This season...

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

This is a crazy club as we all know but has there been a season quite like this at NUFC? It has been downright bizarre and the weird thing is, I firmly believe there is going to be more ups and downs of the same vein still yet to come. For me it has been the best and worst season since I started following the club (92) in many a way. I have enjoyed so much of it even more so than when we were challenging for the title with KK's entertainers but likewise I have also been hugely upset at times, more so than at points during our relegation season. I mean I don't rate Carroll too highly, a limited striker in many aspects of his game, but I haven't been so upset or so angry with any sale or departure even my beloved boyhood hero Andy Cole, than when we sold Carroll. Pardew - a better manager than Souness - yet his appointment enraged me more than Souness'. Hughton's dismissal enraged me more than Sir Bobby's sacking or KK leaving.

Henry Winter, a journalist who I respect, once said that NUFC is the most fascinating club in world football which enchants you and I couldn't disagree more. Part of me wants to sack the whole thing off because lets face it, the owner and chairman are c***s and the manager shouldn't even be here. As for the players, not one of them would stay loyal if a better offer was on the table even if they were black and white. And football the game... its corrupt, over hyped and bloody expensive. But that's why we are fans or supporters I suppose. We cannot be anything other than loyal because this is our club, not Mike Ashley's or Alan Pardew's or even Jose Enrique's. It is my club, your club, OUR CLUB.

Newcastle United Football Club  :smitten:

It's been a bizarrely enjoyable season with some amazing matches, great attacking football and goals galore. We've also seen our side playing with great passion and pride in the shirt. I've loved it but I won't be happy until we're safe.

If we stay up I think next season could be very good.

I think this team has real potential, the most spirited team since the Bobby Robson days thanks to Hughton.  But the sad reality is that we are a selling club now, Ashley's policy of 30k a week in wages to our stars just doesn’t work if you want to progress, he has no ambition.  if we are in the premier league at the end of the season and if our Bartons and Tiotes keep playing well, then we are going to be a victim to our own success as Ashley will take the cash from other clubs and wont pay higher wages.  I really hope I am wrong and Ashley sees the potential in the summer, the thought of adding £40millions worth of talent to our current really excites me.

First of all, MA has already pointed out that although he may be rich, he's poor compared to the owners of Chelski and Shitty. And as a consequence he must buy/sell with profit to turn the club around. That's the reality of Fred selling a club that was in a complete mess. The fact that he sold Carroll does not mean that he has no ambition.  There's been plenty of news coverage in Norway regarding Carroll's transfer, and everyone points in the same direction: NUFC got an insane amount of money for him. Also they've branded the the general spending as horrendously, and I agree. Think about it: we got £30 millions up front, 7,5% resale clause, and £5 mill is paid later for a player that's injured (maybe for the rest of the season) and who only has half a pl-season to show for. That's good business, to say the least. And I pretty sure that most other clubs would have done the same if they were presented with such an offer.  Carroll was sacrificed for the long term good of the club. Tham is a pretty good example of this: They sold Berbatov and Carrick with good profit, that enabled them to buy players that now have taken them to CL. And I think MA are thinking in the same manner. 

Another important aspect is that now we actually have focus on scouting and talents, meaning that the probability of us picking up another Tiote or Carroll has increased significantly. One more big transfer, and the horrendous errors made earlier are nullified. Then we will be one of the few clubs with a solid economical base. All this change within one season, how about that? More and more clubs are paying over the top for shitty players. That a poor player like Carew earned  a cool £60 000 in Villa says all about how worrying the current economical climate is. The best thing is to buy wisely (young and hungry players) enforce that salary cap (unless we are able to sign diamonds like HBA) and wait. Because within some years, the shit is gonna  hit the fan, bigtime, and then it's time for us to strike. I want success, but I doesn't want it bought and paid for like Shitty and Chelsea. It should be earned. And MA could be onto something, I think.