Newcastle United 2 - 1 Fulham - 28/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 48

Dave

Love the mentality of putting temporary Sports Direct advertising up next to the away fans btw. Under what circumstances would the cameras be trained up there? Oh yeah, if we concede. :lol:

Never one to miss an opportunity the fat c***.

with the positioning of it over empty seats, it is like he is advertising our inability to sell out...i look forward to the days of preseason games where all of level 7 is closed off for friendlies with a massive Sports Direct banner, or atleast a few No Fear ones...

Chuffed with the game today. Atmosphere was decent, and thought we played pretty well in spells. Impressed with how well we kept hold of the ball.

Krul 8 - Top class saves again.

Simpson 5 - Not as bad as he was against Scunthorpe.

S.Taylor 8 - Looks much more accomplished at centre back these days.

Coloccini 8 - Top class again, standard from him.

R.Taylor 6 - Solid performance, but against Duff who is shit.

Obertan 5 - Did ok, caused the odd problem for them. Good ball to Ba in build up to the 2nd goal.

Tiote 7 - Getting up to speed slowly.

Cabaye 9 - Quality throughout. The 1st goal may have been Best's but it was all thanks to him.

Jonas 6 - Decent, same as always, wish he'd just shoot or put a ball in the box.

Lovenkrands 4 - Did he do anything? At all?

Best 8 - 1st goal tap in, but 2nd was very well taken. Fantastic in the air.

Ba 7 - Much better today, unlucky not to score and nice assist for the 2nd goal.

Vuckic - Was excited when he came on, gutted about his injury.

Smith 5 - And even more gutted that this twat came on. He's still gash.

1st half was pathetic, besides the last 5 minutes. Fulham raped us in possession, but since they are s***, they didn't take advantage of it. Also our defensive unit looks like football players nowadays. And 3 points is all we need.

Krul 9 - Top saves throughout, sloppy on one occasion.

Simpson 5 - Good going forward, but s*** at defending, and he had a shitload of passes gone missing today. Crosses went into the box though.

Saylor  8 - quality all game, some tremendouse challenges when others (w)couldn't get their foot in

Colo 8 - Like a boss....again

Raylor 6 - Mostly average stuff going on, but he has a very decent right foot. caught out once or twice, think it was duff had a pop and it megged him, about a yard wide of the post, scary! but he's he doing a decent job

Obertan 6 - imo.....diabolical 1st half, seemed scared to run at them,left me wondering where this pace was that he was gona inject in the team?

Cabaye 7 - love the bloke, lot of good passes, but again for me in the 1st half i thought it was probably his worst performance for us so far (including the friendlys)

Tiote 6 - I'm his biggest fan, but that first half was horrible.

Jonas 7 - sang his praises since he came, offers so much to us despite people whinging about his final ball  :rolleyes: another good performance

Best 8 - not my favourite player, seemed to be scared in the 1st half...s**** first touch.... stepped up in the second half, took his goals well.....the little 'besty flick' was immense before he knocked in the 2nd. Has to be miles in front of Shola.

Løvenkrands 4 - anonymous, was dying for vuckic to come on

Vuckic 6 - i think he deserves more time than he's getting, would like to see him covering 'the hole' while ben arfa's out....well impressed over pre-season and would like to see him given a proper chance

Smith 2 -  ???

just edited bits of it for my view  :thup: few bits i agree with

Whilst he's generally a knob, Luke Edwards has written a good report in The Telegraph.

General gist is that feeling remains that positive start is papering over the squad deficiencies and sense that all is not quite right.

Have to agree tbh.

Course you do, you're a miserable bastard.

No need, tbh. His opinion is as valid as anyone elses.

FWIW, I agree - Luke Edwards' write-up is pretty damn accurate.

1st half was pathetic, besides the last 5 minutes. Fulham raped us in possession, but since they are s***, they didn't take advantage of it. Also our defensive unit looks like football players nowadays. And 3 points is all we need.

Krul 8 - Top saves throughout, sloppy on one occasion.

Simpson 5 - Good going forward, but s*** at defending, and he had a shitload of passes gone missing today. Crosses went into the box though.

Saylor 7 - Good performance, getting better at suddenly not being s*** on three or four occasions during a game. Great strength.

Colo 8 - Like a boss.

Raylor 6 - Mostly average stuff going on, but he has a very decent right foot. Swap with Danny on LB and get this f***ing Dutchman on a plane.

Obertan 6 - Running brilliantly down the flank at times, but tends to be out of ideas. Much better than last game though, and he can defend.

Cabaye 7 - Put on a show. Great long range shots and tidy passing. Also a very good tackler. Promising stuff.

Tiote 6 - I'm his biggest fan, but that first half was horrible. Got better as the game went on though, and intercepted perfectly a couple of times in the 2nd half. Covers huge areas.

Jonas 7 - Not that s*** in the 1st half like most of the team, and great in the 2nd. Has an immense engine, and is finding team mates with his passes/crosses more than usual. Tireless.

Best 8 - Showing some great technique and calmness. Also took his goals well. Has to be miles in front of Shola.

Løvenkrands 4 - Quite hopeless, but not beyond s***. He's not contributing, and can't offer anything on this level. Just running around like a deer and comically "tackling" players. Get rid.

Ba 6 - Decent. Tasty shot that nearly went in, and set up the 2nd goal. Why is Cuntenkrands playing in stead of him? :lol:

Vuckic 6 - Looked a class act in that short period of time. Passing was great and he has a sexyness about his game.

Smith 2 - :iamatwat: Did he do anything besides being s*** again? Yellow card, yes...yes.

Pardew 7 - Shouldn't play Løvenkrands, and Smith should never be near a field. Nothing else to complain about though. Looks like he knows what he's doing. Calm down, the striker and the left back are coming.  :troll:

Raped us in posession? First 20 minutes maybe, but after that we kept the ball really well without doing anything with it.

It was obvious that we struggled in the first half. I should have specified that. They weren't creating anything, but they saw far more of the ball than us in the first half. I don't know why, really. Just a collection of rejects thrown together keeping the ball from the likes of Cabaye and Tiote. It was depressing at first, but we regained possession, and finished them off. When Tiote got into Tiotemode, it was no denying it. I don't understand why Fulham is "rated" (as in a comfortable top 11-13 side). They have nothing to offer.

It was obvious that we struggled in the first half. I should have specified that. They weren't creating anything, but they saw far more of the ball than us in the first half. I don't know why, really. Just a collection of rejects thrown together keeping the ball from the likes of Cabaye and Tiote. It was depressing at first, but we regained possession, and finished them off. When Tiote got into Tiotemode, it was no denying it. I don't understand why Fulham is "rated" (as in a comfortable top 11-13 side). They have nothing to offer.

they're solid if unspectacular usually and their recent record vs us isn't good from our point of view. Got a few ageing legs now though

they're solid if unspectacular usually and their recent record vs us isn't good from our point of view. Got a few ageing legs now though

They're a decent home side, and gets credit for having dealt with top sides there the last couple of years. And Hangeland is kind of class.

Jonas played almost always against two men when attacking, Duff was always there helping Baird. Considering that I think he did alright attacking and great as always defensively. He's really undroppable to us IMO. Maybe we can use Marveaux on the left side of centermidfield when playing 4-5-1/4-3-3.

They're a decent home side, and gets credit for having dealt with top sides there the last couple of years. And Hangeland is kind of class.

I really don't get why in the last 5 seasons why Fulham are so consistently awful away from home

Guest michaelfoster

said to my mate at the time but wanted to see it again before i posted here, Coloccini was nowhere near his man to try and win the header when fulham scored

I was at work again (arsenal, Sunderland & Fulham) so didn't see the match but we looked awesome from the highlights considering this is just the type of game we don't turn up too.

Krul, Cabaye, Best & Ba doing really well in the highlights, while Obertan looking like he could be useful. Could we be actually piecing a decent team together? Get Roux and Santon types and it could Be a cracker of a season.

Krul, Cabaye, Best & Ba doing really well in the highlights, while Obertan looking like he could be useful. Could we be actually piecing a decent team together? Get Roux and Santon types and it could Be a cracker of a season.

was woeful in the first half

highlights were deceiving

Was wondering about Obertan like. Didn't see the game; me Dad said he was a liability for the most part, looked really useful going off the highlights though.

And that is why watching a TV highlights programme is no substitute for being at the match for the full 90 minutes.

Was wondering about Obertan like. Didn't see the game; me Dad said he was a liability for the most part, looked really useful going off the highlights though.

And that is why watching a TV highlights programme is no substitute for being at the match for the full 90 minutes.

Fairly confident you're on the wind-up like, but the 'that' that you're referring to, was simply a statement that i was unsure about his performance. For reasons you have subsequently identified.

Cheer up. :thup:

He was hit and miss. Did some very good and difficult things and then some quite strange stuff as well. Promising, raw and lacking in a little self-belief. He's a very useful looking counter attacker.