Newcastle United 2 - 1 Fulham - 28/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 48

Dave

Guest RowanB

Atmosphere today was appalling at times, very quiet.  When a big set of away fans come to SJP for a Saturday 3pm it will be awful just hearing them sing all match.  Animosity between home fines in SE corner of those wanting to sing/stand and others wanting to spectate/sit was also apparent in my opinion, perhaps this is what Ashley wants...

As for the match, bad first half, not much better second and the 2-1 scoreline flattered us.  Had Fulham scored in the first half I couldn't see us fighting back, and I am very surprised they didn't manage to! The space some of their players had today was dreadful, and Colo whilst one of our better players would press their midfield with no one filling his CB position, leaving STaylor with 2 men and RTaylor needing to come in to cover Colo.

I just HATE the attitude of people that have a go at you for trying to create a bit of atmosphere. Even if I'm sitting down singing, people moan about it. Do they actually want the ground to be silent? I don't even bother with home games  a lot of the time because they're so boring. What's the point? Why not just find an internet stream if you're only interested in watching the match? Much better view. It's largely thanks to the attitude of people that sneer at those that are trying to inspire atmosphere with comments like 'is this your first match?' 'wrong game mate', or look at you like you're committing a crime that football crowds are declining all over the country. You've got to remember that football culture is largely a product of raucous crowds from decades ago and it makes sense that the stifling of atmospheres will cause the erosion of that culture and thereby, the demise of the terrace football fan.

It's got to the point where I enjoy listening to away fans sing stuff like 'where's your famous atmosphere?' and 'your support if fkn sht' because most fans at St James' deserve that abuse! lol

Having said all that, St James's Park is thankfully a lot louder than most grounds on average, because there are enough regular attendees that want to sing.

Atmosphere today was appalling at times, very quiet.  When a big set of away fans come to SJP for a Saturday 3pm it will be awful just hearing them sing all match.  Animosity between home fines in SE corner of those wanting to sing/stand and others wanting to spectate/sit was also apparent in my opinion, perhaps this is what Ashley wants...

As for the match, bad first half, not much better second and the 2-1 scoreline flattered us.  Had Fulham scored in the first half I couldn't see us fighting back, and I am very surprised they didn't manage to! The space some of their players had today was dreadful, and Colo whilst one of our better players would press their midfield with no one filling his CB position, leaving STaylor with 2 men and RTaylor needing to come in to cover Colo.

I just HATE the attitude of people that have a go at you for trying to create a bit of atmosphere. Even if I'm sitting down singing, people moan about it. Do they actually want the ground to be silent? I don't even bother with home games  a lot of the time because they're so boring. What's the point? Why not just find an internet stream if you're only interested in watching the match? Much better view. It's largely thanks to the attitude of people that sneer at those that are trying to inspire atmosphere with comments like 'is this your first match?' 'wrong game mate', or look at you like you're committing a crime that football crowds are declining all over the country. You've got to remember that football culture is largely a product of raucous crowds from decades ago and it makes sense that the stifling of atmospheres will cause the erosion of that culture and thereby, the demise of the terrace football fan.

It's got to the point where I enjoy listening to away fans sing stuff like 'where's your famous atmosphere?' and 'your support if fkn sht' because most fans at St James' deserve that abuse! lol

Having said all that, St James's Park is thankfully a lot louder than most grounds on average, because there are enough regular attendees that want to sing.

when im at the match and shouting and singing and some dullard tries to be a clever cunt, i go out my way to sing and shout more- right in thier ear hole if I can. One bloke called me chewbacca last season... :lol:

Guest RowanB

Atmosphere today was appalling at times, very quiet.  When a big set of away fans come to SJP for a Saturday 3pm it will be awful just hearing them sing all match.  Animosity between home fines in SE corner of those wanting to sing/stand and others wanting to spectate/sit was also apparent in my opinion, perhaps this is what Ashley wants...

As for the match, bad first half, not much better second and the 2-1 scoreline flattered us.  Had Fulham scored in the first half I couldn't see us fighting back, and I am very surprised they didn't manage to! The space some of their players had today was dreadful, and Colo whilst one of our better players would press their midfield with no one filling his CB position, leaving STaylor with 2 men and RTaylor needing to come in to cover Colo.

I just HATE the attitude of people that have a go at you for trying to create a bit of atmosphere. Even if I'm sitting down singing, people moan about it. Do they actually want the ground to be silent? I don't even bother with home games  a lot of the time because they're so boring. What's the point? Why not just find an internet stream if you're only interested in watching the match? Much better view. It's largely thanks to the attitude of people that sneer at those that are trying to inspire atmosphere with comments like 'is this your first match?' 'wrong game mate', or look at you like you're committing a crime that football crowds are declining all over the country. You've got to remember that football culture is largely a product of raucous crowds from decades ago and it makes sense that the stifling of atmospheres will cause the erosion of that culture and thereby, the demise of the terrace football fan.

when im at the match and shouting and singing and some dullard tries to be a clever c***, i go out my way to sing and shout more- right in thier ear hole if I can. One bloke called me chewbacca last season... :lol:

when im at the match and shouting and singing and some dullard tries to be a clever c***, i go out my way to sing and shout more- right in thier ear hole if I can. One bloke called me chewbacca last season... :lol:

haha :) Like this post.

Just seen this photo from the telegraph match report...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01982/leon_best_1982707c.jpg

Didn't realise Fulham brought so few supporters up.

We were in the Sports Bar section, and couldn't see where they were, but did wonder why the Fulham players were clapping towards the corner, rather then just behind the goal.

Christ, that looks like 250 people :lol;