Newcastle United 2 - 1 Fulham - 28/08/11 - post-match reaction from page 48

Dave

Very good to see someone attempt to injure Lovenkrands during the celebrations too. Shame they couldn't have got a better hit in; he'd have been off ten minutes earlier.

Clashed heads with Best (I think).

I couldn't stop laughing about it :lol: Injured in a goal celebration that wasn't even his goal ffs :lol:

Krul - 8 Class except from his positioning at 2-1

Simpson - 4

Saylor - 7

Colo - 7

Raylor - 6

Obertan - 6

Cabaye - 7

Tiote - 5

Jonas - 6

Best - 8

Loven - 4

Ba - 7

Vuckic - N/A

Smith - 4

Few words - firstly the warm up was really unconvincing. Loose passing, over-hit balls, and Sammy missed about 10 shots in a row before finally putting one in.

Doesn't mean much.  Carroll used to look like a Sunday league play in the warm up.

Guest Milburnthedog

Don't let the win gloss over the massive failing we have as a team and squad. Few can pass accurately, we can't keep the ball well enough or for long enough and we'll struggle for goals this season. Without some serious re investment this is going to be a very long season. 42K crowd today, very poor for us and the message is getting home to fans that we're going to struggle and the entertainment isn't good.

Today was very flat and there was little to cheer / get excited about. So pleased we have 7 points on the board as I have a feeling we're going to need them. The attendance for Blackburn is going to be interesting.

1 match with completely empty seats (well, let's say 2.000 because some would never stay outside after paying their tickets) and maybe something would change. Just my opinion obviosly.

Knowing Ashley, he'd probably wouldn't care or would be happy as he could reduce the costs of stewards and cleaners.

how low would the crowds have to drop before Ashley realises the Fans need to see ambition?

never going to happen

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/003/617/okayguy.jpg?1283381711

I can't believe how low the attendance was today. It makes you wonder just how many people are getting fed up of this regime and packing it in.

Around 2,500 empty Fulham seats mind (I think this is right, there were only 433 of them there today and the minimum is apparently 3,000). So we were about 7,500 home fans below capacity.

1838: NEWCASTLE 2-1 FULHAM

Alistair Magowan reports: "Leon Best scored twice as Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew showed his adeptness of galvanising a team growing used to losing its key players."

Made me chuckle. Like we're classy hobos :laugh:

The low attendance was obvious from the TV pictures, a massive gap in the Milburn. By the way, what the hell have they done to the dugouts?

what value would the club have if he pissed all the fans off?

Guest BooBoo

Crap opposition, few away fans, poor kick off time and people still on holiday will all have contributed to the low attendance.

And that's just before we get to the Ashley factor.

Crap opposition, few away fans, poor kick off time and people still on holiday will all have contributed to the low attendance.

And that's just before we get to the Ashley factor.

its the ashley factor im trying to start an argument about???