SWP Offers

Skirge

If we get £6mill for Luque and around the same for Milner then theres  £12 mill, and if we do have £10 mill already then there's our £22mill and don't forget Fred has not given up on getting the £20mill from the FA over Owen injury.

Even if the FA agree but pay it over a few years Fred can still borrow it from elsewhere.

No idea mate, we are always kept in the dark over how much is there to be spent, the only clue we ever get is the guess work from Anal.

City interest in SWP confirmed..

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce claims he could be in the market to bring Shaun Wright-Phillips back to The City of Manchester Stadium.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon revealed on Monday that The Blues would be willing to listen to offers for a player who has found himself on the periphery at Stamford Bridge.

Wright-Phillips has started just 15 matches in 16 months since joining the club from City in a £21 million transfer in the summer of 2005.

City would face competition from West Ham who have already shown their hand regarding interest in the player.

But Pearce believes the prospect of England internationals Wright-Phillips and Micah Richards in tandem would be an opportunity too good to refuse for his club - provided the City board are of the same mind.

"If a price was set and Chelsea were prepared to sell him, just think what a big lift it would give everyone here for Shaun to walk back through the door," said Pearce.

"You would have to go some to have a combination of Shaun and Micah (Richards) playing on the same side of the pitch.

"The question is whether Chelsea would want to sell him, after that it is something for our board to decide."

Wright-Phillips's form at Chelsea, though hampered by limited opportunities, has been poor, but Pearce is sure the player could recapture the promise he showed at City during his first spell, were he to return to his old stamping ground.

"I have no doubt about that," he said.

"He is a very level-headed lad. He is the same kid he was when he first broke into the Manchester City team some years ago."

Guest Gemmill

If we get £6mill for Luque and around the same for Milner then theres  £12 mill, and if we do have £10 mill already then there's our £22mill and don't forget Fred has not given up on getting the £20mill from the FA over Owen injury.

Even if the FA agree but pay it over a few years Fred can still borrow it from elsewhere.

Skirge man, you've already got my vote for most optimistic poster.  You can stop now!

Skirge man, you've already got my vote for most optimistic poster.  You can stop now!

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif :thup:

I'll send you some of my faith for Crimbo mate :D

Ive seen alot of papers quote between 2.5-4 for luque and about 3-5 for milner if we were to take top estimates it woulc come to about 8-9 this would only make a half decent bid for SWP so lets not kid oursleves if we are going to sell then we need to do two things first

1. make sure we have a decent squad member as a replacement or are expected to go out and purchase one (so it makes financial or football sense though) i.e dont replace a talent for an old talent for cheap as you need to sort the problem out again and soon.

so in terms of luque if we play him wide left then we have the zogg and duff, upfront we have minimal to actually argue to get rid of him but if we already have kitty for a striker then i say bye bye.

as for milner if we can think of him as wide right we have sol and dyer i would say thats pritty good cover but he is younger than both and i feel he is worth keeping in the squad, again if you think back to the olden days and him as a striker i think if this is where we are wanting to play him then we may as well get rid now as he doesnt have the talents up front to make it as a striker and we will never play 3 up front so keeping him as a right sided attacker is no good either.

2. make sure you are getting value for money, a loss on luque is inevitable he isnt going to get the run of games and although he is seen highly in spain there seems to be weakened interest comming from that direction and half the value we paid figures comming out with it. as for milner good guy good professional tries his hardest some how i dont know got over being ripped away from the pocket of villa but has moved on i think the board need to think long and hard if they are going to toy with him again if they want rid they want rid not putting a sale through as long as we can get the money together for X,Y and Z also we have to ask ourselves what FFS would do with the money put it towards SWP of blow the 4 mil on a bid for a viduka, an ageing while talented player would only give us one or two seasons when we need a constant strike force like in the days of shearer and sir les

There are no words for how much I want SWP back at City. Unlike Newcastle our problems lie very much in attacking areas - We desperately need quality in creative areas and if we could have SWP '04 back we would be massively better off for it. We could have Trabelsi (Who is rediculously awesome) at full back and put Richards in at centre half if Distin walks or is used to raise a little money to make it happen. Not to mention, the attendances will be up again due to the increased excitement...We'd be stupid not to try and sign him!

Unfortunately I think there might be a little bad blood between him and us now - Not only is there is a theory (that I don't subscibe to) that he was forced out by the money men - but I believe there is a little animosity over how we offloaded his brother, who didn't really want to go. I think out of the suggested parties mentioned in this thread (Us, yous, West Ham) he will probably go to West Ham if they are willing, but I hope we make an effort.

Guest theunis

True Skirge

When Luque goes we hopefully will get some money back and buy some prem players, Milner will probably hand in transfer request. So we need to replace Milner and get a decent striker in, but hell need defenders. I just hope Rouder keeps playing Nobby at RB.

Chances SWP will come here i think is none

btw u think Nobby is happy playing RB?

Guest TheOrder

There are no words for how much I want SWP back at City. Unlike Newcastle our problems lie very much in attacking areas - We desperately need quality in creative areas and if we could have SWP '04 back we would be massively better off for it. We could have Trabelsi (Who is rediculously awesome) at full back and put Richards in at centre half if Distin walks or is used to raise a little money to make it happen. Not to mention, the attendances will be up again due to the increased excitement...We'd be stupid not to try and sign him!

Unfortunately I think there might be a little bad blood between him and us now - Not only is there is a theory (that I don't subscibe to) that he was forced out by the money men - but I believe there is a little animosity over how we offloaded his brother, who didn't really want to go. I think out of the suggested parties mentioned in this thread (Us, yous, West Ham) he will probably go to West Ham if they are willing, but I hope we make an effort.

Our problem has been our attacking threat too, defensivley, we've been steady.

Our problem has been our attacking threat too, defensivley, we've been steady.

Well, I can't see any major attacking signings on the horizon for you at the moment - You have plenty of players in midfield and up front the return of Dyer, the form (ahem) of Sibierski, and next season the return of Owen and Ameobi, I can only see a stopgap signing up front. I know the defensive record isn't that bad but there's a lot of shite in the personnel back there that will need replacing sooner or later.

We don't need SWP, just like we didn't/don't need Duff. And like Duff, SWP is vastly over rated. Lets concentrate on areas of the team that REALLY do need sorting out, like a new back four! With Pearson now working with Roeder, I think we may move for Curtis Davies, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Im wondering if we may be able to get Jankulovski on loan from Milan or signed for a decent price..Anyone knows if he has been playing recently? At least he can pass the ball and is good going forward..

It´s quite hard to find a LB these days that are not overpriced or shit...Anyone else has a LB in mind?

Im wondering if we may be able to get Jankulovski on loan from Milan or signed for a decent price..Anyone knows if he has been playing recently? At least he can pass the ball and is good going forward..

It´s quite hard to find a LB these days that are not overpriced or shit...Anyone else has a LB in mind?

For LB's & Rb's id go Greek & German.

Seem to produce a good standard in those areas Imo.

Usually good defenders, with good height and strength (not absolute necessary but a bonus) and usually steady going forward.

Big fan of (RB) Seitaridis (soz for spelling) was class at Porto, didn't like Russia and failed to settle, and i think he's currently in Spain. There's another Greek lad who's younger and a LB and looks like a clone, but i have no idea who he was???

We should go for these options imo.

Guest theunis

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=159909

Arsenal face bidding war with West Ham and Man City

12:24 November, 28, 2006

The Gunners certainly need to add more width to their attacks, so no surprise that a long-term transfer target is back on the radar.

Mail The FansFC Editor

Send This Article To A Friend

Post Your View on The Msg Board

Chelsea right winger Shaun Wright-Phillips has been targeted by the Hammers and Man City, so it won’t be cheap to prise the £21m signing away from the Stamford Bridge.

Arsene Wenger admitted in 2005: "I like him but we are in a market where you let Chelsea make decisions and then come in after.

"There is a price for Chelsea and a price for everybody else and that is why we have to wait until they decide."

Hence, Wright-Phillips ended up at Chelsea.

This time the bookie believe the England international will become a Hammer, but interestingly Arsenal are joint second favourites to land him.

It may be a blessing being out of the title race for Arsenal, as Chelsea would be reluctant to sell to championship challengers.

Now through in Arsenal in there, but Wenger said he wount be buying Jan

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

If we sell Milner then we should replace him with Ashley Young, reckon we could pick him up for half of what SWP goes for.

Would definately want us to go for him, but only if we get some defenders in too.

We need goals from midfield, and by that I dont mean that we need technically-shit-goalscoring central midfielders like Cahill or Nolan. We need more goals coming from the wide positions, because right now there is virtually none. An on form SWP is worth at least 10 goals, we saw that at City.

We also need pace on the right wing. Dyer doesnt want to play there, nor is he truly suited to play there, and hes far better utilised in the centre where he can get on the ball more. Milner and Nobby are relatively slow, Duff is shit at this point in time and his pace is deceptively moderate - not fast at all anymore - so we could do with a good, pacey player out on that flank. SWP fits that bill perfectly.

Itd be ideal if we got rid of both Duff and Luque to finance a move for SWP. Kill a few birds with one stone - get pace, goals, Nobby's first team replacement, and get rid of underperforming players with big reputations and even bigger salaries. Zog on the left, SWP on the right, and Milner as backup to either of them, with the likes of Dyer/Emre being able to fill in if need be.

SWP may run like a whippet but he is ridiculously one footed,his control is temperamental to say the least,his crossing is poor and he doesn't score goals anywhere near enough.Chelsea paid 24 mill for him just for pace,they could have bought Bellendamy for 5 mill and he has many more qualities.If someone wants to pay way over the odds for him again,i hope it isn't us.I'd pay 4 mill top whack.No-no for me-we need a striker and two quality full backs,we already have 4 better wide men than SWP in Nobby,Milner,NZog and Duff.