Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

other clubs have moved on and exploited their worth as top of the table clubs to fleece sponsors for the right to have their logos on shirts and billboards all around the world to a massive TV audience, we've never moved past pullmans and cruise flannels or whatever

we'll never close the 50m gap unless the knackers start looking beyond northumberland street and the metro centre for sponsorship

stay local get local money, simples no?

Guest neesy111

other clubs have moved on and exploited their worth as top of the table clubs to fleece sponsors for the right to have their logos on shirts and billboards all around the world to a massive TV audience, we've never moved past pullmans and cruise flannels or whatever

we'll never close the 50m gap unless the knackers start looking beyond northumberland street and the metro centre for sponsorship

Club needs to start acting professionally when they do business to start with.

It is. I'm very underwhelmed by how the club is going at the moment, find it hard to get excited about Newcastle (while Ashley is about) and that's an awful thing to say.

I feel the same way and that saddens me  :whatdidido:

I don't think I've ever been less interested in NUFC and football during a transfer window. The big (read: rich) clubs buying all and everything contributes to it too, even though it's nothing new.

Sometimes I don't even have the N-O Football tab open on my computer  :kasper:

The not replacing players isn't really a myth as it takes us forever to do it - all down to the way we approach transfers. Cisse was Carroll's replacement, took a year to do so. Ba is yet to be replaced, don't see Gouffran as his replacement at all frankly.

If Colo or Cabaye left I would not have any confidence we have set targets lined up and acceptable bids in place. We simple take forever to get players in in a hugely uninspiring manner to save a bit more cash. As mentioned somewhere else i'm not actually sure how many scouts we have, or if its just Carr doing it all by himself.

You say that but Demba Ba more than replaced Carroll's goals. If Demba Ba was Lovenkrands replacement then that was excellent business. You see how you don't give credit when it's due? You don't credit Ba being better than our main man the season before whilst not even counting him as the former main man. But because Gouffran isn't better than him, Gouff doesn't count?

I don't have a problem waiting to get the right player instead of signing inferior players to fill out numbers.

I do have a problem with our team/squad being put together due to skill/money rather than specific requirements.

Mike Ashley is one of the best businessman in the UK man. In terms of making money for himself/the club, I'm not concerned. He'll find a way.

Guest neesy111

Mike Ashley is one of the best businessman in the UK man. In terms of making money for himself/the club, I'm not concerned. He'll find a way.

In the UK, his attempts to go International have been a flop so far for Sports Direct.

In the UK, his attempts to go International have been a flop so far for Sports Direct.

Strategically, that hasn't been of prime importance in recent years.

Guest neesy111

It was the reason why he bought NUFC in the 1st place. :lol:

this is a f***ing joke post right?

Mike Ashley is the sole owner of Newcastle United unless I am mistaken. He and the club are one legal identity, no?

Meaning whatever profits or loses the club makes goes into/out of his wallet?

He bought NUFC pre-recession right? Yeah things change. The European economy crumbled and his biggest rival failed. There's now opportunity for a monopoly in the UK if they can stave off online vendors.

The not replacing players isn't really a myth as it takes us forever to do it - all down to the way we approach transfers. Cisse was Carroll's replacement, took a year to do so. Ba is yet to be replaced, don't see Gouffran as his replacement at all frankly.

If Colo or Cabaye left I would not have any confidence we have set targets lined up and acceptable bids in place. We simple take forever to get players in in a hugely uninspiring manner to save a bit more cash. As mentioned somewhere else i'm not actually sure how many scouts we have, or if its just Carr doing it all by himself.

You say that but Demba Ba more than replaced Carroll's goals. If Demba Ba was Lovenkrands replacement then that was excellent business. You see how you don't give credit when it's due? You don't credit Ba being better than our main man the season before whilst not even counting him as the former main man. But because Gouffran isn't better than him, Gouff doesn't count?

I don't have a problem waiting to get the right player instead of signing inferior players to fill out numbers.

I do have a problem with our team/squad being put together due to skill/money rather than specific requirements.

Ba used us as a stepping stone to a bigger club and was off as soon as he got the chance - most of these so-called 'clever' buys will want to do the same, just as Cabaye will, probably this summer.

He saw the light after last summer's transfer fiasco...so did most of us...

Guest neesy111

He bought NUFC pre-recession right? Yeah things change. The European economy crumbled and his biggest rival failed. There's now opportunity for a monopoly in the UK if they can stave off online vendors.

When did i say Europe?  He wanted to use NUFC to take Sports Direct global especially in the far east who missed the global recession.

Mike Ashley is the sole owner of Newcastle United unless I am mistaken. He and the club are one legal identity, no?

he'll find a way, but has owned since 2007 and as far as i know commercially he's done very little to improve the club...he's cut costs, got rid of high earners and we're back in the PL but we're clearly worthy of better sponsorship and in particular shirt deals aren't we?

even the mackems have made a fuckin effort man

Guest neesy111

It's still a limited company, so losses to himself are limited.

When did i say Europe?  He wanted to use NUFC to take Sports Direct global especially in the far east who missed the global recession.

Point is. In '06 opportune for growth probably looked biggest abroad. With how things have gone, the UK market is so volatile yet there to be profited fom.

It's still a limited company, so losses to himself are limited.

Okay, so Newcastle United onw the debt and not him personally. But that debt has significantly reduced the value of his asset, no? Didn't  he personally pay-off all the debt and charged it back to himself with low credit?

he'll find a way, but has owned since 2007 and as far as i know commercially he's done very little to improve the club...he's cut costs, got rid of high earners and we're back in the PL but we're clearly worthy of better sponsorship and in particular shirt deals aren't we?

even the mackems have made a fuckin effort man

I agree with better sponsors and the like. We look very budget.

Thing with sponsors - they want to see a tangible plan as to what the business will do for them in terms of coverage, investment in their name etc.

From what I can see is we simply thought £8M over 4 years (oh what ever the numbers are) would work for us and we accept the first bidder that came along.  The "budget" tactics clearly work for SD but not for a football club.

Ok - they are in the CL but the deals Manu, Man City, Arsenal etc have got for sponsorship are outstanding, ours is simply shocking in comparison.