Keegan: Managing England is soulless and I'd tell Harry not to do it

Tooj

It was a very bad decision to scrap the reserves.

It was a very bad decision and that particular issue provides a greater insight into how KK works - he thinks short-term. Its all about the now with KK. That might explain his impulsivenes. I.e. the Cole sale. From what I've gathered KK was working with the team in training one day and our own defenders were starting to suss Cole's movement and would often keep him quite which lead KK on an impulse to think well if his own defenders could suss the way he played the opposition could too so just like that Cole needed replaced. This a 21 year old 68 goals in 80 odd game striker, the darling of the crowd.

Scrapping the reserves also showed just how powerful KK was and just how much the board trusted him. I think the board idolised KK and were also scared of him in equal measures. KK of course played on that and used his standing with the fans to pretty much run NUFC as he saw fit, often without check.

In that kind of environment you can see how delusion can develop. Its a bit like a rockstar being told they are great everyday by the hangers on and having everything done for them constantly. They soon feel like they are god and cannot hack being told no or criticism. KK was the rock star of Newcastle if you like.

When I think about it all, what was a marriage made in heaven was also a very unstable relationship and an break-up was inevitable. KK is a totalitarian and no football club can be ran like that. Especially a modern day one.

You've made some good points there, but I'm not sure how you square it with the post you've just made.

Unless I'm being set up here.

Guest Howaythetoon

It was a very bad decision to scrap the reserves.

It was a very bad decision and that particular issue provides a greater insight into how KK works - he thinks short-term. Its all about the now with KK. That might explain his impulsivenes. I.e. the Cole sale. From what I've gathered KK was working with the team in training one day and our own defenders were starting to suss Cole's movement and would often keep him quite which lead KK on an impulse to think well if his own defenders could suss the way he played the opposition could too so just like that Cole needed replaced. This a 21 year old 68 goals in 80 odd game striker, the darling of the crowd.

Scrapping the reserves also showed just how powerful KK was and just how much the board trusted him. I think the board idolised KK and were also scared of him in equal measures. KK of course played on that and used his standing with the fans to pretty much run NUFC as he saw fit, often without check.

In that kind of environment you can see how delusion can develop. Its a bit like a rockstar being told they are great everyday by the hangers on and having everything done for them constantly. They soon feel like they are god and cannot hack being told no or criticism. KK was the rock star of Newcastle if you like.

When I think about it all, what was a marriage made in heaven was also a very unstable relationship and an break-up was inevitable. KK is a totalitarian and no football club can be ran like that. Especially a modern day one.

You've made some good points there, but I'm not sure how you square it with the post you've just made.

Unless I'm being set up here.

As a football manager I'd have him back tomorrow. With all the baggage that goes with KK however I wouldn't.

If I were Man City or Chelsea though with fantasy money I'd employ KK.

Alan Pardew or Kevin Keegan? It's an absolute no-brainer.

Problem is, this version of Keegan that would want to come back, be motivated and actually care (not just say he cares) is totally fictitious.

Guest Chubby Jason

How does he not care? He left under constructive dismissal last time he walked, no one can blame him for going after the way the idiots treated him...anyway, we're digging up old ground here. I still wouldn't bet against him coming back one day.

We seem to be getting a lot of these interviews at the moment. I wonder if he's fed up with the TV studio, or eager to earn a bigger whack. It feels like he's trying to raise his profile and put himself in the shop window for another crack at management. I don't think there'll be any takers.