MLS

Kaizero

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

That's crazy. I paid like $50 for America vs Argentina in 2011 Redbull Stadium. 

Wanted to see Man U Arsenal at the Metlife last week but tickets ranged from $180 onwards. Strange times. 

I saw him play for Argentina v Panama in Chicago in 2016 and there was certainly a buzz about him but tickets were standard price. Don't really get why it would be so silly now?

(He scored a hat-trick off the bench btw).

56 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

I saw him play for Argentina v Panama in Chicago in 2016 and there was certainly a buzz about him but tickets were standard price. Don't really get why it would be so silly now?

(He scored a hat-trick off the bench btw).

Solider Field? May be simply a supply demand kind of thing.

Also Americans love the buzz man. Be there and be seen etc etc. 

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Solider Field? May be simply a supply demand kind of thing.

Also Americans love the buzz man. Be there and be seen etc etc. 

Aye it was. Maybe partly that, though I don't think only that - maybe his famous has grown in US because of the WC win and the buzz around his move here?

I found it a bit annoying and almost disrespectful to the rest of the team how Messi-focused people in the ground were though when he was on the bench, you still had these class players like Aguero playing. But then he came on a scored a hat trick in 20mins so fair enough...

Probably now I would pay a fair bit to see him thinking about how I'd love to the opportunity to see Maradona now.

edit:

Have to stop saying 'here' when I'm in Canada now. Pretty sure the Canadians are getting tired of me acting like I've moved to another state of the US.

Edited by Superior Acuña