NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

£20m would be a great price, his injuries aren't going to suddenly stop happening, in act they'll start to effect his pace before long ruining his game. I think it's about 2 years too early, but like I've said for months it's going to be hard to keep our best players after this season.

Unless we make a statement of intent with the next manager. Keep Pardew and they'll vanish.

Exactly, we'll lose them.

With a s*** load of cash coming our way, Ben Arfa is a great player as is Cabaye etc etc but you can do a lot with the money they would command.

I realise at times like that this its hard to think clearly, but do it for a moment and you will realise its no all doom and gloom. ( should we stay up of course)

Everyone thought we were f*cked when we sold Nolan, Enrique, Barton and Carroll and looked what happened there.

Definitely not, IF we stay up.  If we go down I'm afraid it is all doom and gloom.  Miss out on TV money, players walking, stuck with Pardew etc etc

How long does HBA have left anyway?

£20m would be a great price, his injuries aren't going to suddenly stop happening, in act they'll start to effect his pace before long ruining his game. I think it's about 2 years too early, but like I've said for months it's going to be hard to keep our best players after this season.

Unless we make a statement of intent with the next manager. Keep Pardew and they'll vanish.

With a s*** load of cash coming our way, Ben Arfa is a great player as is Cabaye etc etc but you can do a lot with the money they would command.

I realise at times like that this its hard to think clearly, but do it for a moment and you will realise its no all doom and gloom. ( should we stay up of course)

Everyone thought we were f*cked when we sold Nolan, Enrique, Barton and Carroll and looked what happened there.

Definitely not, IF we stay up.  If we go down I'm afraid it is all doom and gloom.  Miss out on TV money, players walking, stuck with Pardew etc etc

2015 iirc.

2015 rings a bell.

Yeah, it actually wouldn't be the end of the world if we had to sell some of our better players for big fees in the summer. If you cant trust any club to claw for every penny out of the sellers and use the money earned wisely, it's probably us.

The most pain would come from the emotional attachment, but with the recent performances I'm perilously close to hating everyone now anyway.

Anyway, Spurs have already got about 4000 attacking midfielders and I can't see Levy sanctioning big money for another one.

He'd drop Lennon to the bench in a heart beat and everyone knows it, anyway as i said more interested about staying up and getting rid of the moron in charge than any ins or outs.

Staying up and getting rid of Pardew is more important than any transfers.

I did say if we stay up tbf, if we go down we are f*cked i think everybody realises that.

Guest VanBarduck

Watching Canal+Sport right now , they gave the same news  :(

Is Bale already sold ? Maybe this is  a contingency until the a "big name" comes in the summer

Is Bale already sold ? Maybe this is  a contingency until the a "big name" comes in the summer

Why do you think this has anything to do with Bale? they have been crying out for some crying for someone of Ben Arfa's ability on the other wing for ages.

Lennon is good and all but he isn't Ben Arfa talent wise good and AVB could bring that out.

There is no reason if they reach the CL they couldn't keep Bale and spend 20m+ on someone to play on the right.

Selling him now would be a massive waste, and I also doubt that he has convinced any top club to buy him for a big fee at this point.

Yeah, this gives me hope.

Also agree with the 'waste' comment, I'd feel fucking robbed! The massive, massive talent we have on our hands and yet to see him realise his full potential. :anguish:

Ugh, it would hurt to lose the one player we have who's genuinely fun to watch, but I have to say I don't really adore Ben Arfa to the degree that I couldn't bear him leaving.

Compare him to a player like Bale or even the likes of Ronaldo/Messi. Look at the difference in natural ability (not much.) Look at the difference in output (massive.)

Ben Arfa's a pretty tragic case of wasted talent and between his inconsistencies and injuries he's never going to tear the league to pieces like we all want him to.

There, I've jinxed it. Watch him score twenty goals for Spurs next season.

f***s sake

Well yeah, all of the English press will latch onto this for tomorrow morning anyway. Doesn't mean there's anything in it though

Guest reefatoon

Ugh, it would hurt to lose the one player we have who's genuinely fun to watch, but I have to say I don't really adore Ben Arfa to the degree that I couldn't bear him leaving.

Compare him to a player like Bale or even the likes of Ronaldo/Messi. Look at the difference in natural ability (not much.) Look at the difference in output (massive.)

Ben Arfa's a pretty tragic case of wasted talent and between his inconsistencies and injuries he's never going to tear the league to pieces like we all want him to.

There, I've jinxed it. Watch him score twenty goals for Spurs next season.

I have to agree with all of that.

It's this kind of stuff that's going to force Ashley's hand, players wanting to move. He's all about maximising assets but if his assets aren't happy simply because of the manager, then I imagine he'll give the manager the bullet. Ben Arfa's an ambitious lad, I wouldn't be surprised if he was looking to go to a contending club, he could actually play with a proper coach for starters. What kind of footballer is going to want to stay here under this moron?

Anyone who expected Ben Arfa to stay beyond this summer is fucking Looney tunes tbh. Why would one of the most talented attacking players on the continent, in a World Cup year, want to play under No More Goals again and be utterly wasted?