NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Anyone who expected Ben Arfa to stay beyond this summer is f***ing Looney tunes tbh. Why would one of the most talented attacking players on the continent, in a World Cup year, want to play under No More Goals again and be utterly wasted?

Just out of interest.. if Ben Arfa does stay beyond this summer, I assume you will retract that?

He still might if a positive manager is installed and some ambition shown. I doubt it like but I wouldn't discount the possibility.

Under this mug, no chance. I think we've seriously blown it with regards keeping our top players.

This. It might have been different if we'd actually had a good second half to the season but we haven't, it's been utterly embarrassing despite having a far better team to work with compared to the first half of the campaign. The players aren't mugs, they'll have realised by now that he's a busted flush.

HBA isn't some sort of Bale-esque European superstar at the moment. He's a mostly injured flair player in a struggling side. He also works for a club who won't sell him cheap, and he seems to like it here.

I don't see where the certainty he will leave comes from.

He'll only be injured in the championship.

We need to accept we'll lose our best players regardless of staying up. I would take losing HBA and Cabaye if we stay up and Pardew is replaced well.

Sounds completely insane but i would as well, the most important things are staying up and replacing Pardew with someone who has a f*cking clue.

We need to accept we'll lose our best players regardless of staying up. I would take losing HBA and Cabaye if we stay up and Pardew is replaced well.

Sounds completely insane but i would as well, the most important things are staying up and replacing Pardew with someone who has a f*cking clue.

But wouldn't they stay if we lost Pardew?

But wouldn't they stay if we lost Pardew?

Perhaps, we will have to wait and see i suppose.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

This is Ben Arfa's last crack at a World Cup. A flair player like him is not going to get into that squad by doing a bit of defending and battling relegation.

France aren't even sure of going to the WC and he's also on the unwanted list, with Nasri and M'Vila (suspended) after the dressing room bustup at the last Euros

Anyone who expected Ben Arfa to stay beyond this summer is f***ing Looney tunes tbh. Why would one of the most talented attacking players on the continent, in a World Cup year, want to play under No More Goals again and be utterly wasted?

Just out of interest.. if Ben Arfa does stay beyond this summer, I assume you will retract that?

He still might if a positive manager is installed and some ambition shown. I doubt it like but I wouldn't discount the possibility.

Under this mug, no chance. I think we've seriously blown it with regards keeping our top players.

If Pardew stays then the more technical players will be looking for moves. Which is why I believe Pards will be sacked once the season's ended. Sorry, but I don't believe even Ashley is that pig headed to back a losing cause.

Can't blame him if true.

The fella deserves to be playing football at the highest level.

What do you mean?

Is the fact that he's been constantly injured for us not important at all?

He was fit Saturday and was left to sit on the bench. He deserves better than that.

He needs to be in a team playing exciting,attacking football. Something I think he realises will never happen with our current manager.

I'd be honoured to see him run out at The Lane.

:snod:

As if we'd get £20m for him. :spit:

HBA isn't some sort of Bale-esque European superstar at the moment. He's a mostly injured flair player in a struggling side. He also works for a club who won't sell him cheap, and he seems to like it here.

I don't see where the certainty he will leave comes from.

Exactly. The certainty comes from that article plus you guys feeling like shit, but if you stay up then it's a whole different ballgame. He's clearly happy there, and the injuries will clearly worry everyone else.

Sissoko would be great in that Spurs team alongside Sandro, but they already have Dembele to do the box-to-box stuff. They won't go for Cabaye either, they've got Holtby who has a tremendous future.

Honestly, I think all this is pointless because (a) you'll stay up (b) you'll sack Pardew. If you fail to do either of those, then maybe players will be looking to leave, but I think you'll do them both.

Ben Arfa is probably the one player we'd be most interested in because he offers us something we're really looking for - a clever, tricksy player who can play across the pitch as part of the three in 4231, or in the front three in a 433. Those who think we'd be looking for Ben Arfa to replace Bale are missing the point - we'd be expecting to get far more for Bale than we'd expect to pay for Ben Arfa, so we'd be getting Ben Arfa plus some money to get others in.

Even if there is some truth in this, I reckon nothing happens unless you get relegated. I also reckon that if that happens, we'd be interested in Ben Arfa whether or not Bale stays.