The Strawberry Corner

Crumpy Gunt

Guest ToonUltra

Discrimination and equality has played its part in mixing it up. However, discrimination has wormed it's way back in and unequality has taken over. L7 pricks are all arseholes and should be shouted at and abused whenever they stand up and 'get in someones way'....next we will get complaints about standing up to let people out who feck off 15mins before the whistle. "Those f**king Level 7 wankas again"

I guess every new face in the corner is presumed to be a dick from the top. It's all pally pally in there.

ToonUltra you do have your view but let's put it another way. Let's say you are sitting on a full bus and an old lady gets on. Do you...

A) stay seated cos you like to sit leaving the frail old lady to stand uncomfortably

Or

B) give up ya seat to her because even though you don't like to its being a bit more respectful to others?

10 years ago most would probably choose b but reading comments in this thread it seems these days its the opposite way round.

This has no bearing on what we are talking about.

The leazes corner did not get closed due to persistent standing. The club done this to expand the family section and the away section. That was the excuse they give.

As far as your argument goes Hoppaz, it is way off the mark in terms of what we are talking about with regards to standing in a football match however, i do not lack respect for anyone apart from a guessable few. If a person asked me to sit from within the ground, i.e. if i was preventing them rom seeing the game then i would sit, no problem. However, im not getting any complaints nor am i getting nagged by the club. In this case, i stand. If i sat however i wouldnt see the game myself. The difference is, i dont go whinging on about it. If people want stuff doing about it, take seat numbers and report it via letter to the club...i dont think arguing on a messageboard with myself is really going to prevent 500 people from standing.

So that clearly lacks the message to supporters that those of you in L7 done this to yourselves. In that case they aren't doing enough then right?

Not whining on eh? Ironic stuff

Guest ToonUltra

ToonUltra you do have your view but let's put it another way. Let's say you are sitting on a full bus and an old lady gets on. Do you...

A) stay seated cos you like to sit leaving the frail old lady to stand uncomfortably

Or

B) give up ya seat to her because even though you don't like to its being a bit more respectful to others?

10 years ago most would probably choose b but reading comments in this thread it seems these days its the opposite way round.

This has no bearing on what we are talking about.

The leazes corner did not get closed due to persistent standing. The club done this to expand the family section and the away section. That was the excuse they give.

As far as your argument goes Hoppaz, it is way off the mark in terms of what we are talking about with regards to standing in a football match however, i do not lack respect for anyone apart from a guessable few. If a person asked me to sit from within the ground, i.e. if i was preventing them rom seeing the game then i would sit, no problem. However, im not getting any complaints nor am i getting nagged by the club. In this case, i stand. If i sat however i wouldnt see the game myself. The difference is, i dont go whinging on about it. If people want stuff doing about it, take seat numbers and report it via letter to the club...i dont think arguing on a messageboard with myself is really going to prevent 500 people from standing.

So that clearly lacks the message to supporters that those of you in L7 done this to yourselves. In that case they aren't doing enough then right?

Not whining on eh? Ironic stuff

Im pretty sure, judging by your input that you haven't read the previous posts?

I was stating that if standing is a problem, go and report it to the club with seat numbers etc of the offenders. When i was referring to whinging on, i was relating to the FACT that i dont whinge on about people standing in front of me. I just get on with it.

Once again, to many presumptions on here.

Discrimination and equality has played its part in mixing it up. However, discrimination has wormed it's way back in and unequality has taken over. L7 pricks are all arseholes and should be shouted at and abused whenever they stand up and 'get in someones way'....next we will get complaints about standing up to let people out who feck off 15mins before the whistle. "Those f**king Level 7 wankas again"

I guess every new face in the corner is presumed to be a dick from the top. It's all pally pally in there.

Me me me. You wondered why people aren't so welcoming yet?

Those poor L7-ers having to move, those poor L7-ers having to stand infront of people, those poor L7-ers being shouted at and abused. Poor you :(

Guest ToonUltra

Poor people having to stand.....

Mate, seriously, you aren't doing yourself or anyone pidgeon-holed into the L7 movers 'problem' any favours here.

For what reason do you come to that conclusion?

I was quoting where Johnny typed 'poor L7-ers having to stand in front of people'....poor people having to stand?. Why do we have to stand?

Guest Roger Kint

Mate, seriously, you aren't doing yourself or anyone pidgeon-holed into the L7 movers 'problem' any favours here.

I was quoting where Johnny typed 'poor L7-ers having to stand in front of people'....poor people having to stand?. Why do we have to stand?

You answered your own question with that stupid final question.

As in poor you for wanting to stand and getting shit for it.

FWIW I have no problem with standing just so long as it doesn't spoil other peoples match. Your view seems to be that if I have been moved from a place where I could stand then I am going to continue to do it even if it spoils the game for other people.

Instead of making people fight a new cause and have to report people, seat numbers etc. Why don't you just sit down and then take your own issue up with the club. After all you can still see the game seated without spoiling everyone's else's view.

Guest ToonUltra

I stand cause if i dont I cant see. But im not bothered, i stood for 2-3 years every other week in L7. Im not trying to be clever, I just asked the question why did Johnny type, poor L7-ers HAVING to stand in front of people? No one has to, people choose to which then has a knock on affect like it does for me.

Also I just want to add, apparently this 80 year old woman hasn't recieved any of this apparent abuse, and in fact was the one pointing fingers and calling people names (believe it or not  :lol:) Take what you want from that, but personally I trust the lad that said that over an article that's so clearly biased and one-sided, not to mention ill informed (toon ultras were behind it? ffs  :rolleyes:)

Aye no mention whatsoever of fans acting like that outside of the clearly biased article!

From Page 1:

Didn't appreciate some of the 'ultras' (i.e. 15-18 year old kids) trying to stand all the time, and when asked to sit down told us all to f**k off as they'd be there all season...despite the fact most the people around me have been ST holders for 20-30 years, and several of them have mobility issues so can't stand for the whole match.

And before I get a berating, the kids in front spent half the game with their backs turned to the match and instead were winding up the coppers and the stewards behind us.

Several people around my new seat weren't happy about the "level 7 lot" coming turning up and standing for the full game. The seat next to me was an old woman who's sat there for years but was forced to stand for the full game due to around 5 rows in front standing. I felt pretty bad for her because she did ask the people in front to sit down. She complained to stewards as well I think but they did nothing.

I must admit I didn't hear any abuse or name calling. All I heard was the people in front indicating that they wouldn't sit down because those in front of them wouldn't.

I stand cause if i dont I cant see. But im not bothered, i stood for 2-3 years every other week in L7. Im not trying to be clever, I just asked the question why did Johnny type, poor L7-ers HAVING to stand in front of people? No one has to, people choose to which then has a knock on affect like it does for me.

I just explained it man :lol:

Guest ToonUltra

Im not bothered if jack the lad behind cant see the game if im honest. He has as much right as i do but one thing im not doing is paying for the ticket then sitting looking at other peoples arses cause theyre standing in front of me. I could do that for free if i wanted. I pay to watch the match, standing or seating, not arsed. But i make sure i can see it. Otherwise im either portrayed as a whinging fecker telling people to sit down, or a L7 wanka for standing up......

Guest Roger Kint

Im not bothered if jack the lad behind cant see the game if im honest. He has as much right as i do but one thing im not doing is paying for the ticket then sitting looking at other peoples arses cause theyre standing in front of me. I could do that for free if i wanted. I pay to watch the match, standing or seating, not arsed. But i make sure i can see it. Otherwise im either portrayed as a whinging fecker telling people to sit down, or a L7 wanka for standing up......

Bravo for choosing wanker over being an adult.

Guest Roger Kint

Aren't all from L7 portrayed as tossers? Seemingly we are the ones causing problems here?

Not at all just the ones who are too thick to work out the functions of a plastic seat. Feel free to pretend its anthing other than the ones who are spoiling matches for other fans though as if it justifies your own actions.

Why did the L7 lot get moved? sorry I've been a way for a few years.

The club closed that section because they had to extend the away end and they chose to extend the family end at the same time.

Guest ToonUltra

to increase family enclosure and away capacity are the terms they used.

Guest Roger Kint

Extend the Family Section, forced extension of away allocation on the rare chance its needed. As the L7 is cheapest area its cost effective to have the subsidised fans located there. Oh hang on sorry thats the adult version....its cos Ashley hates singers innit!

The club closed that section because they had to extend the away end and they chose to extend the family end at the same time.

How many does the away end hold now? and what are they doing having away fans next to the family end?

Seems a perfect way for the club to pacify it's own supporters.

more coke, more snickers... [/billhicks]

I'm a level 7 dweller who has been relocated, however I'm not bleating on as if I have a divine right to stand and piss people off.  I relocated to the back of the Gallowgate for this very reason.  I like to stand during a football match.  I like to be able to jump around like a clown.  I don't however expect to make people stand if they don't want to.

The fact is, it's against Premier League ground regulations to allow persistent standing, whether we like it or not.  In L7 Singing section, en masse, it was impossible to police, hence why we used to get away with it.  God knows the stewards tried at the beginning.  I even saw one fan punched by a steward for not sitting.

I also understand the necessity to try and create an atmosphere and admire people who give it a damn good go (me and my mates try our best every game) but when you upset or piss people off around you by abuse or consistent foul language, you alienate those who come to football just to enjoy a good game and don't wish to shout themselves hoarse.

It's been explained/argued/discussed that these rules are wrong and safe standing is actually being raised in parliament.  The Bundesliga is a prime example of how easy it is to allow safe standing areas within football grounds without health and safety big wigs having a hissy fit, but until this time (many years down the line...if at all), ground regulations stipulate that you are not allowed to persistently stand.  There's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

The only thing I was saying against your posts was the way you think you have the right to put yourself in a ‘different league’ and that everything revolves around us L7 movers.  Unfortunately life is about compromise.  You give some, you take some.  There’s always a happy medium.

Football should be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of race/age/ability, however fundamentally it's the rules that are wrong but until they change, then I’m afraid we can’t do didilly squat.