Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Sturridge for £10-12m is the type of signing I could easily see Ashley allowing. Young, English, re-sale potential.

Chelsea wont be selling with  Drog & Anelka both in there 30s & Kalou not a trusted starter in a striking position. Sturridge also ticks a box a home grown player

I can see them spunking another hefty sum on a striker though. Also I doubt Anelka or Drogba will be retiring at the end of the season so Sturridge will probably find himself 4th/5th choice next season.

Both Anelka and Drogba have been fairly heavily linked to moves away though (America and Turkey/France respectively). If Chelsea don't bin them in the summer chances are they'll not get a fee for them later on.

NEW

NEW     HBA      Barton

Tiote Nolan

if that's going to be our new front six then it's clear to me that the striker has to have a physical presence - sturridge doesnt look anything like a lone striker just yet.

as for the left-winger, i'd want someone who can cut inside and contribute around the box, and leave Enrique for hugging the touchline. if jonas was just that bit better he'd be ideal. oh well.

on the right i'd want the same - barton can cut inside, or deliver early crosses from the flanks, but since he's not particularly great bringing the ball forward himself i think i'd look for a simpson upgrade to do that, even though simpson's done quite well this season. that Barton-Colo interaction we saw should happen every game, but simpson's too tentative in everything he does to be a consistent attacking force.

Why would Chelsea sell a young, English striker like Sturridge? Drogba's 33, Anelka's 32, come on lads.

Well exactly, that's what I was thinking. I guess some people think that sending a player out on loan automatically means he's up for sale.

Would consider him on loan. Would rather we sign quality, 15 goals a season type strikers if we are to play a 4-5-1.

has he really got that bad that he couldn't notch 15 goals as a main striker?

12 in 36 for Denmark, which means sweet fuck all really

Would consider him on loan. Would rather we sign quality, 15 goals a season type strikers if we are to play a 4-5-1.

Would happily have him at £10m or less, but I doubt his ego or wage demands would fit into our current set-up.

Would happily have him at £10m or less, but I doubt his ego or wage demands would fit into our current set-up.

yeah i he was going at that kind of price i'd think he'd be worth the risk myself - but ego &/or wages would be the fly in the ointment

probably ego as much as anything

Id like to see:

£15 milion spent on a powefull technical striker to play with Ben Arfa.

£7 million on a right winger pref someone who can also play left wing.

£8 million on a class centre back to partner Colo

£5 million on a right back maybe?

that greaseball from manyoo macheda a realistic target? ???

On loan maybe ...

Id like to see:

This. I don't think we need a right-back though, Simpson is developing well.

Id like to see:

£5 million on a right back maybe?

£35m on transfer fees you say?

:lol: