NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I love Ben Arfa, and have done since his days in Lyon. I would be devastated if he left. Especially to a club like Tottenham. Really hope we're able to keep him for at least one more season. Make that a season without Pardew in charge.

Guest VanBarduck

Watching Canal+Sport right now , they gave the same news  :(

Is Bale already sold ? Maybe this is  a contingency until the a "big name" comes in the summer

Why do you think this has anything to do with Bale? they have been crying out for some crying for someone of Ben Arfa's ability on the other wing for ages.

Lennon is good and all but he isn't Ben Arfa talent wise good and AVB could bring that out.

There is no reason if they reach the CL they couldn't keep Bale and spend 20m+ on someone to play on the right.

Cause the journalist said something about it . I think/hope they're are going after Griezmann , they've mentionned it too , plus , he's more of Bale type of player rather than hatem , and he'll suits more easily into their formation

Is Bale already sold ? Maybe this is  a contingency until the a "big name" comes in the summer

Why do you think this has anything to do with Bale? they have been crying out for some crying for someone of Ben Arfa's ability on the other wing for ages.

Lennon is good and all but he isn't Ben Arfa talent wise good and AVB could bring that out.

There is no reason if they reach the CL they couldn't keep Bale and spend 20m+ on someone to play on the right.

Cause the journalist said something about it . I think/hope they're are going after Griezmann , they've mentionned it too , plus , he's more of Bale type of player rather than hatem , and he'll suits more easily into their formation

Oh fair enough, i initially felt you was just making assumptions.

Replacing Bale with Ben Arfa would have to go down as potentially one of the most disastrous transfer moves ever. If he stays fit then fine, but if not Spurs have gone from a borderline CL team to a side with almost no goal threat at all.

Obviously they would look at other signings as well, but even so.

For me HBA still has a lot to prove at Newcastle. I absolutely love the lad, but basically he's hardly played for us. If we stay up he shouldn't be going anywhere.

We need to accept we'll lose our best players regardless of staying up. I would take losing HBA and Cabaye if we stay up and Pardew is replaced well.

Things are dire with these players at the moment. The club is always bigger than the individuals. As long as we replace the manager with someone very good, i wont mind too much. There are always others out there .. belhanda for example.

Anyone who expected Ben Arfa to stay beyond this summer is f***ing Looney tunes tbh. Why would one of the most talented attacking players on the continent, in a World Cup year, want to play under No More Goals again and be utterly wasted?

Just out of interest.. if Ben Arfa does stay beyond this summer, I assume you will retract that?

Guest VanBarduck

Aren't Infosport+ and Canal+ effectively the same station?

Correct . canal+ is the  parent company

Anyone who expected Ben Arfa to stay beyond this summer is f***ing Looney tunes tbh. Why would one of the most talented attacking players on the continent, in a World Cup year, want to play under No More Goals again and be utterly wasted?

Just out of interest.. if Ben Arfa does stay beyond this summer, I assume you will retract that?

Tsk tsk, the rules are that if it comes true he gets to chew out everyone and if it doesn't we just act like nothing happened.

honestly man, for fucks sake

Okay, I thought there were two different sources. If it's just the same source then it looks a lot more flimsy.

He still might if a positive manager is installed and some ambition shown. I doubt it like but I wouldn't discount the possibility.

Under this mug, no chance. I think we've seriously blown it with regards keeping our top players.

Okay, I thought there were two different sources. If it's just the same source then it looks a lot more flimsy.

Even when there are two sources, it's quite often one reporting the other. Or both reporting the same tweet.

Guest Nixon

He still might if a positive manager is installed and some ambition shown. I doubt it like but I wouldn't discount the possibility.

Under this mug, no chance. I think we've seriously blown it with regards keeping our top players.

I could understand your argument if he hadn't been injured so consistently this year. I'd imagine he's hoping to get fit (remember Pardew said his hamstring still isn't 100%) before he would try and such move, that's assuming any of the top clubs were willing to pay the asked fee.

At least at Newcastle he can have a steady year instead of messing things up by moving to another club and disrupting things.

HBA isn't some sort of Bale-esque European superstar at the moment. He's a mostly injured flair player in a struggling side. He also works for a club who won't sell him cheap, and he seems to like it here.

I don't see where the certainty he will leave comes from.