Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

He isn't one of the top 3 left backs in the league either.

He isn't one of the top three left backs in London.

Bit far :lol:

Cole

Assou-Ekotto

Salcido

:cheesy:

A damning indictment of Herita Ilunga's unrivalled ability.

Guest kingdawson

Clichy completes City transfer. Really don't understand that one.

From which point of view?

Obvious why City would want one of the best left backs in the league (world). On the other hand, Arsenal have been victim of a player wanting to leave, as we know there's not alot you can do when you have an unsettled player.

Clichy one of the best left backs in the world?

Guest kingdawson

He isn't one of the best left backs in the world.

No? Go on then?

Only Ashley Cole and Evra are better in this league. That's not bad for what is probably the best league in the world.

Cole, evra, enrique, ekotto, and baines are all comfortably better than him.

I must have missed Clichy becoming shit, interesting.

Not best in the world = shit

:lol:

Ah sorry, i forgot you were here.

Nobody said he is shit though, did they? I certainly didn't.

He's a good player, I just don't think he's a massive upgrade on Kolorov. I don't think Arsenal would be selling one of the best left backs in the world to a direct rival for £7m either.

No? Go on then?

Only Ashley Cole and Evra are better in this league. That's not bad for what is probably the best league in the world.

I don't agree that Enrique and Baines are better, very similar standard. Cole and Evra are better, but then i have already said that.

Ekotto? I think he's shite and he's a cunt.

I must have missed Clichy becoming s***, interesting.

He can't really defend for one thing.

Most successful tackles of any defender in the league last year.

No? Go on then?

Plus Marcelo, Abidal, Coentrao, André Santos, Filipe Luís... all of them I'd have before Clichy, and there's probably more in leagues I don't watch.

Guest kingdawson

hahahah ekotto s*** despite being excellent for 2 seasons in a row....yet clichy is one of the best in the world...oh man that's funny.

Apparently most people on here don't rate him that highly. What do you think?

Cole was mediocre last year, Baines was on a different level. I'm not saying the latter is the better player overall but last season there was no contest. Interesting to see how they fare this year and whether Baines can maintain his level of performance and whether Cole will improve his.

Apparently most people on here don't rate him that highly. What do you think?

I'm not claiming he's a top player I'll make that clear first but he has been a victim of having no support from Arshavin or cover but yeah, it's the best for both the club and Clichy that he leaves. Wish he could have gone abroad though, doesn't feel nice seeing him going to City.

hahahah ekotto s*** despite being excellent for 2 seasons in a row....yet clichy is one of the best in the world...oh man that's funny.

I don't rate him at all. Is there a problem?

It's my opinion, i don't mind people disagreeing, that's what this place is all about. Don't laugh though, you will just look a bell-end.

He's a good player, I just don't think he's a massive upgrade on Kolorov. I don't think Arsenal would be selling one of the best left backs in the world to a direct rival for £7m either.

No you didn't say he was shit nor did anyone else. I did cheekily imply that others had said that but they didn't.

Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

No you didn't say he was shit nor did anyone else. I did cheekily imply that others had said that but they didn't.

No worries. :razz:

But no, he's clearly not shite, it just seems a bit strange to me. They spent £16m on Kolorov this time last year and from what I've seen he's been fine. I don't see Clichy as an upgrade at all. Same age as well. Perhaps he'll go on the bench, but that's like fixing something that isn't broken.

Guest kingdawson

I don't rate him at all. Is there a problem?

It's my opinion, i don't mind people disagreeing, that's what this place is all about. Don't laugh though, you will just look a bell-end.

Do you watch other teams besides Newcastle? if you did you'd have seen with your own eyes how shit Clichy's been. He's been utter turd for a few season now. Better yet have a look through an Arsenal forum and see exactly what the majority think of him.

You don't rate Ekotto that's fine but the fact that you called Clichy one of the best fb's in the world leads me to beleieve you haven't seen a premiership game for 2 years (non newcastle) so it's understandable you think ekotto is shit as he was very inconsistant 2 years ago.

No worries. :razz:

But no, he's clearly not shite, it just seems a bit strange to me. They spent £16m on Kolorov this time last year and from what I've seen he's been fine. I don't see Clichy as an upgrade at all. Same age as well. Perhaps he'll go on the bench, but that's like fixing something that isn't broken.

Clearly Clichy's reputation has taken a hit (news to me mind). When he first came on the seen i thought he was excellent and if they can get the best out of him at city, especially the way they set-up, i still believe he will be one of the most highly rated left backs in the country.

Kolorov is a good left back but City have the resources to chop and change one season to the next if they like. Arsenal should have asked for a swap.

Guest kingdawson

Okay the Spurs fan said he's s***. :lol:

Mate Gooners think he's shit (well besides ash who tbh went a whole season bigging up Nasri only to tell us now he's not that good).