NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

When Cisse and Ba go off to the African cup who'll play up front?

They might not be going yet,  have to beat the Ivory Coast.  We will know though in plenty time to line up someone in January if the do qualify.  Bit risky though as i'd imagine clubs will hike up the price knowing we are going to be short.

Ameobi and Campbell in a Geordie-superpowered archetypal "big man/little man" combination.

Could you please just sit tight so Dave can tell you off for even daring to mention Campbell, even in jest. Ta.

Still think we really need a centre back and forward. I like Simpson tbh but signing a right back of similar quality to the rest of the first 11 would be fantastic.

I agree

Think it'll be one or the other before the deadline, not both.

When Cisse and Ba go off to the African cup who'll play up front?

They might not be going yet,  have to beat the Ivory Coast.  We will know though in plenty time to line up someone in January if the do qualify.  Bit risky though as i'd imagine clubs will hike up the price knowing we are going to be short.

I cannot understand this line of thought. Every single club across Europe and the world are trying to bankrupt us. The only time teams hike prices is when you are trying to take one of their first team players int he dying hours of a window.

CAF's qualifying systems are always mad. I suppose NUFC will benefit, but how have they devised a process where two teams who were in the last tournament are made to fight for one spot in the next. It makes little sense.

Perch at CB is a bit :scared: And not because of his height.

I think he is ok at centre half actually.  He uses the ball well out of defence and alongside a more dominant partner (ie Colo or maybe Saylor) he looks a lot more solid.

He's really improved in this area so if need be, would not mind Perch at CB at all. The way he handled Suarez is more than enough evidence for me that he can do a decent job.

Loose rumours about betting suspended on Adam Johnson to Newcastle...

We definitely need players in other positions first :lol:

If it's a loan with a view to buy next summer then it won't hurt. I like him as a player but as you say other positions should take priority in terms of £££ signings.

There will always be rumours about adam johnson purely because he is from the north east (think he supports us as well), there probably isnt much in it tbh

Well there could be. He's had a bust up with Mancini and will definitely be leaving. Last rumours I heard were he was going to Everton.

My only worry if we were really in for Adam Johnson would be that Ben Arfa could be on his way out as they play the same position and Johnson surely wouldn't be coming here to sit on the bench.

So probs complete bullshit. Maybe it's the blow your socks off mackem loan signing :D

There will always be rumours about adam johnson purely because he is from the north east (think he supports us as well), there probably isnt much in it tbh

Well there could be. He's had a bust up with Mancini and will definitely be leaving. Last rumours I heard were he was going to Everton.

aye thats true like, but either way we probably wouldnt be able to meet a man city players wages, plus we need players for more important positions

I thought that £7m thing was a joke?  :lol:

Wasn't at the talk-in myself to judge the context of the comment but it was what AP said and knowing MA/DL and the reaction from LFC from our bid it wouldn't surprise me... And if we do pride ourselves focusing on the value of a player I'd certainly wouldn't be paying much more than £7m baring in mind Cisse cost £8m albeit a few years older... Would be interesting who people would prefer if we could only buy one more player for £7m... Debuchy or Carroll...