MLS

Kaizero

I'm having difficulty signing in to MLS fantasy. Anyone else have trouble?

Worked fine for me. What trouble are you having?

It won't let me click on "Login/Sign-up" or "Start playing." Nothing happens.

Weird. No, worked fine for me. Maybe you have something disabled that it needs.

Yeah I tried disabling my adblockers and such, nothing yet. I've always had difficulty with their site. I'll keep tinkering with it.

Rumours are that Drogba is on his way to Seattle when his contract in Turkey is up.

Not sure how I feel about that. Generally I don't like MLS signing players near the end of their careers but Drogba is still doing the business.

It's going to open up a more interested league to be honest.

Now that Galaxy aren't the only ones getting the players it should be more of a fair game.

I think I may start watching it again this season, does anyone over here have the rights?

Rumours are that Drogba is on his way to Seattle when his contract in Turkey is up.

Not sure how I feel about that. Generally I don't like MLS signing players near the end of their careers but Drogba is still doing the business.

Now that Galaxy aren't the only ones getting the players it should be more of a fair game.

I think I may start watching it again this season, does anyone over here have the rights?

Not as far as I can tell:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer_on_television

Catch that Best Soccer Show episode where they talk about Rio possibly coming over? I think Drogba can still be a influential player at his age, but like they said, Rio coming over would be MLS 1.0 all over again. Totally negative step, overpaying for an oft-injured, over-the-hill player who really wouldn't add much to the league.

Not as far as I can tell:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer_on_television

That list seems bad regarding international deals though. We get MLS live on TV over here and aren't listed.

Catch that Best Soccer Show episode where they talk about Rio possibly coming over? I think Drogba can still be a influential player at his age, but like they said, Rio coming over would be MLS 1.0 all over again. Totally negative step, overpaying for an oft-injured, over-the-hill player who really wouldn't add much to the league.

Went back a listened to it. Pretty sound football-wise. Can't really argue with anything they said. Not too sure about the added character assassination.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2014/news/article/2014/02/11/world-cup-brazil-manager-luiz-felipe-scolari-says-goalkeeper-julio-cesar-wil?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

World Cup: Brazil manager Luiz Felipe Scolari says goalkeeper Julio Cesar will join Toronto FC

Brazilian national team head coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that veteran goalkeeper Júlio César will be joining Toronto FC, and that he will join the Seleção for the team’s international friendly against South Africa next month as the team’s incumbent starter for the World Cup.

Scolari and Brazilian national team technical director Carlos Albert Parreria held a press conference on Tuesday in Rio de Janeiro to discuss the March 5 match in Johannesburg and were asked about the future of the 34-year-old Júlio César, who is expected to join TFC on loan before he starts in his second consecutive World Cup for Brazil.

"Júlio has been called up, and he must report to his new club, Toronto,” Scolari said. “He must finalize all the legal documentation and will be in excellent condition. He does not have any [health] problems.”

Júlio César was first linked to Toronto FC last week and his advisors confirmed the move on Sunday, but there has been no official comment from Toronto FC. The club did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Tuesday.

Júlio César has been with English side Queens Park Rangers since August 2012, but has recently fallen out of favor with the club and has not appeared for the team since a 4-0 loss to Everton on Jan. 4.

Júlio César spent eight years with and appeared in more than 300 matches across all competitions for storied Serie A side Inter Milan, where he won the 2009-10 UEFA Champions League and was named the federation’s best goalkeeper.

Júlio César becomes the third player acquired this offseason by Toronto who is expected to feature in the World Cup, joining English international Jermain Defoe and US national team midfielder Michael Bradley.

"[MLS] is not one of the best in the world technically, but without a doubt it has improved a lot with the arriving of big stars arriving and something very important, it is highly competitive,” Pareirra said. “It was very important for us that Júlio César moved to a very competitive league.”

Joe Bendik, who started 33 matches in goal for Toronto FC last season and was the incumbent starter before the Júlio César rumors began, sent out a revealing tweet on his personal Twitter account last week that indicated he could be in for a change in 2014.

“A hit to my pride today but luckily I've got [expletive] tons of it!” Bendik tweeted. “Going to take in everything I can from a top shelf gk to better my abilities.”

Júlio César has earned 77 caps for the Brazilian national since 2003 and was the starter in net for the team’s run to the Confederations Cup title last summer, posting a tournament-best three shutouts. He was also the starter during the 2010 World Cup, when Brazil reached the quarterfinals.

“If he plays 10 or 15 games before the World Cup, that's good for us,” Scolari said. “He has this quality of having great reflexes, even if he's not been playing for a while.”

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Weird  that Brazil's number one keeper was rotting on QPR's bench and couldn't find a European team to play at just for a couple of months.

I'm guessing it's to do with agility. It doesn't seem to matter that much in MLS.

Jimmy Nielsen just led his team to an MLS Cup win while unable to jump or raise his arms above his head. I think he might be the basis for the sequel to Weekend at Bernie's.

They're going to have to trade Laba or sign him to a non-DP contract before teams are finalized in March. Last I heard they were hoping to keep him.

He's a very good young player imo, could learn a lot playing with Bradley. They should really find a way to hold on to him.

They're going to have to trade Laba or sign him to a non-DP contract before teams are finalized in March. Last I heard they were hoping to keep him.

He's a very good young player imo, could learn a lot playing with Bradley. They should really find a way to hold on to him.

The chance to play with players of that standard means they should have a decent chance of holding on to him.

The chance to play with players of that standard means they should have a decent chance of holding on to him.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19f9rj8eksj7xgif/ku-medium.gif

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19f9rj8eksj7xgif/ku-medium.gif

That gif :lol:

You reckon a bet on Toronto to win the MLS is worth a few spare pennies?

No.

It's equivalent to Hull signing Defoe, Gilberto, and Bradley then expecting them to get a solid top half finish and win a cup where they're guaranteed to play two of the top 4 teams, each fielding strong teams.

It could happen, but no one is expecting it to.