NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

Has no one posted the picture of E Pieters at the match yet?

I did earlier in the Pieters thread funnily enough.

Good lad.

Ta ;)

Ian Horrocks ‏@horrocksy

Great day, good result, vibe around the place is great would love to think all the lads we have will still be there in 2 wks

Even the photographer isn't sure :frantic:

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted that he could make one more signing before the transfer window closes.

Ferguson had indicated at the unveiling of Robin van Persie on Friday that the Dutchman's arrival from Arsenal was likely to be the last bit of business this summer.

However, Ferguson has revealed he is confident he would get the backing of the club's owners, the Glazers, if he wanted to make another foray in the transfer market.

"I think that is maybe it [in terms of signings this summer]," Ferguson told MUTV. "Maybe in one other position.

"We have spent a big amount of money and, if I need to go to the owners, I am sure they would say 'yes'. But it's only if a certain player would become available."

Ferguson revealed earlier this summer he could be in the market for a new left-back with United short of cover and he has been linked with a move for Everton's Leighton Baines.

Doesn't sound like he's going to splash out on two of our players, thankfully.

Guest bimpy474

Can't Pieters cover CB?

Apparently so, could be why we are linked. Multiple cover and all that.

Aye, wouldn't affect the Debuchy deal either if Simpson goes.

Thats what i'm hoping ;)

Why are we buying another fullback after getting Anita?

This is getting dumber and dumber, especially if it's not our #1 target mr. Debuchy.

Get in a friggin CB!

You are rubbish.

Why are we buying another fullback after getting Anita?

This is getting dumber and dumber, especially if it's not our #1 target mr. Debuchy.

Get in a friggin CB!

Because Anita is here to play in midfield?

We shall see about this... I think he'll be covering back slots, if God forbid, we get an injury to either one.

Always annoys me :lol:

Once a thread goes anywhere near the 8th-10th slots and then suddenly is bumped the heart starts racing.

Then I see that someone has gone on to comment that they agree with the previous poster who posted about 5 hours earlier.

The Sunderland Echo says Sunderland are pulling out all the stops to sign Adam Johnson. They claim we are also interested along with Spurs, Liverpool and Everton. They reckon he wants to go to a club with european football.

Maybe he could be one of the " opportunities" that come up at the end of the window, that Pards was on about.