The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

LWLLDLLWLWDWLLWWLLLLLWLLLLLLWLLWLLLLL

:kasper: The amount of 'L's there.

I imagine there'd have been a fair few more if they hadn't had Sturridge for the first half of that list as well.

Good point - certainly one at our place

:laugh:

Seriously though, how is Coyle not under ridiculous pressure from the press etc? Imagine if our manager was responsible for a run like that (well it's far more than a run tbh), it would be all day every day. Are their fans protesting? Can't remember hearing anything about it, unlike Blackburn with Kean for example.

Unfortunately Bolton haven't been a bit of a soap opera like ourselves, and Blackburn are becoming with their slowly becoming clear mentalist owners.

Never quite understood the media's obsession with us (the bad stuff) myself.

His post match interview was classic today.  Semi blaming the players performance, added to that suspensions and injuries and then my particular favouite the I have always been successful line.  This will not end well and I'm chuffed about it.  I actually don't mind Coyle but am no fan of Gartside

Aye Gartside was one of the first to come out with no relegation thing wasn't he, a while back but i'm sure it was him.

Think he was.  Can't stand him.  They're skint i think and with their pitiful support are only going in one direction.  Coyle was saying that he was gutted for the 600 travelling fans today.  Crock of s**** club.  Give me a Sheff Weds and day of the week.

I'm surprised 600 travelled with the way we've played this season.

Once again fans are judging clubs on attendance, when frankly it's an utter irrelevance these days. Dear me.

Either way, you do a "historical Premier League" and Bolton would be in there.

:laugh:

Seriously though, how is Coyle not under ridiculous pressure from the press etc? Imagine if our manager was responsible for a run like that (well it's far more than a run tbh), it would be all day every day. Are their fans protesting? Can't remember hearing anything about it, unlike Blackburn with Kean for example.

Unfortunately Bolton haven't been a bit of a soap opera like ourselves, and Blackburn are becoming with their slowly becoming clear mentalist owners.

Never quite understood the media's obsession with us (the bad stuff) myself.

His post match interview was classic today.  Semi blaming the players performance, added to that suspensions and injuries and then my particular favouite the I have always been successful line.  This will not end well and I'm chuffed about it.  I actually don't mind Coyle but am no fan of Gartside

Aye Gartside was one of the first to come out with no relegation thing wasn't he, a while back but i'm sure it was him.

Think he was.  Can't stand him.  They're skint i think and with their pitiful support are only going in one direction.  Coyle was saying that he was gutted for the 600 travelling fans today.  Crock of s**** club.  Give me a Sheff Weds and day of the week.

I'm surprised 600 travelled with the way we've played this season.

Once again fans are judging clubs on attendance, when frankly it's an utter irrelevance these days. Dear me. Either way, you do a "historical Premier League" and Bolton would be in there.

Why not judge a club on attendance?  Why is it irrelavent.  Clearly relevent to me...

How much will you be in the s*** if you go down jukebox? Am I right in thinking the club already has a large debt to Gartside? Surprised he's not got an itchy finger tbh if thats right.

The debt is to Eddie Davies, our benefactor.

Is he likely to call it in or he is just a fan of the club done well?

How much will you be in the s*** if you go down jukebox? Am I right in thinking the club already has a large debt to Gartside? Surprised he's not got an itchy finger tbh if thats right.

The debt is to Eddie Davies, our benefactor.

Is he likely to call it in or he is just a fan of the club done well?

No idea. He is a fan of the club though

It's utterly irrelevant because TV rights (and merchandise) are far more important these days

Financially yes - but that is not the only criteria used to judge the worth of a club is it?  Attendance is relevant to many people, myself included.  It's the lifeblood of the game.  Merchandise may be important in some ways but you can't fill a stadium with Lofty the Lion replicas can you

It's utterly irrelevant because TV rights (and merchandise) are far more important these days

Financially yes - but that is not the only criteria used to judge the worth of a club is it?  Attendance is relevant to many people, myself included.  It's the lifeblood of the game.  Merchandise may be important in some ways but you can't fill a stadium with Lofty the Lion replicas can you

Apart from attendance, in which I believe we're something like 25-26th in England, Bolton are historically one of the top 20 teams in the country (perhaps not this season!), in terms of time in the top flight, points in the top flight, trophies won, etc. Check the facts if you don't believe me.

Hence, people saying that they don't deserve to be in the Premiership because they've got a load of gloryhunters in their area is a bit silly.

What were Madrid thinking bringing out a kit in Atletico colours.

Nothing, they played in red shirts in 70's

We started out playing in red and white, can you imagine the uproar if we brought out a kit in those colours now?

Real is not playing in white and red stripes, only in red, didn't Newcastle have red and blue (but red was dominant) away shirts when Roeder was manager.

Apart from attendance (in which I believe we're something like 25-26th in England), Bolton are historically one of the top 20 teams in the country (perhaps not this season!), trophies won, etc. Check the facts if you don't believe me.

Hence, people saying that they don't deserve to be in the Premiership because they've got a load of gloryhunters in their area is a bit silly.

Founder members of the Football League n all.

Apart from attendance, in which I believe we're something like 25-26th in England, Bolton are historically one of the top 20 teams in the country (perhaps not this season!), in terms of time in the top flight, points in the top flight, trophies won, etc. Check the facts if you don't believe me.

Can't wait to line up agianst Royal Engineers next season