Honesty

Jaehyun

Guest Heneage

85000 a week :lol:

Given the pound was way stronger back then that's probably more than we were paying Ronaldinho at the time :lol:

The story going was. (This comes form someone close to Babayaro)

Him and his agent turned up for talks, prior to the meeting him and his agent were discussing possible figures and Luque said he'd be quite happy for between 25-30k a week. They went into the room sat down and his agent demanded 75k Luque was flabbergasted when Shepherd said yes and signed the deal.

As opposed to the OP?

The OP says 85 Wullie. ;)

As much as I enjoy making Dave fall of his booster seat with laughter I've told that story before. Mind you I seem to remember getting similar responses when I said Oba was getting 90k.  :iamatwat:

Bit of bullshit from Luque as the deal took  quite a while to complete. It was defitnaly not a case of " “The next day he spoke with Augusto Lendoiro, the chairman of Deportivo La Coruna, and in that meeting it was exactly the same.

“He asked what the price was and Lendoiro said 15million euro and the deal was done."

;D

A thread about Luque's honesty, when what he's said is so obviously and easily shown to be a load of bollocks.

“I still had a contract for three seasons so I’ve lost a tremendous amount of money.

Did we also give him a 6 year contract?

More of his honesty when he signed, not when he left with a grudge:

"I'm very happy to sign," said Luque, who played against the Magpies in Deportivo's Intertoto Cup semi-final success earlier this summer. "This transfer has been talked about for a while now, and it is good to be here and have the matter resolved.

"I am looking forward to playing at this fantastic stadium with Alan Shearer. I'm very excited to be here.

"It is a great place to play, I know that from playing here with Deportivo. It is usually full and I'm looking forward to playing in front of the Newcastle fans."

"I feel very valued by Newcastle," he told the club's official website, www.nufc.co.uk. "I will work very hard to prove my worth and I hope to score many goals here.

"The Premiership, along with Spain, is one of the strongest leagues in Europe.

"I have always wanted to play here in England. It is a challenge, and I come here at a time when I am playing my best football.

"I want to prove myself in this league, and I am confident I can."

Luque

“In both cases, Shepherd didn’t even negotiate"

The two chairman:

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has launched a blistering attack on Deportivo's opposite number Augusto Cesar Lendoiro.

Shepherd, who was incensed at Lendoiro's "moving the goalposts" and demanding an extra £1m on the Luque deal late yesterday afternoon, said: "This man is a disgrace to Spanish football."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-360563/Show-Souness-mercy-Ferguson-warns.html#ixzz1CwU4xLRL

Luque attracted the ire of his current president when he claimed Depor had rejected a pounds 10.2m bid from United, something Lendoiro refuted.

"If Newcastle had offered that amount of money, we would not have anything to talk about and he would have already gone," he responded.

"The difference in valuation of the player between the two clubs is pounds 1.4m. "Newcastle have offered pounds 7.5m plus Hugo Viana, but at the moment there is a difference in our valuations of him."

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Dispute+threat+to+Luque+sale.-a0135361199

s**** player, bigger bullshitter.

being fair i'd doubt luque was involved in the fee discussions so they could have had longer negotiations.....however his wages ?

He didn't even seem to know how long his contract was for.  ;D

The honesty of Albert Luque. A classic thread.  :mackems:

Edit: My bad. It was late. For some reason I though he was here for 3 years, it just seemed like it.  :blush: He got one thing right, he did have 3 years left.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Albert Luque was the first person I used youtube to 'check out' when we signed him. He was also the last. Hopes up.  :thdn:

being fair i'd doubt luque was involved in the fee discussions so they could have had longer negotiations.....however his wages ?

He didn't even seem to know how long his contract was for.  ;D

The honesty of Albert Luque. A classic thread.  :mackems:

if someone offered me 80k per week i'd not care or know how long it was for.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Albert Luque was the first person I used youtube to 'check out' when we signed him. He was also the last. Hopes up.  :thdn:

Albert Luque was actually immense for Depor. There were reasons to get anyone's hopes up.

The youtube compilation I watched was immense like.

Forget what the exact figures were, I'm talking about his honesty in admitting he only came here for the money as opposed to Carroll saying he wanted to stay.

He made up stuff after he left the club because he had a grudge against the club/Shepherd/Roeder. Nothing like the situation Carroll is in now on just joining Liverpool.

BTW the exchange rate at the time EUR-GBP was 0.68240 (08/26/2005), so £9.5m = €13.9

Not very good with numbers is he Luque. Maybe we were only paying him £8,500 a week and he didn't notice.

What appalling "journalism" btw, just letting him get away with saying obvious bollocks and printing it without question as fact.

However, if you really want to argue this point, here's a more relevant article with quotes from the agent of a player trying to get a move where money is the primary reason :

Coloccini desperate for Magpies move

by Laurent Picard, 29 July 2008 setanta

Fabricio Coloccini’s agent has urged Deportivo La Coruna to accept a £12 million bid from Newcastle, as he does not want his client to miss ‘the contract of his life’.

Marcelo Lombilla, who represents the Argentinian defender, has slammed his Spanish employers for having snubbed a big-money offer from Kevin Keegan’s Magpies.

The agent has even warned Depor he could use the Webster Clause in order to force them to liberate the centre back from his engagement.

“It’s about a €15 million deal. €12m for Deportivo and the rest are education expenses, commissions and other things for them,” Lombilla told Marca.

“I don’t want to do it,” he added about the Webster Clause, “but I have the right to. I represent footballers, not presidents neither clubs.

At the end of a player’s career, the only thing that counts is their checking account, they don’t feed themselves with cups neither with medals, and I fear he could miss the contract of his life.

“The money that could make Coloccini leave the club is being dictated by Fifa, but it would be approximately what is remaining on his contract.

“No doubt the economic prejudice would be massive.

“He (Coloccini) just wants to say he’s no traitor and doesn’t want to be. We don’t want to do this, but when they bring you to the edge of the precipice, it’s better to find a solution before you fall over.

“I don’t know if this will happen on August 31st (the last day of the transfer market), I don’t know.”

Lombilla does not hide that financial reasons are fuelling his player’s intention to move to St James’ Park and wants Depor to offer a new deal.

“The pay rise is very important for Fabricio,” he added. “Here (in Spain) you have a better life, but a player’s career is very short and if you turn down €12 million it’s because the club are in a very good financial situation.

“As a consequence I hope they will have the sense to call us to sign a new deal and to offer Fabricio what he has lost, it would be right.”

Lombilla understands Depor coach Miguel Angel Lotina would not be happy to see a key player embark on a new challenge, but his client’s interests come first.

“I understand Lotina, it’s a problem for him, but it’s as well for Fabricio because he loses the contract of his life. I hope everything will be sorted.”

Should we be applauding him for his honesty or booing him for being a Judas money grabbing cunt in solidarity for the Deportivo fans? Interesting dilemma.

Guest neesy111

Forget what the exact figures were, I'm talking about his honesty in admitting he only came here for the money as opposed to Carroll saying he wanted to stay.

He made up stuff after he left the club because he had a grudge against the club/Shepherd/Roeder. Nothing like the situation Carroll is in now on just joining Liverpool.

BTW the exchange rate at the time EUR-GBP was 0.68240 (08/26/2005), so £9.5m = €13.9

Not very good with numbers is he Luque. Maybe we were only paying him £8,500 a week and he didn't notice.

What appalling "journalism" btw, just letting him get away with saying obvious bollocks and printing it without question as fact.

However, if you really want to argue this point, here's a more relevant article with quotes from the agent of a player trying to get a move where money is the primary reason :

Coloccini desperate for Magpies move

by Laurent Picard, 29 July 2008 setanta

Fabricio Coloccini’s agent has urged Deportivo La Coruna to accept a £12 million bid from Newcastle, as he does not want his client to miss ‘the contract of his life’.

Marcelo Lombilla, who represents the Argentinian defender, has slammed his Spanish employers for having snubbed a big-money offer from Kevin Keegan’s Magpies.

The agent has even warned Depor he could use the Webster Clause in order to force them to liberate the centre back from his engagement.

“It’s about a €15 million deal. €12m for Deportivo and the rest are education expenses, commissions and other things for them,” Lombilla told Marca.

“I don’t want to do it,” he added about the Webster Clause, “but I have the right to. I represent footballers, not presidents neither clubs.

At the end of a player’s career, the only thing that counts is their checking account, they don’t feed themselves with cups neither with medals, and I fear he could miss the contract of his life.

“The money that could make Coloccini leave the club is being dictated by Fifa, but it would be approximately what is remaining on his contract.

“No doubt the economic prejudice would be massive.

“He (Coloccini) just wants to say he’s no traitor and doesn’t want to be. We don’t want to do this, but when they bring you to the edge of the precipice, it’s better to find a solution before you fall over.

“I don’t know if this will happen on August 31st (the last day of the transfer market), I don’t know.”

Lombilla does not hide that financial reasons are fuelling his player’s intention to move to St James’ Park and wants Depor to offer a new deal.

“The pay rise is very important for Fabricio,” he added. “Here (in Spain) you have a better life, but a player’s career is very short and if you turn down €12 million it’s because the club are in a very good financial situation.

“As a consequence I hope they will have the sense to call us to sign a new deal and to offer Fabricio what he has lost, it would be right.”

Lombilla understands Depor coach Miguel Angel Lotina would not be happy to see a key player embark on a new challenge, but his client’s interests come first.

“I understand Lotina, it’s a problem for him, but it’s as well for Fabricio because he loses the contract of his life. I hope everything will be sorted.”

Should we be applauding him for his honesty or booing him for being a Judas money grabbing cunt in solidarity for the Deportivo fans? Interesting dilemma.

Of course we paying him stupid money, 8.5k a week are fucking an idiot or what.  He would have been on around 15-20k a week at Deportivo as he was a decent player there.

Guest neesy111

I think it's fair to say that Luque is a complete and utter shitbag of a person.

Epic c***.

By all accounts he is. Very talented but disgraceful pro, actually. Did he pull off the same "injury" and nightgoing antics for you that he did for Málaga?

Yes.