender who is able backup on low wages. Ranger should go out, but only on loan.

This.

Agree with all bar Williamson and Ranger.

Williamson despite tonight is a steady defender who is able backup on low wages. Ranger should go out, but only on loan.

:thup:

Would also only let the rest go if replacements were lined up. We're already short on the ground, they're not up to scratch but contrary to popular belief it is better than having noone.

I'd keep Williamson and Ranger of the ones in that list, Willamson is good enough as central defensive cover and on low wages. Ranger shouldn't be near the first team and should be out on loan but it is too early to bin him.

Don't think I'd get rid of Harper yet actually and he will probably retire in a few years anyway but at this stage he is by some distance a better option than Krul or Forster.

Guest BooBoo

I think Williamson is weak as piss when confronted with anything physical. It might be a bit harsh to include him on my list but in an ideal world I'd be looking for a stronger centre half.

As for Ranger I just think he's a poor finisher and a moron to boot. Loan him out and see what he's got, but I'm not convinced he'll amount to anything special.

Guest palnese

Krul/Forster

New          New        Colo        Jose

New    Barton      Tiote        Ben Arfa

Carroll          New.     

In an ideal world.

I think Williamson is weak as piss when confronted with anything physical. It might be a but harsh to include him on my lust but in an ideal world I'd be looking for a stronger centre half.

As for Ranger I just think he's a poor finisher and a moron to boot. Loan him out and see what he's got, but I'm not convinced he'll amount to anything special.

not his greatest fan but he's worth a year or two yet.

New CB to partner Colo, new CM to partner Tiote and new striker to partner Carroll, with one or two youngsters/backups and I'd be reasonably pleased.

Bringing in new players to show them the door seems a bit strange.

Krul/Forster

Carroll          New.     

In an ideal world.

If Simpson would stop his Andy O'Brien style backing off then he doesn't need replacing imo

New CB to partner Colo, new CM to partner Tiote and new striker to partner Carroll, with one or two youngsters/backups and I'd be reasonably pleased.

?

Krul/Forster

Carroll          New.     

In an ideal world.

If Simpson would stop his Andy O'Brien style backing off then he doesn't need replacing imo

it's pretty hard not to back off when someone is running at you , you have to get a bit pace going backwards to try and guide them somewhere or to give yourself a chance of getting alongside. he's not helped by getting very little support when the opposition get deep.

Krul/Forster

Carroll          New.     

In an ideal world.

it's pretty hard not to back off when someone is running at you , you have to get a bit pace going backwards to try and guide them somewhere or to give yourself a chance of getting alongside. he's not helped by getting very little support when the opposition get deep.

Aye but there comes a point where you have to stand your ground and make a tackle, Simpson would back off into the net

?

Read OP and title.

Krul/Forster

Carroll          New.     

In an ideal world.

Aye but there comes a point where you have to stand your ground and make a tackle, Simpson would back off into the net

he normally backs off to an acute angle....it's what he should do, tries to push them outside. little option when left on his own and a winger running at him.

Krul/Forster

Carroll          New.     

In an ideal world.

he normally backs off to an acute angle....it's what he should do, tries to push them outside. little option when left on his own and a winger running at him.

Pretty sure he did it today and ended up in our box. Not the way forward.

Don't get me wrong like, I really like Simpson as a player, just not this bit of his game atm

?

Read OP and title.

:lol:

harper, campbell, perch, smith, guthrie, best, xisco, lovenkrands

....but we'd have to bring in a fair few to replace them, so its tricky. not a great fan of routledge either, but we can't just get rid of them all at once. jonas is the only 'saleable' asset i'd be ok with selling.

Guest MrSundlofer

For next season:

Harper - Played here all his life. We should keep him. Experienced. He knows the club.

Perch - I think it's right to say he's not good enough for the Premier League (not even as a backup). Sell.

Campbell - His best days are past him. Very poor on the ball. I wouldn't mind him as a coach at the club.

Williamson - Keep! No question about it.

Guthrie - Started well and Keegan described him as the "next Rob Lee". Has been poor. I'm unsure. Maybe keep as a backup.

Routledge - He can offer something else. He can run with ball, run past players but are very inconsistent. He should stay as a backup.

Lovenkrands - His contract ends 06.2012 and I wouldn't mind having him here until that date. Also a backup.

Xisco -I am waiting for him to get his chance to prove himself. But he ain't. He's leaving in the summer.

Ranger - One for the future. Stays.