The Strawberry Corner

Crumpy Gunt

The anti-Ashley stuff isnt the main point of it imo. That was coming from all parts of the ground! The fact is we had to extend the away section thanks to a stupid PL rule, he wanted to extend the family section as well which is a big success. Result? Either put both in separate areas of the ground which for away fans is just logistically daft. As for the family section, a standard ticket in the lower bowl is £560 a seat? Adult plus child working out at £400 for 2 seats? Ashley is a businessman, putting them in cheaper sections rather than lose money make perfect business sense to him.

Obviously thats a kick in the teeth for L7 fans forced to move and for more money but you can see the reasons.

It would make sense if the family enclosure was sold out all the time. More often than not the singing section was totally sold out last year and then the Milburn stand L7 had spaces all around.

Family stand is sold out to season ticket holders. Doesn't mean every seat is taken every week for example on Sunday my kids were at a party so i was at the match by myself.

Looked around 75% full at best on Sunday like.

I don't disagree, but it is sold out to Season Ticket Holders.

Also worth noting that the "youth" section of L7 Leazes is still quite lively and were singing throughout both the home games so far.

think i'll see a lot more of this, this season .... annoys me that i got kicked out of me seat when the chances are, most of the time the away section will be like this (albeit not quite as bad)

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/dj_wilson06/IMG-20110828-00105.jpg

The anti-Ashley stuff isnt the main point of it imo. That was coming from all parts of the ground! The fact is we had to extend the away section thanks to a stupid PL rule, he wanted to extend the family section as well which is a big success. Result? Either put both in separate areas of the ground which for away fans is just logistically daft. As for the family section, a standard ticket in the lower bowl is £560 a seat? Adult plus child working out at £400 for 2 seats? Ashley is a businessman, putting them in cheaper sections rather than lose money make perfect business sense to him.

Obviously thats a kick in the teeth for L7 fans forced to move and for more money but you can see the reasons.

It would make sense if the family enclosure was sold out all the time. More often than not the singing section was totally sold out last year and then the Milburn stand L7 had spaces all around.

Family stand is sold out to season ticket holders. Doesn't mean every seat is taken every week for example on Sunday my kids were at a party so i was at the match by myself.

Also worth noting that the "youth" section of L7 Leazes is still quite lively and were singing throughout both the home games so far.

Is it definitely sold out to season ticket holders? Noticed big gaps in there against Arsenal as well, too many for it to be put down to people not being able to make it. The online ticket system always greys out all of Level 7 even though the 18-21 section looks just over half full and definitely isn't sold out and they also grey out the entire North West corner (Levels 2 and 4) and they have only been around 60% full for both games so far.

Is it definitely sold out to season ticket holders? Noticed big gaps in there against Arsenal as well, too many for it to be put down to people not being able to make it. The online ticket system always greys out all of Level 7 even though the 18-21 section looks just over half full and definitely isn't sold out and they also grey out the entire North West corner (Levels 2 and 4) and they have only been around 60% full for both games so far.

I thought the reason it was extended was because it was sold out?

Again, Arsenal game i had no one sitting in the 5 seats to my right but the regular ST holders who sit in them were back for the Fulham game.

Holidays, bank Holiday weekend, change of KO date and time were all factors this weekend just gone.

Again, Arsenal game i had no one sitting in the 5 seats to my right but the regular ST holders who sit in them were back for the Fulham game.

Holidays, bank Holiday weekend, change of KO date and time were all factors this weekend just gone.

Remember Llambias saying it was sold out but i'm not sure that wasn't just to give them another excuse for dispanding those in L7 because there were big gaps in there last season as well, although nowhere near as bad as this season.

Their decision not to sell tickets for Levels 2 and 4 in the NW Corner and those seats directly below the away fans is also a bit strange.

Remember Llambias saying it was sold out but i'm not sure that wasn't just to give them another excuse for dispanding those in L7 because there were big gaps in there last season as well, although nowhere near as bad as this season.

Their decision not to sell tickets for Levels 2 and 4 in the NW Corner and those seats directly below the away fans is also a bit strange.

Level 2 + 4 NW was pretty sparse at the weekend.

The block directly beneath the away fans was supposed to be a posher family area last season but i don't think they had a big enough interest in it for it to take off. The tickets were more expensive there than in Milburn L7 for starters for a view from high up behind the goal rather than side on.

The only time there's been anyone in that section has been for the games where we've had gates close to capacity or a couple of games last season when soldiers and their families were sat there after being on the pitch being welcomed home from Afghanistan.

total mess, if they had gave us a section....like we tried to get, or even better let us stay where we were rather than kicking us out...there'd be no fuss.

I totally agree people shouldnt be standing regardless of what the people around them want, total disrespect for people have been sat there ages.  Dont know why but i really cant believe that a group turned round and verbally abused an 80 year old woman because she wanted them to sit down...and if they did, fuck temporary bans they should be banned permanently

Guest Roger Kint

From Page 1:

Didn't appreciate some of the 'ultras' (i.e. 15-18 year old kids) trying to stand all the time, and when asked to sit down told us all to f**k off as they'd be there all season...despite the fact most the people around me have been ST holders for 20-30 years, and several of them have mobility issues so can't stand for the whole match.

And before I get a berating, the kids in front spent half the game with their backs turned to the match and instead were winding up the coppers and the stewards behind us.

Several people around my new seat weren't happy about the "level 7 lot" coming turning up and standing for the full game. The seat next to me was an old woman who's sat there for years but was forced to stand for the full game due to around 5 rows in front standing. I felt pretty bad for her because she did ask the people in front to sit down. She complained to stewards as well I think but they did nothing.

Guest michaelfoster

thats awful about the 80 year old woman if true, and they have every right to ban fans who stand as they know its not allowed

Guest ToonUltra

At least the sound does not go up and out the roof now were down here. It will take time for people to adjust but i do think some respect should be sought to those who have sat here for years. Thing is, how do we know who they are....?

“She asked them to sit down but she was verbally abused. She had to leave five minutes into the second half.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/01/150-nufc-fans-facing-bans-from-st-james-72703-29344193/2/#ixzz1Whq8OGF4

if true they should just be banned without even a warning. no doubt one or two will say she should just fuck off and move.

Guest Roger Kint

At least the sound does not go up and out the roof now were down here. It will take time for people to adjust but i do think some respect should be sought to those who have sat here for years. Thing is, how do we know who they are....?

That a joke?

“She asked them to sit down but she was verbally abused. She had to leave five minutes into the second half.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/01/150-nufc-fans-facing-bans-from-st-james-72703-29344193/2/#ixzz1Whq8OGF4

if true they should just be banned without even a warning. no doubt one or two will say she should just f*** off and move.

Definitely.

Guest Roger Kint

"Sit down and behave yourself" sang many, many times to opposition fans.

The irony now is rancid :(

Its only ironic if sitting down prevented your voice from working

I hope the stewards weren't using seat numbers as a way of identifying the wankers. By all accounts the pricks were just standing wherever they liked and loads of people had to move just to watch the game.

How about you treat everyone with respect just to be on the safe side? Just a thought.

What about the first few back rows that stand? surely they wont get penalised as they aren't really obstructing peoples view, despite it being and 'offence' to stand  :rolleyes: I'm mentioning the backs rows 'cos my tickets in one of them!

Guest Roger Kint

What about the first few back rows that stand? surely they wont get penalised as they aren't really obstructing peoples view, despite it being and 'offence' to stand  :rolleyes: I'm mentioning the backs rows 'cos my tickets in one of them!

Did you have a leaflet on you seat/row?

Guest bimpy474

if true they should just be banned without even a warning. no doubt one or two will say she should just f*** off and move.

When i read things like abuse of elderly or anyone for that matter, just for asking them to sit down, i wish i was some sort Rambo type figure, i could give the clip around the ear that they should have already been given by their so called parents.

You teach your children manners, manners which they should take through life and pass on the their own kids. I hate at times the way this country has become especially over the last 10 or so years, there is zero respect for anyone nowadays.

If they abuse a 80 year old lady (or anyone else) for asking them to sit down, instant life ban and thats the least they deserve.

Guest ToonUltra

How about you treat everyone with respect just to be on the safe side? Just a thought.

As i said, the majority of Leazes Corner singers have all now resided in this corner. Not by choice, but by those above. This was orginally the signing corner years back. The original voices of the toon probs still sit here but have just outgrew that a bit. Not a problem. I think respect should be shown to everyone but that also coincides with how people have been angered at being forced to relocate and now are targets for banning orders. If the club were that bothered about this, why didnt they see it coming? The thing that annoys me most, while we are talking about respect, is the visiting fans. This is not across the board by the way, im targeting Sunderland here. When they visit in March the abundance of swearing, gestures and most probably non stop abuse will now be targeted at mams and dads bringing their kids into the family enclosure. Now people are suggesting throwing NUFC supporters out for standing? Why move the kids closer to abuse? Im not condoning abuse at the lady in question, i think thats out of order but why are we targets for standing?? I hold my hands up, i stand for 90mins, did in the leazes will do here but i will not hurl abuse about.