Our recent transfers

Guest BooBoo

Us tailing off was an inevitabilty, though the decline really is unnerving. We said after the Birmingham game that it'd take an absolute catastrophe for us to go down, and our form does pretty much represent that so far. We've really got to be very, very careful - it'd be just terrible if we were to enter the relegation zone before the season's out.

:jesuswept: we've played THREE games since then :(

Since last summer:

Perch- Bought for pennies, now looks a long way from the first XI due to his mediocrity.

Campell- Fat waster who took an enternity to get fit. Now looks way way past his best and has been limited to a handful of games.

Ben Arfa- Three non 90 minute appearances, broken leg. Out for the season.

Gosling- Played two minutes all season.

Ireland- Yet to play. At most he will get half a dozen games in this season.

Sorry if this is NWOAT but the above is little short of ridiculous. I realise a lot of it is down to bad luck (certainly regarding HBA) but essentially a lot of this season has been our Championship team + Tiote. I look forward to the day where we can sign players who actually bring something to the team, instead of just to the physio room.

Perch was bought as short-term cover. Completely agree with this signing, as there was no point spending more than £1m on an RB when we already had three players in the squad that could play in that position. Had Perch been a good utility player at RB/RM/CM he would have been a good signing.

Campbell was also bought as cover in my opinion. He was good at Arsenal last season, but unfortunately, I think we've been nothing more than employers to him. It's a shame Kadar is a sicknote.

Always risky signing a player with a serious injury, but hopefully Gosling has some potential a will develop into a decent player. Doesn't help bringing him back from injury, which we wouldn't have had to do if Routledge hadn't been sent out on loan.

As for Ireland, well, what can I say? After selling Carroll this was a desperate attempt to appease the fans ... which has failed miserably. I dread to think how much which are contributing to his reported £65,000 a week wages.

I really don't think anyone thought signing Ireland would 'appease the fans' after selling Andy Carroll.

"Well, we've sold our number nine, young Geordie lad who gives everything and scores loads of goals - but hey, at least we've signed this injury-prone Irish headcase."

Yet the club had the nerve to parade him all over the official website and match programme like he was the second coming.

Aye, but they have to announce every signing the same way. We're hardly going to sign a player and not show him on the website or programme.... that's just what you do when a new player comes in.

Yet the club had the nerve to parade him all over the official website and match programme like he was the second coming.

Aye, but they have to announce every signing the same way. We're hardly going to sign a player and not show him on the website or programme.... that's just what you do when a new player comes in.

True, I was actually going to edit my post and say the same thing. Still, the fact he was only player we brought in during the January window is frankly embarassing.

By the way, whoever started this thread missed out Shefti Kuqi ...

Us tailing off was an inevitabilty, though the decline really is unnerving. We said after the Birmingham game that it'd take an absolute catastrophe for us to go down, and our form does pretty much represent that so far. We've really got to be very, very careful - it'd be just terrible if we were to enter the relegation zone before the season's out.

:lol: I said so far. Remind me of the results?

:lol: I said so far. Remind me of the results?

1-1

1-2

0-4

Three games. Three.

It's his failure to grasp basic semantics that really turns me on. :pow:

What kind of sample is three games to base anything on? It's like me noticing Nixon talking to a girl and saying "oh, he's really good with women so far" :dontknow: