Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Say we have £20-ish million. I'd go for the following (with random valuations made in my head):

Pablo Piatti - £5m

Lacina Traore - £5m

Connor Wickham - £7m

Jose Angel - £3m

Per Ciljan Skjelbred - £1m

Smith, Campbell, Raylor, Best and McLoven would ideally go away.

Ship out -

Best, Lovenkrands, Smith, Xisco, Raylor, Perch, Routledge

What we need -

2x  Class Strikers

2x Winger Cum Striker

1x DM (Tiote understudy)

1x RB to push Simmo

1x LB (backup for enrique)

Little depressing 7 out 7 in when our squad is already weak.

Say we have £20-ish million. I'd go for the following (with random valuations made in my head):

Pablo Piatti - £5m

Lacina Traore - £5m

Connor Wickham - £7m

Jose Angel - £3m

Almería paid €10m for Piatti, so unlikely to go for less than that. Might change if they get relegated.

Pablo Piatti - £5m

Lacina Traore - £5m

Connor Wickham - £7m

Jose Angel - £3m

Almería paid €10m for Piatti, so unlikely to go for less than that. Might change if they get relegated.

Notice my "random valuations made in my head" bit. :razz:

I'm anticipating we'll have a reasonable-sized spending spree. Couldn't even begin to suggest what sort of players we should be looking at though. (Other than Koreans, and all of you really don't need another "these Korean players are awesome we should sign them" brief from me.)

We were lucky for the past few months because we had a relatively decent squad pretty much dumped on our laps despite those in charge making every imaginable effort to f*** things up. Now we're back in a position where Pardew and Ashley will actually have to show that they can identify and secure decent players without f***ing things up to ensure that we remain competitive.

I wish I could say I don't trust them, but what other option do we have but blind hope?

Oh, and I'd go for Dempsey as well due to the virtue of him being awesome.

:nods:

Dempsey, Jozy, whatshisname from Bolton, that 17 year old, that mexican american guy that plays defense, that Argentine guy that came up through FC Dallas but now plays for Boca or River.

I think we should take a gamble on the likes of L Traore and or Wickham while buying someone pacey and proven goalscorer.

Think we could do a decent player exchange with Ipswich, perch, Best etc ..

Did Annan move? Saying that we should really look at a none acn tied player for that position.

Adam Johnson would be a great move, but feel any small chance of ever attracting him just moved to Liverpool.

I think we should take a gamble on the likes of L Traore and or Wickham while buying someone pacey and proven goalscorer.

Think we could do a decent player exchange with Ipswich, perch, Best etc ..

Did Annan move? Saying that we should really look at a none acn tied player for that position.

Adam Johnson would be a great move, but feel any small chance of ever attracting him just moved to Liverpool.

Annan's signed for Schalke.