Patrick Van Aanholt

Guest Brazilianbob

I wasn't particularly impressed with him during his spell here. I'd rather give Ferguson his chance.

Ferguson isn't an LB.

Pardew thinks he is.

I don't think he does, or at least I hope he doesn't as for me, he definitely isn't. Hopefully it's just Pards bigging him up for the role so he's competent when we play him there next season.

What a pointless argument, it's far too early to know where his final position will be, based on what we've seen so far.

He's always played as an LM for the U-18s and reserves. Only started playing at LB when Jose got injured.

Selling Jose and expecting Ferguson to fill in there for the whole season would be ridiculous.

I wasn't particularly impressed with him during his spell here. I'd rather give Ferguson his chance.

Ferguson isn't an LB.

Pardew thinks he is.

I don't think he does, or at least I hope he doesn't as for me, he definitely isn't. Hopefully it's just Pards bigging him up for the role so he's competent when we play him there next season.

What a pointless argument, it's far too early to know where his final position will be, based on what we've seen so far.

He's always played as an LM for the U-18s and reserves. Only started playing at LB when Jose got injured.

Selling Jose and expecting Ferguson to fill in there for the whole season would be ridiculous.

yep, as would signing carlton cole. i still wouldn't be surprised for either to happen really, after the last day of the last transfer window, carroll out - kuqi in. never saw that one coming like  :harry:

i do rate ferguson mind, and would like to see him played as a winger

Ferguson isn't an LB.

Pardew thinks he is.

I agree, FWIW I didn't know he's always been LM for the youth/reserves.