The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Guest Shaun

I only signed up for skybet for the two quid fantasy football, then I start placing bets. Oh well. At least they have a better chance than Samoa.

Going meme/smiley-free for a moment wormy (if that's possible), what criteria are you using to pick your horses? Random selection, names, vague combination of form, in-depth look at form, jockeys, trainers, etc?

Going meme/smiley-free for a moment wormy (if that's possible), what criteria are you using to pick your horses? Random selection, names, vague combination of form, in-depth look at form, jockeys, trainers, etc?

:pokerface:

:okay:

Very vague look at form. Generally what the general public are saying on olbg.com and what racingpost.com are saying. I have no knowledge myself. I just follow others. :tobey:

:best:

Any tips for the Newcastle meeting tonight? Think I'm going - though it'll be more swimming than horse racing at this rate.

If the weather brightens up I think I'll be heading there tonight. Going to keep my money for the last two races really.

Bilidn (8.45) and Hezmah (9.20), singles and a double.

Also, the 8.15 I'll be taking on the odds on favourite - backing the second favourite for Stoute at about 9/4, Grandiloquent.

Done very well last night at Newcastle. Taking me winnings onto Epsom today.

1.40 - Clinical 5/1

2.15 - Gatewood 11/4

3.25 - Prince Jock 11/1

4.05 - Vow 5/1

Lucky 15, and separate double on Vow-Gatewood.

That Elles Woods for me did the business big time for me. Was so close to going for Close to the Edge in the last but instead went for Misplaced Fortune. Thought Hezmah was going to storm it the way it was coming back but CTTE won, and won a fuckload for my mate.

Hey, dudes, how's this for a deal on BetVictor -

Russia to beat C.Republic

Holland beat Denmark

Germany beat Portugal

Croatia beat ROI

France beat England

Spain beat ROI

54/1.

Might stick a tenner on that.  :smug:

Guest Roger Kint

Any tips for the Newcastle meeting tonight? Think I'm going - though it'll be more swimming than horse racing at this rate.

If the weather brightens up I think I'll be heading there tonight. Going to keep my money for the last two races really.

Bilidn (8.45) and Hezmah (9.20), singles and a double.

Also, the 8.15 I'll be taking on the odds on favourite - backing the second favourite for Stoute at about 9/4, Grandiloquent.

Done very well last night at Newcastle. Taking me winnings onto Epsom today.

1.40 - Clinical 5/1

2.15 - Gatewood 11/4

3.25 - Prince Jock 11/1

4.05 - Vow 5/1

Lucky 15, and separate double on Vow-Gatewood.

Good start, my emotional choice was shite though :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

:( Joviality put up a bit of a fight from the sounds of it but couldn't manage it.

Its on BBC if you wanna watch it. Joviality just ran out of ground when fast closing

That Elles Woods for me did the business big time for me. Was so close to going for Close to the Edge in the last but instead went for Misplaced Fortune. Thought Hezmah was going to storm it the way it was coming back but CTTE won, and won a fuckload for my mate.

If Hezmah had of won I would be booking a holiday today! Still was a profitable night.

Just had Clinical get me lucky 15 off to a good start, got best odds with Paddy Power so 7/1 guarantees me a profit for the day even if I don't have another winner.

Swish. Cheers Roger, didn't realise that. Only got the 2:15 left at Epsom, then a Newcastle and Brighton.

Was gonna be right pissed if Barefoot Lady held out, was 5 seconds away from picking her over Joviality. :lol:

:( Joviality put up a bit of a fight from the sounds of it but couldn't manage it.

Its on BBC if you wanna watch it. Joviality just ran out of ground when fast closing

At one stage it was powering home, thought it was going to catch mine but the line came just in time. William Buick was on Joviality, hope he has a bit more luck in the next when he's on Gatewood. As soon as the first wins in a lucky 15 a get excited and think it's going to be a huge pay day.

Guest Roger Kint

At one stage it was powering home, thought it was going to catch mine but the line came just in time. William Buick was on Joviality, hope he has a bit more luck in the next when he's on Gatewood. As soon as the first wins in a lucky 15 a get excited and think it's going to be a huge pay day.

Aye i have Gatewood as well in the first of my lucky 15. Think i have stand to reason as the second in my ew L15 in the same race though. Always hate doing that