MLS

Kaizero

:lol: Lit up the T&T league.

Two from Detroit taken, so that's cool

Not just the T&T league, but the MLS combine too. Take a look at his highlight reel:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014/01/15/mls-superdraft-stefano-rjissel-forward-suriname#ooid=hkZHMwazos-Eol4W5Kh8OK5Gp_tDvqGy

I'd sign him on that basis.

They cut him from the squad two weeks into pre-season, by the way.

:lol:

They're going to have to trade Laba or sign him to a non-DP contract before teams are finalized in March. Last I heard they were hoping to keep him.

He's a very good young player imo, could learn a lot playing with Bradley. They should really find a way to hold on to him.

Laba loaned to Vancouver.

Really good move, especially for the league.

I see David Texiera has joined FC Dallas. That's a very shrewd recruitment from Oscar Pareja. I think they know their place and that acquiring talent over status wins out for those kind of clubs.

It's good to see the league dipping into the South American market and competing with Europe for talented young players. We're obviously not going to be in for the Neymars of the world, but there's a lot of talent to be had there. MLS can offer opportunities that South American leagues can't.

Guest Nixon

I take it costs just shy of $100 too? The pricing is the one thing I've never understood in relation to MLS merchandise. $25 they wanted for a DC United scarf. Now I'm a sucker for memorabilia, but, when I did the conversions that's almost double what we pay at home for a scarf.

I see elsewhere the Red Bulls have confirmed their desire to put out a USL Pro side in the same LA Galaxy have. Could be a good way for MLS to develop some young talent.

Toronto kick off next week and it's on BT. I think I'll record it and start watching it when I get in. I fancy a little bet on Defoe to score, he's scored in every debut he's had.

Isn't he doubtful for the game? I heard he took a knock about a week ago?

Toronto kick off next week and it's on BT. I think I'll record it and start watching it when I get in. I fancy a little bet on Defoe to score, he's scored in every debut he's had.

Isn't he doubtful for the game? I heard he took a knock about a week ago?

Nah, was on the bench in midweek for England.

Probably worth a punt, then. This time last year Rob Earnshaw came storming out of the gates for Toronto looking like a world beater. I'm sure Defoe will kill it too.

Defoe is coup I reckon, they have strengthened well in my opinion. A good outside chance for winning the MLS, will get into the play offs I think.

Probably play-offs bound but I don't think they'll win it. The Eastern conference is piss poor & I  think there are 3 or 4 better teams in the west.

I did say outside chance, once you get into the play off's it's effectively a mini cup.

LA Galaxy will probably do it again.