NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

graeme anderson ‏@sunechograeme

Don't mean to give folks sleepless night but I'm hearing Newcastle have approached Johnson for talks. Decent source. Hope they're wrong.

graeme anderson ‏@sunechograeme

Panic over. Top source just told me Johnson "too expensive" for Newcastle. Lol. This transfer window, man. #twistsandturnseverydaynow.

lol, man.

Too expensive for us means it'll plunge the mackems into financial meltdown.

Come on Marty, you know what to do! :lol:

Only downside is he's young and has resale value. Oh, and he's actually quite good. Would much prefer them to waste their time and money on people the wrong side of 30 who are shit. A few more Sahas, if you would.

God I hope they don't get him mind, not that I'm worried about him improving them much because they're distinctly average in pretty much every other department, I just cannot handle the inevitable 100 page thread about how Magic Marty charmed Andy to Wearside and how we're all ready with a noose.

I suppose it'll make for comical reading in a few months time like.

Surely players would much rather deal with a smooth-talking, handsome, metrosexual fella like Pards than talk to a little shrunken, mumbling troll like O'Neill?

Any player with options isn't going to Sunderland. Period.

Don´t get this "most important is to keep the players atm". Surly we can get out and buy some players too. Or does the club think that they can run away if we leave to negotiate with a club over a new player :lol:

Guest BooBoo

[qute author=ATB link=topic=91363.msg3883575#msg3883575 date=1345579231]

Don´t get this "most important is to keep the players atm". Surly we can get out and buy some players too. Or does the club think that they can run away if we leave to negotiate with a club over a new player :lol:

A club like us in a position where we've qualified for Europe should be seeing keeping ahold of its best players as a given, not some added bonus. It's the only thing that Pards goes on about that annoys me. The line of "the biggest bonus is that we've not lost anybody" won't wash for ever and I certainly don't want to hear it trotted out if we fail to make further additions. Ashley on the whole hasn't sold players unless they've agitated for moves- only Carroll was sold to make serious cash. Most of the others like Given, NZogbia, Milner and Enrique all wanted to piss off.

A club like us in a position where we've qualified for Europe should be seeing keeping ahold of its best players as a given, not some added bonus.

Don't agree with this. Every club of our stature across the Premier League and Europe are vulnerable to bigger clubs signing your best players.

Guest BooBoo

It's more that the line gets wheeled out regularly and that it's almost expected we should be clapping that we've not sold anyone that irritates me.

As I said, generally Ashley doesn't sell the stars unless the player wants out.

It's more that the line gets wheeled out regularly and that it's almost expected we should be clapping that we've not sold anyone that irritates me.

As I said, generally Ashley doesn't sell the starts unless the player wants out.

To be honest, it's very rare that a club of our size doesn't lose at least one of its key players after a season like that to one of the "elite". For us to keep everyone together is excellent tbh.

A club like us in a position where we've qualified for Europe should be seeing keeping ahold of its best players as a given, not some added bonus. It's the only thing that Pards goes on about that annoys me. The line of "the biggest bonus is that we've not lost anybody" won't wash for ever and I certainly don't want to hear it trotted out if we fail to make further additions. Ashley on the whole hasn't sold players unless they've agitated for moves- only Carroll was sold to make serious cash. Most of the others like Given, NZogbia, Milner and Enrique all wanted to p*ss off.

Clubs like Spurs and Arsenal?

A club like us in a position where we've qualified for Europe should be seeing keeping ahold of its best players as a given, not some added bonus. It's the only thing that Pards goes on about that annoys me.The line of "the biggest bonus is that we've not lost anybody" won't wash for ever and I certainly don't want to hear it trotted out if we fail to make further additions. Ashley on the whole hasn't sold players unless they've agitated for moves- only Carroll was sold to make serious cash. Most of the others like Given, NZogbia, Milner and Enrique all wanted to p*ss off.

exactly.

:clap:

Excellent if we can keep our good players. But why should that stop us from get in new ones? If we can keep the squad together we have an excellent chance to really get going. Would be a shame to miss that chance.

A club like us in a position where we've qualified for Europe should be seeing keeping ahold of its best players as a given, not some added bonus. It's the only thing that Pards goes on about that annoys me.The line of "the biggest bonus is that we've not lost anybody" won't wash for ever and I certainly don't want to hear it trotted out if we fail to make further additions. Ashley on the whole hasn't sold players unless they've agitated for moves- only Carroll was sold to make serious cash. Most of the others like Given, NZogbia, Milner and Enrique all wanted to p*ss off.

exactly.

:clap:

Players that leave Spurs and Arsenal are far better than what we have here. They leave for Real Madrid (Modric) and Barcelona (Arsenal) , that happens to Manchester United and even Chelsea (Robben etc) as well. Players of that calibre aren't around here yet. Apart from Perch.

Perhaps the players they have had in the past are better than what we have but I'm not sure I would swap starting 11s with either of them. Its because they are selling their best players that we are catching them up, as well as keeping our own.