SWP Offers

Skirge

I'd like us to go for him in the summer, but he'll be gone by then and i just like him far too much for us not to go for him in January.

It bases entirely on what funds we have. If we've got the money for SWP plus another £6/7m, then it's alright. Plus - i'm sick to the hind teeth of the Milner speculation. He hasn't lived up to expectations this season, and i think he'd probably jump at the chance of going to Villa, so the whole 'keep Milner because he'll be great in a couple of years' policy goes out of the window to be honest.

So, sell Milner.

And if we were to do that, Shaun Wright-Phillips is such a brilliant player, i just think we'd be daft not to go for him. SWP, Dyer, Zoggy and Martins is just the fastest attack on the planet - we'd be absolutely lethal going forward. And if we can bring in a cheap targetman, like Viduka - just someone cheap and capable, perhaps even on a loan deal, to bolster the attacking options. There's goals in this team anyway, we saw that at the weekend. Dyer/Martins/Emre/etc were just mightily unlucky.

Shaun Wright-Phillips would improve our team immensely. But again, it all depends on funds. If we've got £10m to spend in January (which i think is more than enough to sufficiently improve our squad for the rest of the season), don't buy him.

If we've got funds:

OUT:

Milner - £4m

Luque (let's face it) - £3m

IN:

SWP - £10m

Viduka - £1m

A left-back. No idea who that could be at the moment, to be honest.

We don't need a new right-back now that we've got Nobby happily playing there. Roeder won't go after a right-back anyway cos he fancies Carr.

Verdict:

£10m+ in January: Definitely

£10m in January: No Thanks

No i wouldn't like us to go for him in the summer, as i believe it will take our focus of much needed areas. Should we tie up deals for a couple of defenders and another cheap striker preferably Sibierski the second then we can focus elsewhere.