NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Steven Taylor cannot be relied upon to stay fit for a whole season, but i think we should be looking for an improvement in that position regardless. A CB, RB and striker would be perfect, although a i very much doubt we will get all 3

Don't think we'll be bringing in another CB like. We're clearly after a right back though, still pinning hopes on Debuchy. I think most fans think we need another CB in, but from the outside it seems a case of we'll try and get Douglas at the end of August, if not then we're happy to go with what we've got. It really depends on how much they rate Good as this moment in time.

we need to strengthen the defence clearly but also we let go 2 strikers and have not replaced them.

I think it will be a striker that comes in. Pardew will be happy enough with Simpson and Anita coming in gives an option to cover fullback as well as midfield.

Defence is still our biggest worry IMO. We've added nothing and people were fretting last Summer.

Agreed i know Pardew said one more but i'd really like a RB and a CB in tbh.

Agree with this. Hopefully Debuchy may still come and Douglas once he sorted out his dutch nationality. They are the priority. However would love a creative/goalscoring forward player who can play on the top right of a 433 (similar to Hoilett).

Right side sorted with HBA. Marveaux looks promising but has it all to prove still, as does Sammy imo

433 looked by far our best formation last year but Ba looked like a round peg in a square hole in that formation.

I guess we're all playing fantasy football here but MD at RB would give us the balance to play the 4-3-3 we've all being talking/dreaming about.

AP has indicated on the article on co.uk that VA will be playing (mostly) as part of our midfield triumvirate so if he has to play LB or RB we'll be weakening that set up.

Debuchy would give us the attacking fullback MO you need for that 4-3-3 to work effectively on both sides of the pitch.

I've nothing against Simpson in a defensive mode but clearly going forward/finding a pass isn't a strong part of his game.

Anybody playing us will know that and can shut him out pretty easily allowing them to concentrate on other areas knowing that flank is "slightly weaker"

Put the Debuch in there and the whole complexion of our pressing play changes immeasurably. 

I guess we're all playing fantasy football here but MD at RB would give us the balance to play the 4-3-3 we've all being talking/dreaming about.

AP has indicated on the article on co.uk that VA will be playing (mostly) as part of our midfield triumvirate so if he has to play LB or RB we'll be weakening that set up.

Debuchy would give us the attacking fullback MO you need for that 4-3-3 to work effectively on both sides of the pitch.

I've nothing against Simpson in a defensive mode but clearly going forward/finding a pass isn't a strong part of his game.

Anybody playing us will know that and can shut him out pretty easily allowing them to concentrate on other areas knowing that flank is "slightly weaker"

Put the Debuch in there and the whole complexion of our pressing play changes immeasurably. 

Well put.

Would be suicidal to go into the new season without another quality CB.

No. No it wouldn't.

We'd still be better off than last season.

How exactly are we better off than last season? CB wise that is. Same qiality and depth as last season, but a hell of a lot more games (potentially)

Santon overlapping with Marv on the left :sweetjesus:

Debuch overlapping with Ben 10 on the right :sweetjesus:

Anita and Mr T controlling the midfield :sweetjesus:

Cabaye being Cabaye in the hole  :pedro:

Cisse like a boss in the box  :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus:

Honestly, I don't know if I could handle that (if it comes off)  :drool:

Santon overlapping with Marv on the left :sweetjesus:

Debuch overlapping with Ben 10 on the right :sweetjesus:

Anita and Mr T controlling the midfield :sweetjesus:

Cabaye being Cabaye in the hole  :pedro:

Cisse like a boss in the box  :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus: :sweetjesus:

Honestly, I don't know if I could handle that (if it comes off)  :drool:

And Ba the odd man out.

Aye, think some are getting a little bit carried away about our transfer activity. Of most folks' first XI, only Simpson is a clear weak spot. And even then, he was competent enough to play nearly every week in a team that finished 5th. Yes of course the squad is very important, but we're not in the Champions League and simply can't afford to have two top quality players in every position. Have a look at that list I posted - most of the clubs in the league would absolutely love those options, and some of the very top clubs would happily have a few.

Aside from Ranger, from this point selling any player will weaken the squad. We're lean as fuck and we'd need to adequately replace them which could be worryingly expensive. But unless that happens*, the current squad looks pretty fucking fantastic IMO. Obviously I'd love for us to add yet more quality to the books but I'll not be complaining too much if the transfer window closes with our squad like this. We can't have it all.

*Still expecting one. :shifty:

I think we'll get Debuchy and that'll be it, for the first team anyway. Wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a young forward for a small fee (maybe that Koura we had on trial) just as a little bit of extra cover; Ranger's replacement, if you like.

We'll definitely bid again for Debuchy. Hope it comes off like :sweetjesus:

Not so sure we'll increase our bid, but I have no doubt we'll be pestering them and the player hoping they give in.