Newcastle United 1 - 1 Bolton - 26/02/11 - post match reaction from page 17

midds

Pardew's substitutions were excellent yesterday iyam. The team looked completely deflated after the sending off. Immediately after the red card they were all walking put after a Bolton attack and all had their heads down and shoulders slumped. They seemed to get over that once the subs were made.

I don't see how his substitutions were excellent when our two ineffective forwards came back out for the 2nd half.

Because they were creating chances so there was no point in taking them out. Rather have inefficient than non-existing forwards to be honest.

Pardew's substitutions were excellent yesterday iyam. The team looked completely deflated after the sending off. Immediately after the red card they were all walking put after a Bolton attack and all had their heads down and shoulders slumped. They seemed to get over that once the subs were made.

I don't see how his substitutions were excellent when our two ineffective forwards came back out for the 2nd half.

Lovenkrands was possibly ineffective but I thought Best's all round game was excellent first half.

Lovenkrands was possibly ineffective but I thought Best's all round game was excellent first half.

I thought that Best worked hard and is playing better than I expected, he was as frustrating as hell yesterday and looked like he could have played all day without scoring.

Btw i was in the ground very early, and for some reason Owen Coyle just came over and stood in front of the Leazes goal mouth for a bit, he then looked at a few Newcastle fans and said 'Don't make too much noise today please boys'. He then came right over and i got a picture with him and had a chat and so did a few others. Really nice bloke.

Guest Loven11

Anyone else see the guy dressed as Bananaman ? Saw him after the match, I had a little chuckle at that.

Thought we should have been leading at first half by maybe two or more, shame we didn't take those chances.

Sending off obviously changed the game a bit and I was happy with a point after that but thought Power Ranger had won it for us, I was going crazy thinking we won it until the bloody flag came up, fucking gutted.

Btw i was in the ground very early, and for some reason Owen Coyle just came over and stood in front of the Leazes goal mouth for a bit, he then looked at a few Newcastle fans and said 'Don't make too much noise today please boys'. He then came right over and i got a picture with him and had a chat and so did a few others. Really nice bloke.

He did the same at the Gallowgate End, came over and had his picture taken with some kids then got stopped beside the away side dugout and had some more pictures taken.