The Strawberry Corner

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Roger Kint

At least the sound does not go up and out the roof now were down here. It will take time for people to adjust but i do think some respect should be sought to those who have sat here for years. Thing is, how do we know who they are....?

How about you treat everyone with respect just to be on the safe side? Just a thought.

As i said, the majority of Leazes Corner singers have all now resided in this corner. Not by choice, but by those above. This was orginally the signing corner years back. The original voices of the toon probs still sit here but have just outgrew that a bit. Not a problem. I think respect should be shown to everyone but that also coincides with how people have been angered at being forced to relocate and now are targets for banning orders. If the club were that bothered about this, why didnt they see it coming? The thing that annoys me most, while we are talking about respect, is the visiting fans. This is not across the board by the way, im targeting Sunderland here. When they visit in March the abundance of swearing, gestures and most probably non stop abuse will now be targeted at mams and dads bringing their kids into the family enclosure. Now people are suggesting throwing NUFC supporters out for standing? Why move the kids closer to abuse? Im not condoning abuse at the lady in question, i think thats out of order but why are we targets for standing?? I hold my hands up, i stand for 90mins, did in the leazes will do here but i will not hurl abuse about.

You really dont get it do you?

What about the first few back rows that stand? surely they wont get penalised as they aren't really obstructing peoples view, despite it being and 'offence' to stand  :rolleyes: I'm mentioning the backs rows 'cos my tickets in one of them!

Did you have a leaflet on you seat/row?

I couldn't tell you, I've missed the first two home games but will be there for the next one against Blackburn! :) I'm in the fourth row from the back, so I'd expect the first 3 or so rows stand?

Guest ToonUltra

At least the sound does not go up and out the roof now were down here. It will take time for people to adjust but i do think some respect should be sought to those who have sat here for years. Thing is, how do we know who they are....?

How about you treat everyone with respect just to be on the safe side? Just a thought.

As i said, the majority of Leazes Corner singers have all now resided in this corner. Not by choice, but by those above. This was orginally the signing corner years back. The original voices of the toon probs still sit here but have just outgrew that a bit. Not a problem. I think respect should be shown to everyone but that also coincides with how people have been angered at being forced to relocate and now are targets for banning orders. If the club were that bothered about this, why didnt they see it coming? The thing that annoys me most, while we are talking about respect, is the visiting fans. This is not across the board by the way, im targeting Sunderland here. When they visit in March the abundance of swearing, gestures and most probably non stop abuse will now be targeted at mams and dads bringing their kids into the family enclosure. Now people are suggesting throwing NUFC supporters out for standing? Why move the kids closer to abuse? Im not condoning abuse at the lady in question, i think thats out of order but why are we targets for standing?? I hold my hands up, i stand for 90mins, did in the leazes will do here but i will not hurl abuse about.

Don't get what?

I will sit if asked, i will not hurl abuse at anyone, whether it be stewards or the elderly. But when i sit after being told, i immediately stand back up....reason...cause i cant see due to people in front of me standing. Therefore i dont sit. Im not paying half a months wages to not be able to see the game.

Guest Roger Kint

What about the first few back rows that stand? surely they wont get penalised as they aren't really obstructing peoples view, despite it being and 'offence' to stand  :rolleyes: I'm mentioning the backs rows 'cos my tickets in one of them!

I couldn't tell you, I've missed the first two home games but will be there for the next one against Blackburn! :) I'm in the fourth row from the back, so I'd expect the first 3 or so rows stand?

Asking the wrong person mate, i dont sit there all i know is whats said here about leaflets. I would imagine its zero tolerance though otherwise anyone thrown out will use that as an excuse.

Asking the wrong person mate, i dont sit there all i know is whats said here about leaflets. I would imagine its zero tolerance though otherwise anyone thrown out will use that as an excuse.

:(

Guest bimpy474

Although i think you should be allowed to stand, as it is you are not allowed to by the rules, crap as they are, but should you not abide by those rules as the majority does ?

My second point is if you stand, then its the knock on affect, the person behind you then has to stand, and so on, eventually you will come to elderly or young fans who wont be able to see, because they cant stand up for 2 hours, or even when stood they cant see over rows of men.

There should be a standing area, but as i said the rules say there cant be, if there is a hardcore who refuse to sit, as someone said earlier, move them to the back so they block no ones view, a simple solution cannot be far away surely.

Guest Roger Kint

Don't get what?

I will sit if asked, i will not hurl abuse at anyone, whether it be stewards or the elderly. But when i sit after being told, i immediately stand back up....reason...cause i cant see due to people in front of me standing. Therefore i dont sit. Im not paying half a months wages to not be able to see the game.

How about asking them to sit down? This mythical respect we are discussing works both ways.

The standing issue could be addressed quite easily. Simply have 2 stewards on either aisle starting at pitch level. They ask the whole of row A to sit down - anyone not complying is ejected. Once row A is all sat down they move on to row B and so on. If anyone decides to stand as they work their way towards the top then security identify them and eject them.

I reckon it would take half an hour max to do the whole corner.

Guest bimpy474

The standing issue could be addressed quite easily. Simply have 2 stewards on either aisle starting at pitch level. They ask the whole of row A to sit down - anyone not complying is ejected. Once row A is all sat down they move on to row B and so on. If anyone decides to stand as they work their way towards the top then security identify them and eject them.

I reckon it would take half an hour max to do the whole corner.

:thup:

Simple and effective.

Guest bimpy474

Points taken....but surely that will mean employment of more stewards? I thought the £35m was spent.

I reckon there is still a few bob left over :D

80 year old women in the Gallowgate? WTF. No wonder the atmosphere is all but gone these days. In my day an 80 yr old woman, or man for that matter wouldn't have dared set foot inside the Leazes or Gallowgate End and would have been content with a nice seat, a blanket and a flask in the old west Stand or the East Stand leaving the younger lads to sing, shout and swear behind the goals. Over 65's get cheaper tickets anyway so should be forced into the East Stand or Milburn stands when they reach that age. No need for them to be taking up more category 2 priced tickets.  :fishing:

Points taken....but surely that will mean employment of more stewards? I thought the £35m was spent.

It would only need to happen at a few games to eject the persistent standers and the rest would fall into line. The fact is that if you stand for most of the match you're breaking the terms and conditions of your ticket. You've not got a leg to stand on. Pun intended. ;)

If I find that they become quite extreme with their handling in getting people to sit down, or the atmosphere in the corner dips considerably, I might just ask to get my ticket moved to the back of the Gallowgate- from what I read on here there seems to be a gathering up at the back there too; it could be less trouble too.

Guest ToonUltra

It would only need to happen at a few games to eject the persistent standers and the rest would fall into line. The fact is that if you stand for most of the match you're breaking the terms and conditions of your ticket. You've not got a leg to stand on. Pun intended. ;)

That is exactly why they shouldn't have shunted those intent on having a good time and jumping around like nuggets out of the top corner. Nobody was getting upset by people standing up there, apart from the stewards, I mean the away fans stand all of the time. Newcastle do it away from home. What about Peterborough away? A whole stand where we stood all game....as there was no seats.

Anyways, if you couldnt stand for longer than 2 hours for a game, you certainly couldnt make it up to levcel 7 in the first place so all round, everyone was a winner.

That is exactly why they shouldn't have shunted those intent on having a good time and jumping around like nuggets out of the top corner. Nobody was getting upset by people standing up there, apart from the stewards, I mean the away fans stand all of the time. Newcastle do it away from home. What about Peterborough away? A whole stand where we stood all game....as there was no seats.

Anyways, if you couldnt stand for longer than 2 hours for a game, you certainly couldnt make it up to levcel 7 in the first place so all round, everyone was a winner.

I can think of one highly influential person immediately...

Toon Ultras finished a few years ago, dunno why the fuck they're mentioned in that article and comments  ???  :facepalm:

So fucking glad I didn't renew. Football is becoming a chore, our club has alienated thousands of it's own fans through these actions. What a shame, the Leazes Corner was seemingly the peak of my matchday enjoyment, so fucking gutted we won't see anything like that at SJP again, atleast not for a very, very long time.  :no:

Its not a club its a police state

150 NUFC fans facing bans from St James'

by Dan Warburton, Evening ChronicleSep 1 2011

Comments (32)

Recommend (9)

]

UP to 150 Toon fans are facing sanctions from club officials after they violated stadium rules.

Newcastle United chiefs claim vile chants and abusive language have made life miserable for those sitting in the south east corner of St James’ Park.

In an effort to quell violent outbursts and threatening behaviour, the club’s security chief today confirmed they had issued letters to between 100 and 150 fans.

And those who have ignored repeated warnings over standing during games will receive a letter informing them they could be temporarily banned from St James’ Park.

Steve Storey, head of safety and security at St James’ Park, said: “Persistent standing is contrary to the ground regulations for every club in the country – it’s a condition of entry.

“Everybody accepts that, at times, there are moments of drama and excitement during every game. But there are a couple of hundred fans who want to stand irrespective to the views of others.”

A row broke out between club officials and fans after stadium chiefs revealed they intended to extend the upper tier of the family enclosure, increasing it from a 5,000 capacity to 6,500.

And the Toon Ultras who occupy the so-called “singing section” launched a co-ordinated effort to stay together elsewhere in the ground.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news//tm_headline=150-nufc-fans-facing-bans-from-st-james%26method=full%26objectid=29344193%26siteid=72703-name_page.html#.Tl-PKdoTQVx.twitter2011/09/01/150-nufc-fans-facing-bans-from-st-james-72703-29344193/2/2011/09/01/150-nufc-fans-facing-bans-from-st-james-72703-29344193/2/

Guest ToonUltra

Toon Ultras finished a few years ago, dunno why the f*** they're mentioned in that article and comments  ???  :facepalm:

So f***ing glad I didn't renew. Football is becoming a chore, our club has alienated thousands of it's own fans through these actions. What a shame, the Leazes Corner was seemingly the peak of my matchday enjoyment, so f***ing gutted we won't see anything like that at SJP again, atleast not for a very, very long time.  :no:

This...but i didn't mention anything about Toon Ultra's?

Guest ToonUltra

Toon Ultras finished a few years ago, dunno why the f*** they're mentioned in that article and comments  ???  :facepalm:

So f***ing glad I didn't renew. Football is becoming a chore, our club has alienated thousands of it's own fans through these actions. What a shame, the Leazes Corner was seemingly the peak of my matchday enjoyment, so f***ing gutted we won't see anything like that at SJP again, atleast not for a very, very long time.  :no:

This...but i didn't mention anything about Toon Ultra's?

woops.....just read the actual article. Shameful headhanging.

Also I just want to add, apparently this 80 year old woman hasn't recieved any of this apparent abuse, and in fact was the one pointing fingers and calling people names (believe it or not  :lol:) Take what you want from that, but personally I trust the lad that said that over an article that's so clearly biased and one-sided, not to mention ill informed (toon ultras were behind it? ffs  :rolleyes:)

Guest Roger Kint

Also I just want to add, apparently this 80 year old woman hasn't recieved any of this apparent abuse, and in fact was the one pointing fingers and calling people names (believe it or not  :lol:) Take what you want from that, but personally I trust the lad that said that over an article that's so clearly biased and one-sided, not to mention ill informed (toon ultras were behind it? ffs  :rolleyes:)

Aye no mention whatsoever of fans acting like that outside of the clearly biased article!

From Page 1:

Didn't appreciate some of the 'ultras' (i.e. 15-18 year old kids) trying to stand all the time, and when asked to sit down told us all to f**k off as they'd be there all season...despite the fact most the people around me have been ST holders for 20-30 years, and several of them have mobility issues so can't stand for the whole match.

And before I get a berating, the kids in front spent half the game with their backs turned to the match and instead were winding up the coppers and the stewards behind us.

Several people around my new seat weren't happy about the "level 7 lot" coming turning up and standing for the full game. The seat next to me was an old woman who's sat there for years but was forced to stand for the full game due to around 5 rows in front standing. I felt pretty bad for her because she did ask the people in front to sit down. She complained to stewards as well I think but they did nothing.

First quote is nowt to do with said woman, second quote says nothing about her getting abused. Next. Just to make it clear I'm only talking about the case of this one woman as thats the only one I've heard about, couldn't really comment on anything else  :thup: